Nevada Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
71 Motel(Nevada)
View Hotel
C&H Motel(El Dorado Springs)
View Hotel
Azure Sky Motel(Fort Scott)
View Hotel
Fort Scott Inn(Fort Scott)
View Hotel
Sleep Inn & Suites(Fort Scott)
All reviewsbathroom fixturesstayed heretubmotelsinkbedswifi
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Well we have been going to Nevada Inn (formerly Ramseys) for the last several years, my husband is a former resident resident and was for years, we have always loved to stay at ramseys. Last year they changed hands and yes the rates went up very much and they started charging a pet deposit. That was still fine as we travel from New Mexico to visit family here. Well we were down Jan 3, 2013 to celebrate a late christmas with family in nevada and drove straight through from New Mexico, a 16 hour drive and my husband is disabled and we had reservations for the 3rd, well we arrived at 6am that morning and to our surprise the lady that was checking us in was so very rude that we were there so early and wanted to charge us another day for arriving at 6am, we were so tired and my husband was hurting so bad that we just agreed then she also asked if we had pets and we said yes, i thought i told her 2, but apparently she didnt hear me, so she wrote down one, well the quote on the internet which we saved, was 169.00 plus tax and when she told us it was going to be over 250.00 we questioned the rate and she said it was because of the other day and the 15.00 per day pet deposit, i said that we hadnt been charged that in the past it was always a one time charge and she became very loud and yelling at me and my husband and noticed that we had 2 little doggies in the truck and yelled that we lied to her, i told her i said 2 and even thought she wrote it down. she then said well it will be another 60.00 and was still yelling. we told her we would just leave and cancel our reservations, my husband was so upset and hurting that he was experiencing chest pains. she informed us she would be charging us a cancelation fee for not canceling in a 24 hour period. ok thats fine and we left. to our amazement today we checked our credit card and not only did nevada inn charge us a whole nights stay but an unauthouized 100.00 fee on top of that. we called and she said the owners told her to charge us that for interest. I have never been treated so badly at any motel that weve ever stayed in. To treat not only nevadians, but diabled persons and travelers, is just disgusting to me and we will never stay here again, very sad cause we always loved it here when it was ramseys. to all my fellow travelers, all good sams members and old nevadians, try another motel. Sincerely, Michelle Armstrong this will also be sent to nevada chamber of commerce, better business bureau and nevada daily mail.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Sandy S
Reviewed May 11, 2012

This property has changed hands in Sept 2011 and is now called Nevada Inn. The rates have been increased greatly, especially on the weekends. It is now on a par with the big box motels in town. My last stay I paid $44 a night, and this time it was $72 (ouch). The new owners are doing some upgrades with beds, tv, carpet etc, but now there are no coffee makers in the room, and it has lost a lot of its former charm. Because of the rate increases I am no longer recommending this motel as a great value, and I doubt I will stay there again.

Room Tip: If you plan to stay there be sure to call and make a reservation to get the best rate.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Dennis S
Reviewed December 18, 2011

my boyfriend and I stayed here for my birthday. i read some of the other reviews and decided to give this hotel a shot. we were so happy with the room and staff. the rooms are larger than most hotels and alot cleaner than most of the chain hotels we have stayed at. the bath room was huge with a double sink and a seperate tub and shower. we will definitely be using this hotel again as well as referring friends and family that come to visit us in nevada.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2011

I stayed here on a cross country trip on my motorcycle. I always try and stay at the small "Mom and Pop" places on the two lane roads. What a great find. The owners are the second generation, and are fantastic people. The room was huge with all the standard ammenities including fridge, microwave, coffeemaker etc. The bathrooms were spotless and all tile with seperate shower stall and tub. The price was very reasonable, and cheaper than the big box motels in the area. I always like the fact I can pull the bike right up to the door and unload instead of shlepping my stuff up and down stairs or elevators. You won't find a better place in Nevada for the money.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I spent a night here on business in April '10. The motel is a big courtyard style thing with a fantastic neon sign by the road. The family who owns it are friendly, and the rate was very reasonable for what I got. This place costs the same as a Super 8 (maybe less), but is a much better experience.

The room I was given was huge. The decor was pretty dated, but everything was clean. It seemed the wing my room was in was built around 1970. It came with all the standard features, phone, fridge, microwave, cable TV. The bathroom was one of the biggest and most interesting I've ever seen (Powder blue fixtures and tile with a separate room for the sinks). I loved the throwback atmosphere, especially since it was so well kept up. There is an outdoor pool, but it wasn't open yet when I stayed. I also appreciated their kindness in mailing me something that I forgot in my room.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business