“Awesome all the way!”
Review of Bourbon Street Blues Cafe' - CLOSED

Bourbon Street Blues Cafe'
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Hours of operation are Monday-Closed Tues-Sat 11-2 and 4-8 Sunday 11-2
“Awesome all the way!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I was thrilled to see a Cajun place open in area and must say I was very impressed! The service was outstanding with the wait staff very helpful and knowledgable. I was amazed at how quickly food was prepared and you can see your food being prepared while you wait.
The portions were large, the smell of the cooking and atmosphere reminiscent of New Orleans. The food was outstanding. I had talked to several who had been here prior to my visit so this came highly recommended. If you have the desire to relive the New Orleans experience without traveling there- here's your place!

• Visited March 2014

“Great food for nixa area.”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

The food was great with large portions and plenty of spices. The service was fast but we were here during a slow time of the day.

Nixa, Missouri
“Great food, disappointing service.”
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I used to live in Louisiana, so I was really looking forward to trying out this place. However, it looks like the owners still have some kinks to work out. 1) The dining is "seat yourself", which is fine, so long as the servers all have a set area and pay attention to guests when they come in. We seated ourselves....then a few minutes later one of the owners brought us a menu to look at & said that the waitress would be with us in a bit...waited another 10 minutes...then overheard two of the waitresses discussing which of them should take our table vs. another table that had come in a little bit after us. I'm guessing that because we had menus already in front of us, they had assumed that we had already had our drink orders taken. Our server was friendly, and she took our drink & food order at the same time which I really appreciate because of the wait. 2) We went on a Friday night, & they have live music playing, so I'm guessing it's a little busier than usual, and maybe a little louder too, since she got one of our salad dressing requests wrong, and didn't bring us lemons even though we asked for them. Not a huge deal. But with the busyness, they were also a bit inconsistent on serving times/orders. I saw several tables that were getting their entrees before they were done with their salads---others finished with their salads & still had a long wait before getting entrees. Some tables got bread served with their salads, but we had to ask for it after our entrees had come. A table that came in after us got their food before us, but we got our check & had already paid before they got theirs. 3) Each table didn't have one set person taking care of it. I'm sure this was because they were a little busier with it being a Friday night and dinner rush, but still... one person gave us a menu, our server took our order/gave us refills/brought our salads/brought our check, another person brought our entrees, another person asked us if we had got our check & asked if we needed refills... While it's good that no one was being ignored, I saw it causing a lot of confusion at other tables. The table next to us got a wrong salad dressing, so one waitress went to take care of it...a different girl came back to the table and brought a couple salads, but they were still the wrong ones, then a young man came by & had the salad dressing that the first girl had gone after. I think if each server had a set area with a front house manager + busboy helping out throughout the restaurant as needed, it would flow more smoothly. 4) One of the owners walked by our table and asked how we were doing...but had already walked past before we even had a chance to answer. If you're not going to wait for an answer, don't ask. 5) My husband mentioned that he could see into the kitchen area and saw one of the cooks prepping salads, handling lettuce without gloves. 7) There is a $2 fee for splitting an entree. This isn't a big deal, because you get an extra salad & more rolls for that, but it's not written on the menu & the server didn't mention it. It's a perfectly reasonable cost, but it should really be listed somewhere. 8) This may be splitting hairs, but their Facebook page (or other social media site) should be updated to include their menu, hours, some photos, etc. I think they'd get a lot more attention if people could check out the menu in advance.

All that being said: The food we got was GREAT. We split a Louisiana sampler (red beans, etouffee, catfish, fried okra, Cajun fries) and it was a HUGE pile of food. The etouffee was perfect, just the right amount of spice. The fried okra were HUGE, the seasoning on the fries is awesome.... the red beans were a little soupy for my taste (I prefer creamy red beans), but the flavor was great. The fried rolls are SO good.

I want to go back & try the boudin & gumbo & jambalaya... but based on our first dine-in experience, I might just order it for take out.

2 Thank heywood417
La Follette, Tennessee
“Great Food”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

Great food! The etouffee is fantastic, catfish is delicious, and fried rolls are yummy! Everything I've gotten there is good.

Coffeyville, Kansas
“The best ”
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

I can't believe I have found such an amazing place to eat In Nixa MO. The service was fabulous and the food . . . Just the best. Drive a little or a lot, this little place is worth it!