“Ask before buying anything.”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Ask before buying anything.”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Location is good, rooms were nice, the breakfast buffet was average, and the slot machines were generous... But make sure you ask before you partake in any extra services... Wifi costs something like $12 a day. Need to print tickets? It's $1.50 a page, and if the site isn't on their "free list," Internet access is $10/10 minutes. Talk about a racket... We weren't even mad, we were impressed with how well they hosed us. 10 minutes and 9 pieces of paper cost us $23.50. Thankfully they didn't charge us to print a receipt.

• Stayed September 2012
daniel c, Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your feedback on your stay. We are happy you enjoyed your room but our business servies were costly. We do offer free boarding passes, mapquest etc but because the center is an outside company, we do charge for items such as printing, faxing etc. This is standard in most full service hotels and throughout our brand. We do hope your visit again and thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
Urbandale, Iowa
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Really nice hotel! Several restaurants on property. We took our kids to Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun and stayed here because it was the cheapest on Expedia. Had adjoining rooms for 2 nights. No problems! The kids are 12, 16, and 20 so we snuck down for an hour each morning while they were sleeping to gamble. Really a fun long weekend vacation!

Room Tip: Our room was a queen with a pullout couch so we moved one of the kids into our room when they were a...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
I am very glad you had a good stay and hope you come visit us again.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 13, 2012

The wife and I were on vacation and we stayed one night at Harrah's North KC. Since we made reservations late I paid somewhere around $200 for the room. Room was nice but that's not the problem here. To log into thier wifi they wanted to charge another $10. Now this may sound petty but it burns my you know what that we paid over $200 for a room, dropped more than I will admit in their casino, and they want to charge $10 for freakin' wifi? I was shocked. I've stayed in much nicer and I've stayed in dives - The one common thing amoung the other hotels is the wifi was free with the room. I'm sure they won't miss my business since I am only one guy but I will not spend another penny in the future with this hotel or casino. I have had great experiences with Harrah's in other places but the North KC bunch should take a look at how much $10 worth of wifi could cost them in the future. In all fairness we had no other issues at this hotel. I'm still angry.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sidebite252
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Thnak you for your feedback on your stay. I am sorry you are upset about our wifi charges. When setting prices and charging, we are competitive in the casino market and most Harrahs's, maybe all do charge as well. I would be more then happy to discuss this with you and you can call me 816-472-7777. Again, sorry you are upset and we hope you change your mind and visit us again.
Bethany, Missouri
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We recently stayed a couple of nights at this hotel and was very satisfied with the experience! Great room and everyone was exceptional on helping us. Couldn't get any better. And we will visit again real soon!!!!

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor of the Atlantic Tours. Not a lot of noise and was very sunny!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, September 14, 2012
Thank you for your most recent feedback on your stay at Harrah's NKC. I am glad we received 5 stars and hope you visit us again.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed September 10, 2012

My husband's company party, was held held in the Convention center here. There was an open bar, appetizers, salad course, entree, and dessert bar. The decorations, place settings, etc. provided an elegant atmosphere. The band was very good and there was plenty of room to dance. We really enjoyed ourselves!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
daniel c, Front Office Manager at Harrah's North Kansas City, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
Thank you for your postive response and we are glad you enjoyed your stay at Harrah's.
Modesto, California
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed two different Harrah's in a short time. So I could not help comparing two.
when we got here, the hotel was very nice and room was good. The casino area was bigger than that of Counsil Bluffs, IA.

Beds: We had double beds room. the bed was a little smaller than Qn size. It was very unconfortable We could not sleep at all. We slept very well at Harrah's in Council Bluffs, so we expected the same. Very disappointed. Maybe we were supposed to stay up in casino.

We had some sandwiches at the cafe. For the price it was not so impressive. Counsil Bluffs Cafe has very generous portion. We could share their sandwiches.

breakfast at the buffet. Selections was dedcent and service was very good.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am also glad that you received a good rate and that your stay was enjoyable. Come back and visit us again.
Kenosha, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 6, 2012

My bf and I stayed here for 3 nights on Labor Day weekend on a tour of casinos in the area. Making reservations was a little difficult as I had a coupon where I had to call, and was told she could not find the coupon code. I then tried to get the "special" rate for Monday night only as it was not part of the rest of the holiday weekend, and was told that they see different rates than we see online. I finally settled for $10 off a night with my rewards card. Several weeks later I was checking online rates again, and they had a special where they took 25% off for multiple nights, which included the nights in my holiday weekend. I ended up booking that and canceling the old reservation, saving over $80 for the 3 nights. So anyone making reservations should probably check the "promotions calendar" on the website to see if you qualify for any discounts.

Our room was a smoking king in the Atlantic Tower, and it actually smelled pretty fresh when we first walked in. Not sure if they just updated rooms, but the linens looked new, the TV was a decent sized flat screen, the bathroom had nice counters and furnishings, and there was a fridge in the dresser that the TV sat on. The only "bad" thing about the room was that the showerhead only seemed to adjust to where the spray was concentrated and was a little hard on the body. The rooms seemed pretty decent for soundproofing. EIther that or guests were quiet. We brought our laptop so we could check in prior to our flight home, but did not need it as they had free airline access in the business center. Otherwise you are paying for WiFi or we were told it was free in the coffeeshop.

The casino itself was ok. Overall we did not win, but did not lose as much as we thought we would. We like the old "reel" machines for 25 cents, and there were a decent amount to pick from. There are free beverage stations (soda, coffee, etc) on each level, and beers at the bar were $3.50.

We ate at the breakfast buffet and were a little dissapointed in the selection. The scrambled eggs were runny, they ran out of bacon for a few minutes, I had to wait a while for a fresh waffle (might want to get another maker), the chicken sausage was tasteless and cold, the ham had been sitting awhile, and they never replaced the empty bread pudding. The sports bar, 810 I believe, had very good nachos and the drinks weren't bad either. We had cosmos and margaritas. Looking forward to trying them again for more food.

Overall we had a nice stay, and will stay again when we return.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your most recent review at Harrah's NKC. We are glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you come back soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Kansas City
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!