“Not A Tourist Trap”

American Inn
Hutchins, Texas, United States
“Not A Tourist Trap”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I found this little place thru the trucking company I work for. Loved the people who work here, they are friendly, helpful, and ICING ON THE CAKE.... They did NOT treat me like I was a second class citizen just because I was a trucker and not a tourist with a pocket full of cash. No this is not a 5 star hotel.. but it IS comfortable with a dinner that has a nice menu and a little lounge where someone can have a couple of drinks and relax after a long drive.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Mary,

Thank you so much for your review about our North Kansas City American Inn! I am so happy that you feel the way you do ! We all try to make our guests feel welcomed each and every time you stay with us.
Our Truckers and Engineers all feel like we are their "Home Away From Home". What would our Country do without the services you all give to us! We respect our guests and want to provide you all with a safe and comfortable place to rest.
Thank you for the compliment about our wonderful little Spirits Restaurant! It is the best kept secret in town!
Let me say "THANK YOU" from our entire Staff, a great Team of dedicated people!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
North Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 28, 2013

The staff was good. Bianca was very friendly and very helpful. The maid service was excellent. I live their never had know problem. The Restaurant is a good place to eat. The waitress are very good to their customers. I will recommend to my friend's to stay here.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Frederick,

Thank you for your great review and compliments to Bianca at our Front Desk and also to our Housekeeping Staff. I know they appreciate being recognized for their incredible service to our guests! Our Spirits Restaurant employees are grateful as well and are happy to know you have told your friends about us too!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing
Kansas City
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I checked in during NASCAR weekend. They had rooms available, clean, great price and the front desk staff were so friendly! Treated us like family. Overall we had a great Experience as always and we will continute to stay at this hotel. We recommend trying that little restaurant connected to the hotel. Great food and same friendly staff! Very happy!

• Stayed April 2013
Dear BIZMAN...

Thank you so much for your very kind words and awesome review! We really appreciate your comments and the time you spent to give them! I know you have stayed with us before and keep coming back...this is what we love to see is the repeat business from our committed guests!
I hope you made your reservations for the October 2013 NASCAR race while you were here!

Thank you again and we hope to see you soon!

Carol M Director of Sales and Marketing
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
Reviewed April 16, 2013

i had my wedding reception here and was 100% satisfied!! everything was perfect! the staff was very helpful and friendly. the room was very spacious and all neutral colors that would go with any theme. Very very reasonable .Also they have catering that is very good or you can bring your own caterer. i would and have recomended this place to everyone.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Dear Crystal,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review! I know the entire Staff has a smile on their face from reading your comments! We have such a great team and we all try to make our Banquets, Meetings and Catering go as perfect as possible! Reading your review proves that point completely!
We all wish you both the best for your new life together!

Canon City, Colorado
Reviewed April 9, 2013

A place for truckers and long term workers. Rooms are not bad, but only maintained, not very well updated. Showing age. Sheets for matress covers. Comfortable and serves purpose, but not much more. Good location for highway and food.
For me it works. If I was traveling with family, I would probably look elsewhere first.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for us. I appreciate your comments and hope we can have you back as our guest again when you have a lodging need. We are constantly taking comments and striving to improve in any area that we feel will make a difference. So thank you for mentioning the "not so good" as well as the good! Yes we do have a fabulous Restaurant with plenty of great home cooking! I hope you will join us again!
Please bring the family, I promise you will have a great stay with us!

Crown Point, Indiana
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I have enjoyed my 6 months coming to KC. Hopefully next fall KC will be my run.
Thank you to everyone for making my stays so pleasant. My stay was from Oct 2012
until April. I have enjoyed having the restaurant so handy. The staff was always so
pleasant.

Charles B

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Charles,

Thank you so much for your very kind review! We appreciate your comments and hope to see you back here with us in the fall.
Our Staff try very hard to make our guests feel that we are their "Home Away From Home"!
I want to say how grateful we all feel when we read letters from our guests that mention such good things about us! Again...Thank you!

Belton, Missouri
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I checked in back in February 2013 due to the bad weather. I had to stay somewhere close to my job so I could make it to work. The desk staff was so friendly and caring. I got a single room with free cable and wifi for 65 bucks!! Every other hotel was over 100 bucks and or sold out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on a budget!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this review, March 29, 2013
Debi,

We are so glad to hear how we could help you at your time of need! I appreciate your review of how great our staff treated you, they are a wonderful Team!
American Inn Hotels are family owned and operated for over 30 years and have gone through the hard times and still try to maintain affordability no matter what! It means so much to hear comments of gratitude...Thank you for taking the time to be considerate and thoughtful!

Also consider these accommodations in or near North Kansas City
#50 of 109 in Kansas City
816 Hotel
816 Hotel
#23 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!