“Vary happy:)”

Econo Lodge
Muskegon, Michigan
“Vary happy:)”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

the rooms are very nice and very clean and the staff was very professional. I Would definitely go back. also it is located in a verygood quiet area. It was very relaxthis is the first hotel that I stayed at that I felt like I was home.

• Stayed October 2013
hbhakta, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share thoughts and kind words about our hotel and staff. We hope to serve you and your family the next time you are in town.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I used Hotwire and ended up with this "gem" of a place. I was very scared after reading other reviews, but unfortunately was stuck with this hotel. Note, Hotwire lists this as a 2 star hotel and Priceline lists it as a 1 star hotel. Definitely 1 star at best, in my book.

When we arrived, the lady at the front desk was very polite and warm. It did not smell like other reviewers have noted, and I have a very sensitive nose. Since I got the room on Hotwire it was already paid for, but the lady said something about paying with my MasterCard, when I'd actually used Discover to purchase the room. Not sure what this means, if anything, but a little coincidental to the issues other reviewers noted about making a reservation and then not having a reserveration but the hotel had their credit card info. We stayed in room 212. I was shocked by how small the rooms are. By far the smallest hotel room I've ever stayed in, and I've stayed in quite a few over the last several years. That said, we were hardly in our room so it was okay for just one night - but it was hard for the two of us to maneuver around the room because it was so tiny. The bathroom was also tiny with very very little counter space. I was surprised that the bathroom did appear to be recently recently re-done. The shower had newer tiles and there was a curved shower rod. Now, the caulking around the edge of the tiles was sloppily done but overall it looked better than I expected. The bathroom sink was missing the piece in the faucet so the water went all over the place when you turned it on. Also there was nothing to prevent things from falling down the drain. The room did seem to be fairly clean which was what I was concerned about prior to our arrival after reading other reviews, and I didn't see any bugs. The room had laminent flooring rather than carpet which was somewhat odd, but I'd certainly prefer this over dirty carpet. If you end up here, I'd recommend bringing your own blanket - there was only a sheet and the scratchy comforter which I try not to use. The sheets are among some of the worst - very thin.

Parking does seem to be an issue at least on a Saturday night. We got back to the room around 1 AM and there was not one parking space available. There was a truck and trailer that took up about 4-5 spaces, but I suspect those would have been taken too by this time. We ended up parking next door at the La Quinta, which wasn't a problem and they had tons of spots available, but I was worried about the car getting towed. I mentioned it to the guy at the front desk and his solution was to park in one of the handicapped spots because they wouldn't tow or ticket us. I did not think that was a good idea so we left the car next door. I'm not sure what he could have done for us, but I suspect this isn't the first time they've had this problem and he certainly didn't give any piece of mind that the car would be okay next door.

I've stayed at other, much nicer hotels for around the same price and if it wasn't for Hotwire we wouldn't have stayed here. Even $56 was a little high for this property. For those looking for just a place to sleep for a cheap price, this may work for you. Not a place I will return to, however!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank vaca135339
hbhakta, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to write about our property. I'm sorry that you had reserved one of our smaller rooms. We currently have 12 of these single queen size rooms that are geared towards budget conscious travelers that would like to rest their head for the night and continue their travels in the morning. The next time you are in town I would recommend booking our King or Double Queen rooms, they are nearly twice as large as these single queen rooms and are only $5-10 more depending on the night. Also, since you had reserved your room through hotwire the front desk agent was asking for your card to cover any incidental that you may incur during your stay. Also when we are at capacity, such as the weekend your stayed, and have a few trucks or trailers that don't park in the appropriate areas our parking does get a bit tight. I am glad that you noticed our bathroom renovations. We recently replaced all 90 tubs, installed the new tile tub surrounds, and replaced all of the fixtures. I will also extend your kind words regarding our cleanliness to our housekeeping staff. Please keep us in mind when you are in town next time and remember the king or double queens will give my much more space to maneuver.

Travelers are raving about these North Kansas City hotels

Reviewed July 22, 2013

The overall property is very good. Room was spacious and beds were comfortable. Entrances are convenient and parking is great. HOWEVER, if you have any respiratory issues or are sensitive to the smell of smoke then this property is not for you. Our room was in a wing of the first floor that appeared to be non-smoking, Unfortunately, the entire property smells like stale cigarette smoke.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
West Unity, Ohio, United States
Reviewed July 1, 2013

My friend and I travel to KC once a year to attend a conference. We have stayed at this motel for 2 yrs. with very few problems. This year my friend made reservations 4 months prior to our arrrival and was assured our same room as the last 2 yrs. and since we were staying a whole week a reduced weekly rate. Upon arriving at the motel, we found we had NO reservations although they had my friends credit card number( can't figure that one out - scarey). They did not have one single room with the accommodations we had asked for. At 7:00 at night we were forced to try to find another motel. I would not recommend this motel to any traveler that needs to make motel reservations in advance.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tina B
Archbold
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed here for two years and never had a problem. I called early March and made reservations for Rm 135 for a week. Gave them my credit card and they said everything is set. OK. Upon arrival on June 20th we were told that we had no reservation. They only had two rooms non smoking and on the second floor. That was unacceptable. Besides that I was told a WEEKLY RATE and then they wanted to up the price. The man at the desk ran a paper for me to sign saying I accept the room and the increase in rm rates, WITH MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER. If I had no reservation how then did they have my CC #. I told them they could stick it and we went to Harrahs for the same price. We were treated with respect and they did everything they could to accommodate us. Unlike this place. I will not ever stay there again and would invite nobody to stay they. I think they are shady people.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Kay S
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed May 30, 2013

My family and I came down to Kansas City for Rock Fest with a group of friends. We had a block of rooms and even though we got to the hotel before check in time the lady at the front desk was so kind enough to check us in. At the moment our room was not ready, however she right away got it ready for us in less than 10 minutes. Overall, our stay was amazingly GREAT. Hotel staff was extemeley nice and the rooms were very well clean and organized. Breakfast was yummy. I loved the fact they had a waffle maker.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Wichita, Kansas
Reviewed May 21, 2013

This was one of the worst hotels I have EVER stayed in! We were given what felt like a converted broom closet and about the only good thing I can say is we slept well and the staff was nice. The sink had been broken and glued back together. The hair dryer showed electrical damage. There was no carpet, refrigerator or microwave. When walking in there were signs of neglect. I can guarantee I won't stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Ramada Kansas City
Ramada Kansas City
#71 of 108 in Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!