“harrahs at its best”

GreenLeadersBronze level
ohio
“harrahs at its best”
Reviewed April 4, 2011

before i go into the real reason for writing this review let me say that harrahs kansas city is a nice short stay although seems to be secluded from activity a gem and jewel in the crown is a harrahs employee by the name of ISIAH remember the name, coming out of the airport terminal time gentleman welcomed the entire group as if we were is own family coming for a visit he captivated us all instantly as we traveled towards the casino he mentioned the tour of kansas from which i later found out is his brainchild that was going to be on saturday well since isiah is so impressive we found out the tour was full so no reason to worry he added a second bus and for the entire day this man moved to shuttle buses throughout various impressive site in kansas allowing each and every tourist to stay as long as they wished some of the stops included the negro league baseball museum, the jazz museum, union square and last but not least the exquisite princess diana exhibit which i think will be in kansas through june 12th this was one of the most beautiful and impressive things i have ever seen and without isiah i would not have been granted this rare opportunity i could go on and on but i will end by saying go to harrahs enjoy wonderful foods, good slot pay and immediately ask upon arrival where's isiah

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 09beasley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (590)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed March 22, 2011

We stay at this hotel a few times a year (this particular time it was for the Big 12 Basketball Tournament), but only when we have Harrah's rewards credit to apply towards our bill, because it's a little out of our typical travel budget. But I consider myself to be pretty picky about hotel's and their ammenities, and this is one of my favorite places to stay. The rooms are always clean, any housekeeping staff we see in the hallway are always pleasant and professional, and we've never had an issue with service.

We wish they had a pool for our kids, but we realize that it's probably not a hotel that most families with smaller children stay, so it's understandable. A fitness room would also be nice, as would free high speed internet, but all in all, we love staying at this hotel and have no real complaints!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is a very nice hotel, a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. The staff was very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
KC Missouri
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Harrahs in NKC and have had mostly great experiences. I have many preferences and they try to accomadate each one. I prefer the Las Vegas rooms because the ethernet is more secure than wi-fi and usually business is involved.
The Atlantic City rooms are dated but clean and the front desk and housekeepers are the friendliest people.
Enjoy the buffet is good but the grill by the casino is seriously lacking in taste. Also, the room service menu is useless.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank whoas
Charlotte,NC
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We were celebrating our anniversary. At check in we were upgraded to an incredible suite in the Las Vegas Tower. Kudos to Laura at the check in desk!!! She was very friendly, funny and had a great personality. She seems to really love dealing with people and is a great ambassador for Harrah's.
Dinner in the Steakhouse was outstanding (Had the Prime Rib!) Salad Bar was great as well. Drink service in the casino was good. EVERY employee I made eye contact had a smile on their face and was friendly.
Didn't win very much but this was a great value for my money! If I'm back in Kansas City I will definately return. I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Minnesota
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed at Harrah's North Kansas City November 25 to 28. I must say it was much better than myself or wife expected. It is conveniently located just off I435 and hwy 210 easy to find. Check in was quick and we were upgraded to a Premier room from a deluxe room at no extra charge, upon asking if there were upgrades available. First the room. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower, large tub and a private comode area. It was well stocked with all the amenaties including coffee and coffee maker. The sleeping area was decorated with a valance over the bed with recessed lighting which was great for reading. The rest of the room was standard. Our room had 2 double beds and it seemed to me they were short. I am only 5'11", but my feet hung off the end if I laid straight on it. I don't recommend this option for couples who share the same bed.
The facility was awesome, clean and friendly staff where ever we went. It has a casino, night club, sports bar/restaraunt, coffee shop, buffet restaraunt, 24 hour restaraunt, steak house and an Italian restaraunt. We ate at the Sports bar on Thursday (Thanksgiving day) and had their special(we celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday at my Bro-in-laws place in KC). My wife, son and I ate the turkey dinner special and we were not impressed. The turkey had too much liquid smoke on it, the dressing was hard and dry. Service was excellent, staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. Being a sports bar there were about 25-30 tv's and NFL games were on. Our other food experiences were much better. The Buffet was one of the best I had ever had we ate brunch there Saturday and Sunday. At the 24 hour cafe I had a rueben sandwich for a late night dinner after some casino play and it was very good.
My wife and I enjoy casino's and found it to be much better than the ones in Minnesota where we live and better than the Harrah's at Council Bluffs. Except for sports betting and Keno you can find every game that you can get in Vegas. The staff there was amazing. From the dealers, to the pit boss to security, they welcomed you every time. Even a couple remembered my name from day to day and I didn't feel like I was at the tables long enough to have developed a relationship where they would have remebered ME by name The casino could do a better job of handling the smoke issue with a better air exchange. We noticed it in our clothes when we would get back to our room. Both my wife and I look forward to a return visit when we come and see her brother again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
western Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed two nights this week. This year we stayed in the Las Vegas Tower and it was
super good compared to AC tower we stayed in last year. Nice size room & the bathroom was very roomy. Very satisfied. If we ever get back to Kansas city again, we'll
be sure to stay there & definitely request the LV Tower. The breakfast buffet was also very good, all help seemed to want to please.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Hampton Inn Kansas City/Downtown Financial District
816 Hotel
816 Hotel
#23 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!