“Good value!”
Review of American Inn

American Inn
Reviewed March 26, 2013

I checked in back in February 2013 due to the bad weather. I had to stay somewhere close to my job so I could make it to work. The desk staff was so friendly and caring. I got a single room with free cable and wifi for 65 bucks!! Every other hotel was over 100 bucks and or sold out. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling on a budget!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Debi,

We are so glad to hear how we could help you at your time of need! I appreciate your review of how great our staff treated you, they are a wonderful Team!
American Inn Hotels are family owned and operated for over 30 years and have gone through the hard times and still try to maintain affordability no matter what! It means so much to hear comments of gratitude...Thank you for taking the time to be considerate and thoughtful!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We have stayed here lots of times and its always a great experience. The staff is so friendly and nice. Our room was clean and fresh. (didnt have that "motel" feel) They even have a bar and restaurant on site! NO other hotel offered that for their price.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Anita,

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the time you spent in sharing your feelings about our
American Inn Hotel in North Kansas City.
We continually strive to make all six of our hotels feel like your "Home Away From Home" when you stay with us.
We are American owned and operated out of Kansas City , Missouri. We realize how important an affordable , clean and safe environment is to all of us!
Your comments are so important and we hope you continue to make us your hotel of choice for your lodging needs!

Reviewed February 18, 2013

I have been to this hotel before and was pleased to see all the imporvements made. The lobby was clean and front desk staff were super friendly. Overall I had a great vacation and was very pleased with the service provide. No issues for me :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you so much for your review! We appreciate our guests and value your comments. I am so happy that you mentioned our improvements and hopefully you will continue to spend many more vacations with us!
I hope you had a chance to enjoy the home cooked meals in our wonderful Spirits Restaurant and possibly a visit to our Alibi Lounge!
Again, thank you so much for your kindness!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

I checked in on 7-06-12 and got great service. I knew I was at a budget friendly place. The rooms for sure need upgrading. No irons available to use, no elevator and no free breakfast! The front desk staff were very nice and attentive. Also had a great time in their bar.

• Stayed: July 2012
Carol M, Director of Sales at American Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

I would like to thank you for your review and for being our guest at American Inn North Kansas City. We have made changes and have irons and boards for our guest upon their request.
We also offer a hot breakfast at our Spirits Restaurant with our breakfast coupon for only $4.95 or many other items on our new menu.
I am glad you enjoyed our Alibi Lounge and hope you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed June 30, 2012

We stayed here two years ago and it was a nice hotel. The room we had was nice and relatively close to the main desk, and the internet worked. This time around we were all the way in the back of the hotel. The internet doesn't work. Called the front desk they said they would reset it. I left for the afternoon and came back called them again and then I was told they were trying to get internet to the back of the hotel but for some reason it would not reach to the back of the hotel. WTH? I paid almost $300 for a week here for free wi-fi. Our tub was dirty and had hair on the side of it. The next day after our first night the maid (a older man) knocked on the door, I was in the middle of changing clothes, and without waiting for a response walks into our room even after I said "Just a min." is this seriously how they allow their staff to treat their guests. I could have paid the same money and stayed at the red roof inn and had internet. I could care less about the pool. Now it is different and I don't get it and NO refunds? This hotel is CRAP!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ldy12

Thank You for your review as we need to know how our guests are treated and want to strive to improve with each and every comment!

First, please accept my apology for the internet service. We have aquired a new system with high speed wireless service and have no compalints anywhere on the property!
Second, I am sorry the housekeeping staff came through your door. We always knock and call out before we enter to clean your room and unfortunately he did not hear you.

Any time our guests have problems we welcome a call to our front desk staff to handle the situation. I know you were not happy and I hope you will give us another chance. I am sure your stay will be incredibly better!

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Got a room for the week for $266.00 on 5-24-12 around 3am. I stayed two nights and didnt need to stay for the remaining 5days due to job related issues so I ask for the remaining amount since I had to leave. They told me to sign this form in order for them to send me my money and she said it would come in a check within 7days. They said corporate should call me within that time. Ok so a week goes by and i go in to tell them I didn't recieve my money and that the check should be there within 7 days which is 14days so they took my name and number. I had also called again on day 14 and they took my name and number again so i went up there and they took it again and the so called manager, supervisor or whoever he was(Adam) ask my name and went and showed me the paper i signed about the amount i payed and he was like ok they should be calling me. 6-15-12 Today I got a message from corporate and the say I was denied on receiving my money. Why? So I called the front desk and ask them how was I denied and I was on my way up there. On the phone he said there was a sign saying no refunds and I didnt see a sign anywhere. I got there and took pics showing there wasn't any signs and why didn't they tell me the morning I left. But all of a sudden a guy that was in line got two rooms for the night but she told him it was non-refundable before he gave her the cash. I said is it bc I'm black and I could have sworn I heard Adam say (yeah) in a low voice so I asked him what u say and to repeat it. He went and showed me a paper that I know I didn't sign but it had my signature on it. It was a copy. I pushed it back like it looked bogus and I wanted to see my original copy but he said no but shows me someone else's original copy which is suppose to be confidential. I didnt ask to see they paper, i was denied in seeing mine then a guy came from the back and had me escorted. Fox 4 Problem Solvers will be notified monday morning... I was so hospitable whn i gave them my money but i spent over 200 dollars so i need that money to survive. i stay way out south and have to spend money i dont have to get money i should have gotten before. It's my money and I need it now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Keep going if u want good service.