“Comfortable and clean”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Mountain Grove
Lebanon, Missouri
“Comfortable and clean”
Reviewed April 1, 2011

The man that checked us in was very nice. Our room was clean and had everything we needed. The only thing that was bad about the room was the bright Yellow paint! I would stay here again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Flagstaff, AZ
Reviewed October 31, 2010

The room was a nauseating shade of bright greenish-yellow. I don't normally comment on, or notice, hotel-room colors, but this was distracting. The bathroom was reasonably clean, though it looked like someone had installed new drywall on top of old. The shower curtain was moldy, but the maid replaced it during our stay. There was a refrigerator that worked and was clean. The carpets were so filthy that my feet turned black after walking around barefoot. The bedspread and chair upholstery made me not want to touch them with my bare skin. The room had a funky, musty, mildewy smell so we slept with the window wide open. You could hear the people upstairs stomping around constantly. Strangely, the bed was comfortable and the linens appeared to be clean. We would have gone on to another motel in another town, but we were attending a series of family events in Mountain Grove, so had no choice but to stay here. The swimming pool was half-full of black water. All in all, gross.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank conferencetrip31

Travelers are raving about these Mountain Grove hotels

MP
Reviewed July 6, 2010

They do not give towels for swimming. I do not travel with them. Very poor breakfast. The third bedroom had no air. TV control would not work.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Vl1MP
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed June 2, 2010

When we made our reservation, we specifically asked for non-smoking. As soon as we opened the door to the room, the smokey smell hit us. They were booked solid so we had no choice but to stay in the room. We "Febreezed" it as much as we could. Then we had asked for a fridge and only got it on the last day of our stay. One of our friends who had rented a king room downstairs found crumbs in their bed. Hey, at least we had some good laughs about it.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank BarbBSt_Louis_MO
Oak Ridge, New Jersey
Reviewed May 18, 2010

OK hotel, not great. Decent value but there are not many alternatives in the area. Not too clean, not enough outlets in the room to accomodate the fridge & microwave they supply plus the iron & any other things you may bring with you. Very dirty chairs, badly stained & looked like they were never cleaned. As I said, ok but nothing I would recommend.

• Stayed May 2010
1 Thank LynnQ
Nixa, Missouri
Reviewed October 7, 2008

Reasonably nice property in a rural town along rural U.S. Highway 60 in South Central Missouri. I had stayed there several years ago and it seems that they have done quite a bit of remodeling since then. The gentleman at the front desk at check-in was very friendly and ensured that I got the room type (1 king bed non-smoking) that I booked. The room was mostly clean... bathroom was small but very clean. Bed and pillows were more comfortable than your average hotel bed and pillows. Room was far enough off the highway that room was nice and quiet.

There was one odd thing: the room had a brand new refrigerator but it was not plugged in. Once I actually plugged it in it worked great, but it was highly unusual that maintenance would put in a new fridge without hooking it up!

My only complaint is the carpet. Even though it looked fairly new, it was extremely dirty. A few walks across the floor and my white socks weren't very white anymore. A little carpet powder and vacumming would easily solve this, and it is always frustrating when hotels don't ensure that the rooms have clean enough carpets and floors.

Overall, however, this is a nice property and would definitely recommend if you need a stop when traveling along Highway 60 or if you have business in the area.

• Liked — Friendliness of Front Desk staff, quality of the room
  • Disliked — Carpet being too dirty
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank gcmissouri
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 6, 2008

The first "non-smoking" room that I got smelled like the local tavern so I had to change rooms. No problem, they got me a room that smelled ok. The room itself was very dated. The room was clean, except for the fact that the carpet was so bad that I wouldn't allow myself any bare-skinned contact with it. Wi-fi worked without incident, but the tv was probably 25 years old and the remote didn't really work. In all, you get what you pay for. I didn't expect a nice place, so at least I wasn't surprised. If you're staying in Mountain Grove you can't be too picky. Rumor has it that the Days Inn is the nicest motel in town.

• Disliked — The carpet in my room.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Days Inn Mountain Grove? Share your experiences!