“It's my money and I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
Review of American Inn

American Inn
Reviewed June 15, 2012

Got a room for the week for $266.00 on 5-24-12 around 3am. I stayed two nights and didnt need to stay for the remaining 5days due to job related issues so I ask for the remaining amount since I had to leave. They told me to sign this form in order for them to send me my money and she said it would come in a check within 7days. They said corporate should call me within that time. Ok so a week goes by and i go in to tell them I didn't recieve my money and that the check should be there within 7 days which is 14days so they took my name and number. I had also called again on day 14 and they took my name and number again so i went up there and they took it again and the so called manager, supervisor or whoever he was(Adam) ask my name and went and showed me the paper i signed about the amount i payed and he was like ok they should be calling me. 6-15-12 Today I got a message from corporate and the say I was denied on receiving my money. Why? So I called the front desk and ask them how was I denied and I was on my way up there. On the phone he said there was a sign saying no refunds and I didnt see a sign anywhere. I got there and took pics showing there wasn't any signs and why didn't they tell me the morning I left. But all of a sudden a guy that was in line got two rooms for the night but she told him it was non-refundable before he gave her the cash. I said is it bc I'm black and I could have sworn I heard Adam say (yeah) in a low voice so I asked him what u say and to repeat it. He went and showed me a paper that I know I didn't sign but it had my signature on it. It was a copy. I pushed it back like it looked bogus and I wanted to see my original copy but he said no but shows me someone else's original copy which is suppose to be confidential. I didnt ask to see they paper, i was denied in seeing mine then a guy came from the back and had me escorted. Fox 4 Problem Solvers will be notified monday morning... I was so hospitable whn i gave them my money but i spent over 200 dollars so i need that money to survive. i stay way out south and have to spend money i dont have to get money i should have gotten before. It's my money and I need it now!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Keep going if u want good service.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank CALLINGFOX4

Reviewed April 1, 2012

Stayed here one night. Room stunk off smoke and unwashed clothes. Cigarette burns on everything, furniture looked like it came from a garage sale, TV remote volume and channel buttons didn't work. Had to type in each individual channel, half of the channels listed did not work. No alarm clock, half a roll of toilet paper in bathroom with additional rolls, have to give them your I.D. to use a ironing board and iron, then you have to walk or drive all the way to the front desk to get items, they do not bring them to your room. The front desk area was modeled and clean, but anything past that was like entering a horror movie. Then they do not have comment cards, they have incident reports... Wow!

• Stayed: March 2012
1  Thank rforck1
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This is my fifth year to stay here during the Midwest All-truck Nationals. The motel is under new management. We arrived a 3:45 Thursday and were told it's shift change and we couldn't check in for 20 minutes. It turned out to be 45 minutes.
The wifi in the room was not working. The desk clerk acted surprised and said she'd re-set it. Still no internet. Night clerk told same story, 'I'll re-set it'. Same with the day clerk Friday. Finally on Saturday a clerk told the truth, there is no internet service. They are changing providers. Why couldn't they have told me that Thursday instead of lying?
Members in our group had 12 rooms rented. We like to sit in the patio area and visit Saturday night after the truck show. This year there were speakers for the jukebox in the bar on the patio. There was obnoxious music blaring so loud it was hard to visit. I asked the bartender to turn off the outside speakers and she lied that she would. She didn't. Two other people asked her to turn them off. She lied to them also.
I don't intend to stay there next year.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Charlie H
Reviewed January 1, 2011

Have stayed at Council Bluffs,Ia numberous times with no trouble. We pulled in at about 1AM,checked in and ask about rooms (clean) and such ,person on duty assured us they were. Room was supposed to be nonsmoking,cigarette burns on sheets and bedspread,dead bugs in the bath room,requested another room. Was not much better but no bugs,both rooms looked like they had been cleaned about a month pryor and not been rented or touched up.This motel has changed to an extended stay and the -residents- made you uneasy especially every one setting in lawn chairs when you pulled in, made you feel like you were being cased out when you pulled in. I will pay a little more and enjoy a relaxing rest. Was work up at 5am to 2 fire trucks and an ambulance across at the next row of rooms, possible overdose. The daughter and her husbands room was about like our second room

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2009

Restaurant and Pub on site, Pool too. Rooms are okay for the cost and you can tell they have done some updating...but nothing major. Staff is friendly enough. Food is nothing to get excited about...more just normal to boring. Cleanliness of rooms is okay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank LandJnearKC
Reviewed April 2, 2009

the front desk area is brand new remodeled and the rooms are disgusting, they are old and dirty, and mismatched. the shower had either scalding or freezing temperatures that it switched to if anybody in the building turned on water. def hooker motel.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank geoffrey85
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Last Thursday night we stopped at this hotel trying to find just a nice, cheap place to sleep before continuing our trip. I booked a room, but was too tired to notice things that should have tipped me off that this was not a place for us. One was the sign (didn't see it on the way in) offering weekly rates, cheap. Another was the bar in the lobby. From the front, it looked ok; older, but the price reflected that and there was good lighting. Went around back to our room and things were completely different. 20-30 folks hanging around drinking, etc... Not only in the parking lot, but outside rooms on the various levels. Basically it is a residential hotel for workers. My wife was very uncomfortable, and since we had our vacation stuff in the car and I didn't want to unload everything, I went back around to request a refund.

I was pointed to a sign above the check-in window that said "no refunds", and was told there was nothing they could do. I'm sure VISA would like to know that their policy violates their terms of service, and if I can't get this credited, I'll be sure to let them know. I've called the office today (Monday) and hopefully I will get my money back.

Bottom line is, this is not a tourist motel, it is a residential motel.

Stayed: July 2008
3  Thank txan_in_tn
Also consider these accommodations in or near North Kansas City
Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown North
Econo Lodge Kansas City Downtown...
#2 of 4 in North Kansas City
#27 of 111 in Kansas City
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
Comfort Inn & Suites Downtown
#45 of 111 in Kansas City

Been to American Inn? Share your experiences!