“Beautiful and Great Experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bluff Dwellers Cavern

Bluff Dwellers Cavern
Ranked #1 of 8 things to do in Noel
More attraction details
Owner description: When you first arrive at Bluff Dwellers the view is amazing. You will notice Limestone walls and 35 steps you have to climb to get to the entrance of the cavern..that is the hardest part of the cave. As you go up the steps think about how all this limestone is a part if a landside that sealed this cavern off from man for more than 3000 years. Since 1925 it has been owned and operated by the same family and guaranteed you will be amazed by what is under this Bluff~ The tour underground takes around 45 min-1hr, well lit and guided. The Browning Museum is also included on the tour, a wonderful collection of mineral rocks,fossil rocks,artifacts and antiques.
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Beautiful and Great Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

WOW! My friend and I decided to take a little roadtrip to Noel from Tulsa, great idea. First I would I like to thank and praise our tour guide Mary Jane. She was so knowledgeable and very humorous. If she says "Now would you believe...", you know you are in for a fanciful treat. I am no rock or geology buff, but we started out in the Browning Museum and I am so glad we didn't skip it. It has amazing local history in there as well as rocks and specimans from all over the world. The tour of the cavern was aaaahhhmmmaazziinngg. The lighting was great and it was very neat to see and think about how this land formation was created. Mary Jane was great to point out details I would have otherwised looked over and she had all the right answers when we had questions. This was just a fabulous experience. Highly recommend.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Tiffany M

Springdale, Arkansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Interesting historical cave experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

BDC and museum were worth the trip. We had a (NWAdealpiggy.com) coupon and decided to scope out the cavern as a future outing for our 7 y/o grandson. Although we've lived just across the border in Arkansas for 20 years, we'd never heard of Bluff Dwellers. We had a private tour on a day with snow flurries: just my husband, the guide and myself. We thought we might have been the only guests, just a few days after Christmas, but our guide said she'd had others take the tour that day. I agree with Tanis' previous review about the cave being a great first time experience for young explorers. (This cave is tiny compared with Blanchard Springs, but it still has many of the formations, just much smaller scale.) Note: my husband and I are under six feet tall. Those who are taller may find themselves ducking quite a lot. It would be an awesome place to visit in the heat of summer, and if you check the cavern's website, it appears that they sometimes offer discount coupons. While this wasn't our first cave experience, we enjoyed seeing the cavern/museum and hearing the history of the place and the family who's owned it for 85 years..

Visited December 2012
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
“Best Cave Tour For Children's First Time Experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

Today we took the tour of the Bluff Dwellers Cavern! My eight yr old granddaughter was kind of nervous at first, this being her first tour. Within minutes of turning on the lights she was in awe! The tour guide Mary Jane kept us all laughing and was very informative and patient with all her questions! The cave animals were far and few that we could see but Mary Jane made sure to point them all out and this made for a more exciting tour for all of us! My granddaughter is now inspired to see more caverns! This is a must see cavern tour if your in the area or out scouting for a new adventure for the kids! Spook the cat was a great greeter during the wait for the tour to begin! Make sure you say hi to her! She loves the attention! Only 30 min. away from our home.. we will be back many times to see Mary Jane, Jennifer and Spook!

Visited November 2012
NEOLA
“Amazing Cave!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

My husband and I have been to numerous caves all over the Western part of the United States as well as the Midwest. This cave contained more formations than most of the ones that we had seen. Every cave has its own characteristics and beauty. This one had it all!!! The knowledge that the guide Jennifer had was phenomenal. The drive to the cave was also memorable to driving under cliffs of limestone. THIS CAVE IS DEFINITELY AT THE TOP OF THE LIST!!!!

Visited October 2012
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Bluff Dwellers Cavern=Very Cool!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Awesome side trip on the way home from Branson...the cliff lined, winding road and river views were awesome on their own...and the cave was a welcome relief from the 100 degree heat! Easy to walk thru...well lit and loads of information from our friendly guide...we had a group ages 7-41 and everyone loved it!