“Enjoyable mid-week stay”

Harrah's North Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I booked through Caesars.com and was able to book a junior suite comp'd for three nights. Checked in late on a Sunday night and was initially comp'd for two nights, charged for the third. Pointed out that I was informed it would be comp'd and price was removed.

Lovely corner suite on the 9th floor of the Las Vegas tower. Very quiet, spacious. Really enjoyed the blackout curtains. Bed was very comfortable, bathroom was fantastic, especially the large soaking tub.

Hotel did seem rather far from the casino. It was actually quicker to cut across the parking lot than walking through the hallways over to the District and the casino.

We'd definitely stay here again if the rooms were again comp'd. Would probably stay elsewhere if we had to pay, as there's not much else in the area other than the casino. Very close to downtown though and easy to get to from the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 15, 2012

Very nice quiet stay in the Las Vegas Tower. We were in an end room with an exit stairwell across from our room. It seems the more a person stays at this hotel, it doesn't seem like such a terrific long walking distance to the casino. They do need more parking for the handicapped though. The casino definitely needs an updating. Had played at Ameristar earlier in the day & it was super clean with lots of newer slots. Harrahs hotel and hallways by lobby were very, very clean, but the casino needs help. Can't wait for another year so we can stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed here for 3 days for a wedding in town. I frequently go to Tunica and am always treated well there. The first night there we played slots a while and then the roulette wheel. I asked for two comp buffets and they gladly obliged. The next night we got back to the hotel late after the wedding. Played a while and asked for two comp meals at the grill and two ladies declined and said I don't play enough. I was shocked to say the least and cashed out and we went to our room. I don't think a couple free hamburgers is asking for much in return for losing a couple hundred dollars a day in the casino. Terrible casino customer service by those hateful ladies. Next time I'm in town I'll probably stay at Ameristar

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed February 27, 2012

The rooms are really nice and the staff is exceptionally terrific. We often get free rooms and play for comps for buffet dinners or breakfast. One of the things I like best about this place is that they make you feel like great about being there. You may not win a lot in the casino, but with the comps and perks, you really don't mind. We stop here at least once a year, sometimes twice.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 21, 2012

If you don't read any further just know this casino/hotel is not worth $250/night. If you are a paying customer with no real Harrah's Rewards points, GO DOWN THE STREET AND STAY AT AMERISTAR (GORGEOUS AND HUGE). OK. There is a significant difference between the newer Las Vegas tower and the old Atlantic City tower. I called to make my reservation. I booked the Las Vegas tower at a premium rate of $250. I specifically wanted the premium tower and the premium room, and paid a premium price. Upon booking I had the agent re confirm that my reservation locked me into the room I reserved. Upon arrival, they said the Las Vegas tower had no more availability and placed me into the Atlantic City tower. (old, dump, roach motel) The reason I got was something like this: It's the City's fault. "The city makes us have an equal number of smoking and non smoking rooms. Rooms are booked on a 1st come 1st serve basis." Naturally most people want a non smoking room. The only non smoking available was the older tower. The major problem was the little girl at the front with ZERO customer service didn't discount the rate accordingly. I paid $250/night to stay in a room that is FREE for me in Tunica, free in Vegas, and free in New Orleans. Those Atlantic Tower rooms are not even worth $99/night!!!! Now other than that the complex is very nice. There is a little hallway connecting the gaming floor to the hotel lobby. If you've ever been to Vegas this is a non issue. The casino is close, people! The old people who complain about the walk just need to find a casino hotel where the elevator spits them out on the floor directly. The dining was phenomenal. Saturday night crab legs were delicious at the buffet. Big crabs. Peeled fantastic. The steakhouse was PHENOMENAL. I suggest the couple split the bone in ribeye. The prices on food are very reasonable. We enjoyed ourselves on this trip. The room was a nightmare. But the casino was clean. There are plenty of options to eat. The $4.50 Corona is absolutely ridiculous if you are spending money in their casino. I honestly would return to this complex if I knew I would be getting the Las Vegas tower. Rest assured: even if you get a confirmation from off site reservations, the on site front desk people give you excuses. Oh yeah, if you are not a big total rewards member, the Ameristar Casino down the road is Gorgeous (painted cloud ceiling, fountains, ala Vegas) and the casino is twice as big. Plus the Ameristar looked a lot more kid friendly

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AndrewRogers_AR
Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I made a last minute trip to Kansas City. We found this room for $39.50. We thought "Oh Boy, what will we find?!" but it was a wonderful time. The hotel and casino were very nice. Our room was exceptionally clean,and comfortable, as was the entire hotel and casino. We played some slots, had a nice dinner at the Sports Bar in the hotel, played some more slots and had a wonderful night's sleep. A very nice time! I somehow got out of the house without toothpaste, and went down to the front desk. They gave me a toothbrush, toothpaste, and mouthwash :o)

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank blackdogmom
Reviewed February 20, 2012

I stayed at Harrah's for 1 night having a meeting in Kansas City, coming from the UK I didn't see the significance of a 'casino hotel' as strangely gambling is so limited in the US - yet buying a weapon, driving at a younger age to Europe is all easier.

Anyway back to the hotel review, the staff were super friendly - which goes with the area of the US. Smoking is allowed inside the building - so in a brief 5 minute tour of the gambling floors you quickly take on the 'nice' aroma of various tobacco products.

The room was basic, with a huge CRT TV dominating the room, with a clean bathroom which had a ¾ length bath, and average water pressure shower.

The $10 charge for WiFi in your room is extortionate - and really should either be free (with limited bandwidth) or a much more reasonable charge, the WiFi charge on an aeroplane is only a little more!!

The hotel's a little out of the way, but within 15 minutes drive you could be eating BBQ (Grilled) food at Oklahoma Joe’s…..if you’ve time go, if you haven’t got time, make some.

If you just need a basic, reasonably priced hotel to get some rest and a shower then you're set.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Downtown Financial District
The Westin Crown Center
The Westin Crown Center
#5 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!