“Nice Hotel”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Kansas City, Missouri
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed March 17, 2011

This is a very nice hotel, a bit expensive, but you get what you pay for. The staff was very nice and accomodating.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (617)
KC Missouri
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have stayed at the Harrahs in NKC and have had mostly great experiences. I have many preferences and they try to accomadate each one. I prefer the Las Vegas rooms because the ethernet is more secure than wi-fi and usually business is involved.
The Atlantic City rooms are dated but clean and the front desk and housekeepers are the friendliest people.
Enjoy the buffet is good but the grill by the casino is seriously lacking in taste. Also, the room service menu is useless.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank whoas
Charlotte,NC
Reviewed January 20, 2011

We were celebrating our anniversary. At check in we were upgraded to an incredible suite in the Las Vegas Tower. Kudos to Laura at the check in desk!!! She was very friendly, funny and had a great personality. She seems to really love dealing with people and is a great ambassador for Harrah's.
Dinner in the Steakhouse was outstanding (Had the Prime Rib!) Salad Bar was great as well. Drink service in the casino was good. EVERY employee I made eye contact had a smile on their face and was friendly.
Didn't win very much but this was a great value for my money! If I'm back in Kansas City I will definately return. I highly recommend this place!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Minnesota
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We stayed at Harrah's North Kansas City November 25 to 28. I must say it was much better than myself or wife expected. It is conveniently located just off I435 and hwy 210 easy to find. Check in was quick and we were upgraded to a Premier room from a deluxe room at no extra charge, upon asking if there were upgrades available. First the room. The bathroom was huge with a walk in shower, large tub and a private comode area. It was well stocked with all the amenaties including coffee and coffee maker. The sleeping area was decorated with a valance over the bed with recessed lighting which was great for reading. The rest of the room was standard. Our room had 2 double beds and it seemed to me they were short. I am only 5'11", but my feet hung off the end if I laid straight on it. I don't recommend this option for couples who share the same bed.
The facility was awesome, clean and friendly staff where ever we went. It has a casino, night club, sports bar/restaraunt, coffee shop, buffet restaraunt, 24 hour restaraunt, steak house and an Italian restaraunt. We ate at the Sports bar on Thursday (Thanksgiving day) and had their special(we celebrated Thanksgiving on Friday at my Bro-in-laws place in KC). My wife, son and I ate the turkey dinner special and we were not impressed. The turkey had too much liquid smoke on it, the dressing was hard and dry. Service was excellent, staff was friendly and the atmosphere was great. Being a sports bar there were about 25-30 tv's and NFL games were on. Our other food experiences were much better. The Buffet was one of the best I had ever had we ate brunch there Saturday and Sunday. At the 24 hour cafe I had a rueben sandwich for a late night dinner after some casino play and it was very good.
My wife and I enjoy casino's and found it to be much better than the ones in Minnesota where we live and better than the Harrah's at Council Bluffs. Except for sports betting and Keno you can find every game that you can get in Vegas. The staff there was amazing. From the dealers, to the pit boss to security, they welcomed you every time. Even a couple remembered my name from day to day and I didn't feel like I was at the tables long enough to have developed a relationship where they would have remebered ME by name The casino could do a better job of handling the smoke issue with a better air exchange. We noticed it in our clothes when we would get back to our room. Both my wife and I look forward to a return visit when we come and see her brother again.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
western Iowa
Reviewed November 14, 2010

Stayed two nights this week. This year we stayed in the Las Vegas Tower and it was
super good compared to AC tower we stayed in last year. Nice size room & the bathroom was very roomy. Very satisfied. If we ever get back to Kansas city again, we'll
be sure to stay there & definitely request the LV Tower. The breakfast buffet was also very good, all help seemed to want to please.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
California
Reviewed November 12, 2010

I stayed at Harrah's North Kansas City for 2 nights, October 7th & October 10th.
The hotel was fine. I've stayed at other Harrahs properties in Lake Tahoe & Las Vegas and this is an average middle of the road hotel. The rooms I had were clean but a little dated. The beds were comfortable but the hallways were a little noisy. Both nights I stayed there I was woken up in the middle of the night, once by an older man who looked a little tipsy and couldn't remember what room was his so he was trying a few in the area. I felt bad for him but it was a little frustrating. The 2nd night the people across the hall from me were fighting and one locked the other out of the room and they were screaming at each other. It didn't last long so I'm sure the hotel staff took care of it in a timely fashion. I also realize that a few people being inconsiderate late at night, do not reflect on the hotel itself.
The rooms had single cup coffee makers which were nice.
One night we went to the buffet and it was very average at best. It wasn't bad, it just didn't have a lot of good options in my opinion. The other night we ate at the sports restaurant and it was very good.
The casino is nice, lots of options of games to play, the bartenders at the bar were very nice but I never once was approached by a cocktail waitress while gambling in 2 nights. That was a little disappointing. The nice thing in this casino is that they have a self serve drink area with sodas and coffee you could go get any time you wanted for free. The location to the Kansas City Airport is great. There are hotels closer but the 15 or 20 minute drive and being able to stay at Harrahs on comps works out great for me. Also, the guy who was running valet/bell desk was very helpful on the morning we left, writing out specific instructions to the airport since the way we normally take had road construction.
I will being staying at this Harrahs again because it was perfectly fine and comfortable. It's not a luxury hotel but if you go knowing that, it's perfect.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled solo
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 23, 2010

This room was very nice. It had all the normal things you would expect. Our only complaint was that it was so smokey that when we left our close reeked of smoke.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel

Been to Harrah's North Kansas City? Share your experiences!