Days Inn Mountain Grove
Royal Inn & Suites(Mountain Grove)
$64
$93
ComfortInn
$75
Ridge Crest Hotel(West Plains)
$60
Country Inn(Licking)
$45
Hotels.com
$63
Quality Inn(West Plains)
$85
Hotels.com
All reviewsmorning staffroom was cleannice breakfastwould stay here againpillows
Reviewed July 6, 2010

They do not give towels for swimming. I do not travel with them. Very poor breakfast. The third bedroom had no air. TV control would not work.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Vl1MP
Reviewed June 2, 2010

When we made our reservation, we specifically asked for non-smoking. As soon as we opened the door to the room, the smokey smell hit us. They were booked solid so we had no choice but to stay in the room. We "Febreezed" it as much as we could. Then we had asked for a fridge and only got it on the last day of our stay. One of our friends who had rented a king room downstairs found crumbs in their bed. Hey, at least we had some good laughs about it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank BarbBSt_Louis_MO
Reviewed May 18, 2010

OK hotel, not great. Decent value but there are not many alternatives in the area. Not too clean, not enough outlets in the room to accomodate the fridge & microwave they supply plus the iron & any other things you may bring with you. Very dirty chairs, badly stained & looked like they were never cleaned. As I said, ok but nothing I would recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010
1  Thank LynnQ
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Reasonably nice property in a rural town along rural U.S. Highway 60 in South Central Missouri. I had stayed there several years ago and it seems that they have done quite a bit of remodeling since then. The gentleman at the front desk at check-in was very friendly and ensured that I got the room type (1 king bed non-smoking) that I booked. The room was mostly clean... bathroom was small but very clean. Bed and pillows were more comfortable than your average hotel bed and pillows. Room was far enough off the highway that room was nice and quiet.

There was one odd thing: the room had a brand new refrigerator but it was not plugged in. Once I actually plugged it in it worked great, but it was highly unusual that maintenance would put in a new fridge without hooking it up!

My only complaint is the carpet. Even though it looked fairly new, it was extremely dirty. A few walks across the floor and my white socks weren't very white anymore. A little carpet powder and vacumming would easily solve this, and it is always frustrating when hotels don't ensure that the rooms have clean enough carpets and floors.

Overall, however, this is a nice property and would definitely recommend if you need a stop when traveling along Highway 60 or if you have business in the area.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank gcmissouri
Reviewed April 6, 2008

The first "non-smoking" room that I got smelled like the local tavern so I had to change rooms. No problem, they got me a room that smelled ok. The room itself was very dated. The room was clean, except for the fact that the carpet was so bad that I wouldn't allow myself any bare-skinned contact with it. Wi-fi worked without incident, but the tv was probably 25 years old and the remote didn't really work. In all, you get what you pay for. I didn't expect a nice place, so at least I wasn't surprised. If you're staying in Mountain Grove you can't be too picky. Rumor has it that the Days Inn is the nicest motel in town.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)