“Avoid it at all costs!!”

Days Inn Mountain Grove
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Grove
Middletown, Delaware, United States
“Avoid it at all costs!!”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I realize that this is rural Missouri and it's really the only hotel...but save your coins and go up the road to Cabool if you can. This hotel is disgusting. Our room AC was leaking water so badly that the carpet was moldy. The carpet was ripped up in another spot and my daughter cut her foot on the carpet tacks. The bedding was bug free, but full of holes! Service was even worse, I asked for no cleaning (really, what's the point?) but new towels twice, but never got them. Run like hell if you're stuck here!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Kary G
SUUNY P, Manager at Days Inn Mountain Grove, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Thank you for your response here about the property. We have since upgraded our rooms and I will assure you your next stay with us will be exceptional. Please call and ask for the Manager and we will take care of your very well.
Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Milford, Illinois
Reviewed May 16, 2012

The rooms are not updated and not real nice, but there is not much of a choice in Mountain Grove, Missouri for hotels. All rooms are smoke free, but ours smelled like smoke.

The people are outstanding though and help you out as much as possible. Breakfast was okay too. Not a huge selection, but it is included.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
SUUNY P, Manager at Days Inn Mountain Grove, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
We are under new management but still have the same helpful employees as before. We have updated our rooms since your stay. We have new carpet, new tile, and new drapes. We hope you will stay with us on your next trip through Mtn. Grove, Missouri.
Reviewed January 28, 2012

They charged me for a CONTINENTAL breakfast! My room was a god awful yellow color and the linens were old and well worn! I find it very had to believe that this hotel meets Windhams standard of quality!!! The man at the desk that checked me in could barely speak english and was extremely rude!!! I have stayed at many Days Inn and have never been charge extra for what is advertised as free. Nore have I been treeted so rudely!!! I will not be staying at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed January 2012
3 Thank monkey6413
We are sorry that you had such a bad experience at our hotel. We are under new management now. We have new carpet, new drapes, new mattresses, and new tile in our rooms. I guarantee that you will not be charged for the continental breakfast if you stay with us now! I hope you will give our motel another chance.

Travelers are raving about these Mountain Grove hotels

Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 13, 2011

This was a horrible experience. The floor was sticky, their was ton of hair on the floor, the shower curtain was moldy, the chairs were soiled so bad I wouldn't sit in them, their was food splattered on the wall and the non smoking room smelled of smoke. Left messages for the manager/owner to contact me with no response. The front desk person even told me they wouldn't call me back. I didn't expect perfect but I do expect clean. We have stayed in some nice Days Inn but this one definately put the name to shame.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank 73Stacey19
Keaau, Hawaii
Reviewed May 11, 2011

I love Mtn Grove, my family lived there for 5 years in the 70's and go back for visits. First time in this hotel and the last, the carpet was sticky dirty, black flies were horrible, wallpaper rolling off the walls, stunk... were thinking maybe just this room?? No we had three rooms for multiple families.. dirty and disgusting! The color of the walls don't mean much to me, but when their covered in fly doo.. Sleep in your car at wal-mart if you need a rest or drive down the road..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank joelinhawaii
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The man that checked us in was very nice. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The only thing that was bad about the room was the bright Yellow paint! I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed October 31, 2010

The room was a nauseating shade of bright greenish-yellow. I don't normally comment on, or notice, hotel-room colors, but this was distracting. The bathroom was reasonably clean, though it looked like someone had installed new drywall on top of old. The shower curtain was moldy, but the maid replaced it during our stay. There was a refrigerator that worked and was clean. The carpets were so filthy that my feet turned black after walking around barefoot. The bedspread and chair upholstery made me not want to touch them with my bare skin. The room had a funky, musty, mildewy smell so we slept with the window wide open. You could hear the people upstairs stomping around constantly. Strangely, the bed was comfortable and the linens appeared to be clean. We would have gone on to another motel in another town, but we were attending a series of family events in Mountain Grove, so had no choice but to stay here. The swimming pool was half-full of black water. All in all, gross.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank conferencetrip31

Been to Days Inn Mountain Grove? Share your experiences!