Royal Inn & Suites
$93
Priceline
$75
Ridge Crest Hotel(West Plains)
$60
Quality Inn(West Plains)
$80
QualityInn
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 8, 2009

Four friends and I stayed in a room together while in town for a wedding. As there were 5 in our party and several of us had work online to do, we selected travelodge because it had wireless internet access and cots available.

The wireless internet access was broken all three nights we stayed there.

The cot we were supposed to receive kept being "accidentally given to other guests," so I slept on the floor for three nights.

The outdoor pool was drained because it is "off season." The middle of June in Missouri is not an appropriate time to have the pool open?

On top of this, the rate we were quoted on the phone was 10 dollars less than the one we were offered upon arrival. The manager refused to show us a sheet displaying "standard rates," though he claimed to be referencing a sheet of nationwide travelodge rates behind the counter. We asked why the rates he was quoting us were so much higher than those we were given at the nationwide travelodge number. He was dodgy and claimed those other rates are based on discounts, length of stay, and other variables we'd not been told about and which were not in writing anywhere in the office.

He showed us our room (we'd asked for nonsmoking) and tried to convince us that the room WAS nonsmoking, even though it smelled like smoke and had three ashtrays in it. We didn't buy it, so he took us to another room.

When we left, we asked for a discounted rate based on the problems above. He offered a discount of 5 dollars a night, which he claimed to be equal to the nightly rate for four people in a room. This rate was still higher than the one quoted by the national travelodge line.

Nearly everyone else who attended this wedding stayed at the Mountain Grove Days Inn, and had a wonderful experience there. They were sold out when we booked our room.

Bright side: housekeeping was very kind about providing extra blankets and towels.

(I'm not going to indicate in this review that this hotel has internet access or a pool, even though they claim to, because they were not available to guests when we were there.)

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank sjkind
Reviewed December 31, 2008

My review shows above average. That is reflective of the price level for this property. Not above average when compared with a Hilton or similar but very good for the price.

I travel about 120 nights a year. Many comparisons can be made. I have been to this Travel Lodge twice and will plan to stop again. Desk personnel are very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Microwave and fridge.

If not full, the check in agent places you where there are empty rooms between you and the next occupied room. This helps with regard to having a quiet stay. Most properties, even when close to empty, put people in side by side room to room. Why?
They think that it is easier on the cleaning crew rather than considering customer comfort.

Stayed: December 2008
Reviewed September 1, 2007

We were told on the phone that the rate would be $52 + tax for two queen beds. When we arrived another lady told us that this was the rate for one queen bed not two. She argued with me telling me, there is no way the lady that took the reservation a few days earlier, would have given me that rate for two queens. I specifically told the lady when I made the reservation that it was me, my wife and three children and we needed two beds. Anyway we went ahead and paid for the room because I was too tired to fuss anymore. I thanked the lady at the front desk only to get no response and proceeded to my room. I went in the room and it was filthy with shagg carpet that was very soiled and stained. I turned around told my wife and kids to get back in the car and I went back to the front desk and got my money back. Travelers beware, Days Inn looked to be nicer ,but we continued south to West Plains were there was a better selection.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1  Thank do1036
Reviewed August 26, 2007

Cleanest and coincidentally the cheapest room of our week-long family vacation to 3 states. Friendly staff and good, free continental breakfast.

Stayed: August 2007