“Enjoyed our stay tremendously”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Have stayed many times, never disappointed. This last time had both dinner buffet and breakfast buffet. Also, on way back thru K.C. stayed at other hotel, but had breakfast buffet at Harrah's. Always a very nice room with all amenities in Las Vegas Tower. A long walk from hotel to casino. Harrah's does a good job with cash coupons and all the free food coupons - keep it up.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,108)

Reviewed January 31, 2013

My sister and I stayed for 2 nights while I was visiting her. The choice of restaurants was good. We had a great meal and service at the range steakhouse-atmosphere was nothing special looked like the old buffet area, but the food was what was important -very good. The room was clean, nice size. The bed was short-I am 5'11", my sister 5'6" and both our feet hung over the bottom. We had bought a air mattress for her apartment for my stay and it was longer and more comfortable than this bed. All the employees were very, very friendly. She had a great time in the casino. I am from Vegas so it was small and with out a lot of variety in the machines, but I really don't gamble much. Overall we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for your most recent review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come back and visit soon.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I arrived to Harrah's Kansas City expecting a great stay. I had been to Las Vegas earlier this month and stayed at one of Harrah's other properties, The Flamingo, and was absolutely thrilled with it. This was upscale and very lovely. The lobby was modern and had warm, beautiful tones. We stayed in the Atlantic City tower (Room 816) and it was absolutely lovely. The room was immaculately clean, nicely decorated, and very comfortable. The bed was heavenly, the bathtub was enormous, and they left chocolates on the pillow at night. It was the perfect place to stay. I have absolutely no complaints. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Thank you for the amazing review, we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I took a quick trip for the weekend. We were very impressed with the hotel service. The front desk, housekeeping, waiters at the buffet, casino staff, everyone, was so kind and friendly. The room we had was nonsmoking with a king bed. There was a couch and plenty of space in the room. We were provided with extra pillows very quickly after we called for them. The room was clean and very nice. My only complant, if I had to make one, was that our fridge didn't get very cold. I am sure if we would have told them they would have looked it. The ice machine was close by and worked just fine to chill our drinks. We would visit again.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Long girl weekend in KC. We like staying at Harrah's properties and because we stay with them regularly, we get great rates. This rooms are spacious and clean with great comfortable beds/bedding. The sports bar and onsite Italian restaurant both offer great dining options. Harrah's North is in a convenient location that makes it easy to get to all the main shopping areas.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Make sure that you are or become a member of the Total Rewards program. That will allow you to get better rooms over time. The check in process is very easy here and the entire staff does welcome you. The buffet was recently updated and has very nice selections and good prices. If gambling is not your thing, there are sometimes shows that happen on the weekends. If you are into watching sports, 810 SportsZone is a fantastic place to watch the game and the food selection is top notch. I have been staying here exclusively over the past year. Not one issue to report. Great every time.

Room Tip: Try for the Las Vegas tower, but others are OK.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sandoval
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I got a great deal on a room with a king bed and I was a little nervous after reading some of the reviews but our stay couldn't have been better! My request for a nonsmoking room was fulfilled and the room was very clean and spacious. The staff was very nice and helpful in both the hotel and casino. Drinks in the casino were fairly priced and the breakfast buffet was delicious. (You can get a dollar off each meal if you have the free casino rewards card) The indoor walk to the casino from the hotel isn't bad at all and only takes about 3 minutes. We only stayed one night to apartment hunt but would love to stay longer next time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2013

thank you for your feedback and the great review, come back soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Kansas City
Ameristar Casino Hotel Kansas City
Argosy Casino Hotel & Spa Kansas City
Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown North
Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown...
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
3 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#45 of 109 in Kansas City
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!