“The Good and the Bad” 2 of 5 bubbles

Econo Lodge
dallas
“The Good and the Bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2011

First the Good: The base price for this huge suite was very good. There were two sofas in the vinyl floored area and the best area was carpeted. The staff was friendly most of the time and seemed helpful. We were next to an elevator but it was quiet at night except for garbage trucks and the train whistle. The heater/air conditioner was very nice and efficient.

Now the Bad: The room had water damage stains, dirt stains and marks on the wall, and an over all appearance of dingy and old. There was a sink and refrigerator in the "kitchen" but no soap or towels. The sofas were frayed and worn badly.

But the worst part to me was concerning our two 8 pound dogs. We were charged $10 per day per dog and we stayed three nights. Most hotels will charge a flat rate for dogs.

Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank havanesemom

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2011

First, the clerk was nice but we ordered a non smoking room. It our room was right next to the smoking rooms so that defeated the purpose. I liked te room it was small but liked the flat screen tv and hardwood floors. Very clean. At night didn't sleep well at all on account of the ac making a ticking noise every hour and it dried us out. Then we could hear every lil sound. Like a man talked on the phone and j heard the whole conversation. Outside our wall sounded like someone was fixing something that took forever n the morning time. Then when someone flushed a toilet it sounded like it was flooding in our room. Plus it showed tons of wifis but none worked. Tried to connect and said we were on it but my bf went over on his phone data plan so obviously it didn't work. Nice service. It was too loud

• Stayed January 2011
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Cha1Cha55
Kearney, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

32 family & friends went to Kansas City to goto Worlds of Fun. The staff was very friendly and helpful with all of our needs. It is a short drive to worlds of fun. Well worth the price for this motel I will stay here again next trip to K.C. also close to gambling boats if you want to do that.

• Stayed October 2010
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
hbhakta, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, November 5, 2010
The staff and I appreciate the kind words. Thank you for choosing us for your family event. We look forward to hosting your next function in Kansas City.
Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2010

We were in Kansas City over Labor Day weekend for a family reunion, during which our son's great grandmother gave him a priceless and irreplaceable arrowhead from rural Missouri. Unfortunately, upon entering the hotel elevator at the end of the day, he accidentally dropped the arrowhead down the narrow open crevice on the floor and at the door of the elevator. Much to our relief, the hotel general manager, Hiral Bhakta, was able to find the arrow head by going into the elevator shaft while the elevator was being held on the second floor. We are very thankful for Mr. Bhakta's conscientious search, and for the assistance of Ashley, who was also on duty at the time.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
hbhakta, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, September 7, 2010
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad that we were able to find that arrowhead before your departure and the kind words you said about our staff. We hope to see you back soon!
Tuskegee, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

i really enjoyed my stay at this hotel.from the moment i walked through the doors, i was greeted with a smile by a lovely desk clerk. the service was great and the rooms were clean and cozy. i would suggest this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2010

I would recomend staying at this hotel. my stay was very relaxing and I slept great on the bed. I was very pleased with the costomer service. when I checked in tha lady at the front desk already had my paperwork and my keys waiting for me when I arrived which made a speedy process so I was able to go right to my room and relax. I also enjoyed the breakfast because of the waffle maker. I also like that it is located about 7 minutes from worlds of fun and the casino's. The staff was very helpful and the room was spic and span. over all I enjoyed my stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2010

this hotel is drastically better than befor it was renovated. The rooms are very nice for a reasonable rate. The staff was very friendly and went that extra mile to assure that my stay was as comfortable as could be expected. I will return to this location my next trip.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn & Suites near Worlds of Fun
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#58 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!