“Wonderful place with a friendly and helpful staff”
Review of Audrey's Motel

and 1 more site!
Audrey's Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mound City
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We stayed at Audrey's Motel in Mound City, MO and had to write about the friendliness of the staff and impeccable cleanliness of this motel. Check-in process was quick and efficient. The rooms are of generous size and we found the room cleaner than many other motels we have stayed in on our trips and those cost 2-3 times MORE than here! The motel seems to be well built and very quiet. The beds are extremely comfortable. In the morning I was pleasantly surprised by the hot breakfast that consisted of scrambled eggs, bacon, juices, fruit, coffee,toast and a wide assortment of flavored instant oatmeal as well as cold cereal. All this was included in the price of our stay and with the room price so reasonable at $59.99+txt with my AAA discount I was VERY surprised by the large breakfast choices. Most places only serve donuts and the such plus coffee. We will definitely recommend this motel to ALL our friends and family and now consider this to be our favorite stop when traveling back to visit family!

• Stayed: September 2011
2  Thank shortnsweet7

Reviewed June 27, 2012

I came upon Audrey's by accident while business traveling and I have no regrets in doing so. I received one of the cleanest motel rooms in which I have ever stayed; one with attention to detail and personal furnishings and comfort, not just random furnishings tossed about. The manager treated me with courtesy and conversation and this motel doesn't find random expenses to add to one's bill. As I travel through that area more frequently, I will definitely stay there. It is quiet, clean, accessible, and honest -- not something that I can say about a lot of the chain hotels in which I've stayed. I used the phrase "American value" because the people that run this establishment demonstrate that value -- inexpensive rates, clean quarters, courtesy, privacy, and no one is standing around waiting for a tip just for doing their job. This motel operates with honest value in mind; not profits. I can respect that. Audreys will see me again.

Room Tip: Audrey's respects pet owners and welcomes animals with owner supervision. If you travel with a p...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Eden T
Reviewed May 23, 2012

We have stayed many times at Audrey's. What a nice surprise to find new carpet and new bathroom counters and sinks during our most recent stay. I usually have a pleasant visit with the owner's wife while I'm having morning coffee. There is always fresh fruit and homemade breads for a light breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2012

We have stayed at Audrey's numerous times for extended periods and find for a "50s" era motel the rooms have always been extremely clean and comfortable and the owners always friedly and accomadateing. Will always stay there when visiting family.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 16, 2012

I should have read the reviews before, the customer service was awful. The manager was very, very rude. They misquoted the rate of the room, they used inappropriate language in front of my son. The place was dirty, very outdated. You would be better off to stay at the Super 8 - or drive 30 miles to the next town.... the hotels in the next town are cheaper, cleaner, better amenities... well worth the drive to pass this horrible place up. The place doesn't look bad from the outside... but don't be fooled. The linens were completely stained and filthy. We stayed one night then switched hotels. I have stayed in hotels in 49 of the 50 states - from 1 star to 5 star.... this was by FAR the worst place I have ever stayed at. (put it this way - I have NEVER written a negative review... I can usually find something positive - I could not find one positive thing with either the customer service, the cleanliness, the amenities or the hotel staff)

Room Tip: Stay away from this hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Seasoned_Traveler299
Reviewed October 6, 2011

8 of us stayed there while fishing a bass tournament in the area. I called ahead to request some info for certain amenities like a lighted parking lot where our boats could be seen from the room and outside plug ins to charge batteries. He said no problem even though he was going to charge me $5 per plug per night! When we check-in he asks how I will be paying, then wants to collect the money for 2 nights before I've even seen the room! We then have a difference of opinion on where our boats will be parked but we go along with it. When we arrive back from our first day of fishing and ask to turn on the electrical outlets he tells me they were sued over someone tripping over a cord and are no longer allowed to use them. Apparently this took place within the week I called and when I arrived. He then comes back out to tell us to move our boats from where he originally told us to park cause the rock truck drivers that were staying there were due back and we needed to make room. He planned on doing this by parking us up against a hill and having them pull along the other side COMPLETELY blocking us in. This is where I drew the line. We proceeded to get into a heated arguement in which he SCREAMED profanities at me! Oh I forgot to mention that we were planning on 8 boats staying at this dump not 4. Where were they parking? On the street? He told me if I didn't like it to get the F#€$ Out! I wasn't getting a refund and he already had my money. He told us the truck drivers would be gone by 5am. We left at 5:20 and thankfully we moved our boats to a different place because the trucks were still there. I would rather sleep on the deck of my boat in a snow storm than that place again.

Room Tip: You wanna tip to find a good room. Go down the street to the Super 8.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank NBT23
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place was dirty, old and out dated, just awful. The price is the same as better quality motels, so you are fooled into thinking the quality is as good, wrong, wrong, wrong. They came to our room each time we went out and shut off the AC, so when we would come back the room would be very hot! One morning of our stay the breakfast and coffee was gone by 9:00 am.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary L

Been to Audrey's Motel? Share your experiences!