“It was the worst place I have ever stayed”
Review of Audrey's Motel

Audrey's Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Mound City
Reviewed September 6, 2011

This place was dirty, old and out dated, just awful. The price is the same as better quality motels, so you are fooled into thinking the quality is as good, wrong, wrong, wrong. They came to our room each time we went out and shut off the AC, so when we would come back the room would be very hot! One morning of our stay the breakfast and coffee was gone by 9:00 am.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 2, 2011

I travel w/my 2 dogs all the time and when I came across this little place that's independently owned by a military vet and family operated, I had to stop in. Best decision I ever made! I saw the room and w/the tile floors you can tell they are so clean! I've stayed at the Super 8 in the same town,and others,and their pet friendly rooms have so many stains and a lot of them smelled of urine,plus Super 8 charges a lot more for the basic rate and then $20 PER PET EXTRA! much cheaper and much much CLEANER at this cute motel! I loved having the big window and being able to see the cleanliness and SMELL the cleanliness plus they offer a FREE HOT BREAKFAST in the mornings which is phenomenal! I couldn't have been happier w/my choice in motel stay and I will DEFINITELY stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We found this independently owned motel to be a pleasant suprise. Although the motel is a bit dated, it was clean, the rooms spacious, and the beds comfortable. I know there were a couple reviews that were negative, so we were a bit nervous about staying there. Our experience was completely positive. The owners were pleasant and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. (Well, actually we did stay there two seperate times in September) Great value, as far as we were concerned, especially in an area of Missouri where there were limited choices.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank retiredandlovingit33
Reviewed August 18, 2010

My father and I took a motorcycle trip and the daylight gave out on us around Mound City so we decided to stop for the night. The clerk at the gas station directed us to Audrey's motel and so thats where we stayed. Friendly staff and clean comfortable rooms at reasonable rates. They let us park our bikes underneath the awning also..Thanks! I will stay here again if I ever pass through.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 8, 2010

If you want your Experience to be like living in a kennel with your dog then great place. I made the mistake on paying before I checked the "pet friendly" room. A concrete floor is not my idea of a nice pet friendly hotel. When I tried to get my money back the old [--] at the front desk got into a argurment with me and got his wife out there. She said finally give him his money back, while going through the process the jerk told me no one has ever asked for their money back in six years...he had the "phone" on hold and told me he didn't know how and was going to charge me a $12 credit card fee reguardless, finally I said give me the damn room. Now I am laying here in my kennel with my dog on the bed with me...if you want to be jerked around then so be it, this is the place for you.

Reviewed February 5, 2009

Rooms are by far the cleanest!! The staff was very friendy and check in was painless. Rooms are super quiet and spacious and the free internet was great and fast.

Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 1, 2008

This motel is right off of I-29 in Mound City. The rooms were spacious and clean, and the free wi-fi was great -- a rarity for a motel in such a small town. Check-in and check-out were painless and staff were friendly.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mound City
Country Hearth Inn- Maryville
No photo provided
Garden Inn Truck Plaza
#1 of 1 in Forest City

Been to Audrey's Motel? Share your experiences!