Harrah's North Kansas City
$65
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North(North Kansas City)
$79
American Inn(North Kansas City)
$75
Hotels.com
$189
$159
TownePlace Suites
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$72
$94
ComfortInn
Rodeway Inn(Kansas City)
$59
3,327 results
All reviewstable gamescasino floordiamond loungeharrah's casinovoodoo loungerooms are nicecompsstreaktubvalet
Reviewed December 6, 2012 via mobile

I statyed at harrahs kc this week. Overall decent hotel I was somewhat upset because I booked my room online and clicked the box for non smoking and called hotel and told them I would be checking in around 8pm I was told no problm our room will be waiting for you. I arrived at the hotel at 7:45pm and went to check in and the girl at the desk was anything but friendly she was checking me in and said we have you in a queen smoking room I said no a non smoking room she said all we have left is smoking. I asked why online it says non smoking king she said oh that is just an option. I was highly frustraded with this girl. I got my room and my keys did not work . The room smelled so bad. Smoke smell on everything. The blankets it is horrible. Went to the casino and was playing blackjack and harrahs has some very rude dealers.The dealers acted like she hated her job no customer interaction and very short when asked a question. And they charge $10 plus tax for wifi which is crazy. Very greedy. The buffet was horrible for breakfast food was cold and eggs were nasty. The Range for dinner was very good had a great waiter very friendly and excellent service. I am a member of harrahs gm club and the staff in the gm club were great. I would only stay at harrahs if argosy hotel has no rooms available.

• Stayed: December 2012
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2012

Thank you for your most recent feedback regarding your stay with us. We are in the process of updating some of the rooms and we hope when you return, you will see a big change. Come back soon.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed for two days in this casino, and I was extremely pleased with my room, and with the staff of the hotel. From my initial greeting at the front desk, a gracious welcome at the excellent buffet, to helpful directions from the doormen - I was struck by the friendliness of the staff throughout the hotel and casino. I enjoyed my stay, and will return for another visit.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for the awesome feedback. Hope you come visit again. Thanks again.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I recently stayed for a few days in this hotel casino. It was nice to have so many things in one place. I had fun gambling. The room was above average and clean. My high rating for this place is the food and staff. Everyone in the place was friendly, must have had a 100 people say hi to me, so many that you might think it was not genuinue, but it did not feel like it. There are some fine restaurants, but you will be very surprised by the excellent quality of the food at the sports bar, priced very reasonably with some unique daily specials. I would go out of my way to stop there again and eat. Some one in charge of this place is doing a fine job of training the staff including the waiters to go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Thanks for the great review. We really do pride ourselves on making each customer feel welcomed. It is a standard and exceptation that each customer is greeted as our guests. Please come back and visit us again.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

This was our first time at this location. This hotel offers a wide variety of entertainment, dining, and of course gaming. The rooms are very large and comfortable. The hotel common areas are clean and well-maintained, as well as beautiful. They had just began holiday decorations and are doing a great job with it. The hotel lobby is warm, inviting and wecoming --- as are the rooms. The beds are comfortable and the hotel staff are amazing. The Korner Grille offered a great variety of options and the food was very tasty.

The staff at this location make it truly great --- everyone we encountered (security at the casino entrance, housekeeping, front desk, valet and bellmen) were kind, respectful, and eager to assist in any way possible. I have now stayed at Harrah's locations in Cherokee, Vegas, Biloxi, Joliet, Tunica, and other Caesar's properties. This property, and Cherokee, are my favorite. I do not recall her name but the F & B Manager spent time talking with my family and I outside of the Diamond Lounge. She was one of the most pleasant people I have ever encountered in the service industry. She genuinely asked if we found everything to be satisfactory. The Bellman and valet that assisted us were both equally as awesome. They too asked if we had enjoyed our stay and if they had "lived up to our expectations." Staff here are of the highest quality and hats off to all of them for making our brief stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the amazing review. This review has been sent to our property leaders so we can share it with the 1000+ employees who everyday make memories for our guests and to keep our casino and hotel running. Thanks again, we love great reviews.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

The Harrah's rooms have been very nicely remodeled, so as a hotel, very nice.

The casino was very stuffy and way too much cigarette smoke but nice otherwise, nice employees, etc.

The restaurants really need to be remodeled and improved. The food was good but boy the steakhouse, etc. are dated... They should look to Harrah's properties in Council Bluffs, Iowa, Tunica, MS or Vegas for examples of restaurant facilities. The Range Bar was really poorly laided out and lacked even a basic rye whisky,,,,, The employees were great but working at a disadvantage regarding finer dining at the casino..

r&b

Room Tip: Great place to stay,, Not recommended for dining,,,Maybe the sports bar is ok but from what we saw, all the restaurants need modernization.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed your visit. We are sorry to hear about the Steakhouse. The Range is in need of some updating and we are looking at ways to better the "look". We hope you however enjoyed the quality of the food? If you would like to call, my number is 816-472-7777.