“Junior Suite-Nice”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 25, 2012

Took a short trip to Kansas City with my wife, daughter, and one of her friends. Stayed in the Las Vegas tower on the ninth floor in a junior suite. The room was quite large, very clean, and the bed was quite comfortable. The only problem was the pull out couch was only a single and their was no pool. The smoked prime rib at the buffet was to die for.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (3,034)

Reviewed March 20, 2012

My wife and I booked 2 nights at Harrahs for a quick getaway. We used a reward coupon to receive the room for free. After getting to our room, I know why you dont have to pay. Beds are hard, tv is old bubble back setup and bath tub is small. If we stay here again we will stay in the other tower. We heard later, that it is much nicer and up to date.

We went to the 810 zone bar and grill to watch the ncaa basketball tourney. It is a neat place. Tvs everywhere and whatever game you want they put it on one of the tvs close to you. Service was quick and efficient. Food was poor to average. So, game watching, great. Food eating poor.

Casino was busy and smoky. We had a good time. Dealers were nice. Drink service was quick.

Housekeeping took very good care of us.

We will stay again taking the advice of other visitors not to stay in the old part of the hotel.

Room Tip: book your room in the new tower
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I booked through Caesars.com and was able to book a junior suite comp'd for three nights. Checked in late on a Sunday night and was initially comp'd for two nights, charged for the third. Pointed out that I was informed it would be comp'd and price was removed.

Lovely corner suite on the 9th floor of the Las Vegas tower. Very quiet, spacious. Really enjoyed the blackout curtains. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was fantastic, especially the large soaking tub.

Hotel did seem rather far from the casino. It was actually quicker to cut across the parking lot than walking through the hallways over to the District and the casino.

We'd definitely stay here again if the rooms were again comp'd. Would probably stay elsewhere if we had to pay, as there's not much else in the area other than the casino. Very close to downtown though and easy to get to from the airport.

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very nice quiet stay in the Las Vegas Tower. We were in an end room with an exit stairwell across from our room. It seems the more a person stays at this hotel, it doesn't seem like such a terrific long walking distance to the casino. They do need more parking for the handicapped though. The casino definitely needs an updating. Had played at Ameristar earlier in the day & it was super clean with lots of newer slots. Harrahs hotel and hallways by lobby were very, very clean, but the casino needs help. Can't wait for another year so we can stay again.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days for a wedding in town. I frequently go to Tunica and am always treated well there. The first night there we played slots a while and then the roulette wheel. I asked for two comp buffets and they gladly obliged. The next night we got back to the hotel late after the wedding. Played a while and asked for two comp meals at the grill and two ladies declined and said I don't play enough. I was shocked to say the least and cashed out and we went to our room. I don't think a couple free hamburgers is asking for much in return for losing a couple hundred dollars a day in the casino. Terrible casino customer service by those hateful ladies. Next time I'm in town I'll probably stay at Ameristar

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The rooms are really nice and the staff is exceptionally terrific. We often get free rooms and play for comps for buffet dinners or breakfast. One of the things I like best about this place is that they make you feel like great about being there. You may not win a lot in the casino, but with the comps and perks, you really don't mind. We stop here at least once a year, sometimes twice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you don't read any further just know this casino/hotel is not worth $250/night. If you are a paying customer with no real Harrah's Rewards points, GO DOWN THE STREET AND STAY AT AMERISTAR (GORGEOUS AND HUGE). OK. There is a significant difference between the newer Las Vegas tower and the old Atlantic City tower. I called to make my reservation. I booked the Las Vegas tower at a premium rate of $250. I specifically wanted the premium tower and the premium room, and paid a premium price. Upon booking I had the agent re confirm that my reservation locked me into the room I reserved. Upon arrival, they said the Las Vegas tower had no more availability and placed me into the Atlantic City tower. (old, dump, roach motel) The reason I got was something like this: It's the City's fault. "The city makes us have an equal number of smoking and non smoking rooms. Rooms are booked on a 1st come 1st serve basis." Naturally most people want a non smoking room. The only non smoking available was the older tower. The major problem was the little girl at the front with ZERO customer service didn't discount the rate accordingly. I paid $250/night to stay in a room that is FREE for me in Tunica, free in Vegas, and free in New Orleans. Those Atlantic Tower rooms are not even worth $99/night!!!! Now other than that the complex is very nice. There is a little hallway connecting the gaming floor to the hotel lobby. If you've ever been to Vegas this is a non issue. The casino is close, people! The old people who complain about the walk just need to find a casino hotel where the elevator spits them out on the floor directly. The dining was phenomenal. Saturday night crab legs were delicious at the buffet. Big crabs. Peeled fantastic. The steakhouse was PHENOMENAL. I suggest the couple split the bone in ribeye. The prices on food are very reasonable. We enjoyed ourselves on this trip. The room was a nightmare. But the casino was clean. There are plenty of options to eat. The $4.50 Corona is absolutely ridiculous if you are spending money in their casino. I honestly would return to this complex if I knew I would be getting the Las Vegas tower. Rest assured: even if you get a confirmation from off site reservations, the on site front desk people give you excuses. Oh yeah, if you are not a big total rewards member, the Ameristar Casino down the road is Gorgeous (painted cloud ceiling, fountains, ala Vegas) and the casino is twice as big. Plus the Ameristar looked a lot more kid friendly

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Holiday Inn Express North Kansas City
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
La Quinta Inn Kansas City North
#4 of 4 in North Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!