“Good Americanized Chinese food.”
Review of Bamboo Garden

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Bamboo Garden
Ranked #12 of 21 Restaurants in Mount Vernon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed December 10, 2012 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to eat and has been for twenty years or thereabouts. However, my favorite side is Fried Broccoli and half the time I go they're out. It is extremely frustrating and there's no reason for it. I'm going to stop eating here until they can fulfill their menu. This isn't a recent issue but has been happening for a few years. Will increase ratings once this problem is addressed.

Reviewed February 5, 2012

We really enjoyed the food here!! Great taste! HUGE portions!!!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

After a long hot days works, most people who have to travel for a living want a nice meal in a family atmosphere (this is not the place) to relax and unwind. But here at the Poo Poo Garden all you get is a bad attitude with a bad buffet. People!!! If you enjoy eating Asian cusine's and want to continue to enjoy it this is not the place to eat. The food has no flavor and is at best rated next to dog food (thats if you can get the dog to eat it). Awe!! Now for the terrible service. When my friends and I went to pay for this garbage we asked the cashier to split the bill (I being first in line) thought that I would be first to pay (nope). She rang up the bill and said "this is with out a drink" so I told her that " I had a coke" here comes the funny!!!! are you ready for it ;) she says " I don't care" confussing everyone inline as to who is going to pay first. And then she starts for arguee with one of my friends about his bill. and all he wanted to know was if that was what he was going to pay.

2  Thank Brian T
Reviewed August 17, 2011

One thing I have come to realize is that each chinese restaurant makes their food differently and it seems to vary from one part of the country to the next.
We recently stopped at the Bamboo Garden while passing through Mt. Vernon, MO and it was pretty good. We ordered out, but the staff was friendly, the restaurant clean, and the food was good. We had the old standard of sweet and sour chicken, along with crab rangoon and egg drop soup. The sweet and sour sauce is not the typical thick, pink jelly-like stuff at other restaurants but was quite tasty. The rangoons were great and the soup had tofu, shitake, water chestnuts and carrots along with the egg, which we had never had in an egg drop soup before. It was really good. I would definitely stop in again the next time we come through.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

My first visit was about 6 years ago. Like the people from Texas, I found the buffet closed, but they told us what they could serve us. We found it very satisfactory. The second time, we went during the dinner hours and found a good variety. It must have been crab legs night, as that is what most people were eating.