“Its a tradition”

Cuisines: Diner, American
Columbia, Missouri
“Its a tradition”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I grew up 2 miles from this truck stop and it really is an instution. I love their food, even with new owners it is simply the best. Can't beat it.

Visited September 2012

O Fallon
“excellent sandwich”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I ate their pork tenderloin sandwich...Wow Huge for the price! more than enough to fill the stomach! Excellent !

• Visited August 2012
Springville
“Not bad...not great...”
Reviewed May 6, 2010

I had heard good things about Maggie's so we thought we'd give it a try for supper while we were in New Florence traveling. It was pretty good. I had a 3 cheese and mushroom omelet. I'd had better omelets...when I heard it was home cooking I thought the mushrooms would be fresh, but they were canned. It wasn't bad...just not as good as I expected. The omelet came with hasbrowns and toast. My Dad had a huge tenderloin that he loved. I'll put a picture of it on here. He said it was really good. My mom had a hot beef sandwich. She was a little disapointed. She said the mashed potatoes seemed fake and the gravy was pretty bland. My Great Aunt had a breakfast with 2 eggs, toast, and hashbrowns. She said she really liked hers.

Dessert...mom and I got pie. I got chocolate and she had coconut. The marange was piled higher than I've ever seen before. Again I'll add a picture!! It was the best part about the meal for me.

The prices were average and it had a truck stop type atmposphere. Nothing fancy, but it was clean. There is a salad bar option, but we didn't have it.

Overall...Maggie's was okay, but it wasn't the home cooked food I expected from reading other reviews on other websites. 1/2 of us really liked our food the other 1/2 was just okay with our food. Not bad...not great...I think it just all depends on what you order.