“Charming & Quaint ”
Review of Asiatic Lion Lodge

Asiatic Lion Lodge
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We visited Sasan Gir in the first week of June and stayed at the Asiatic lion lodge.
Its a quiet little place with beautiful cottages. For a jungle lover like me it was blissful and tranquil interspersed with cacophony of birds.
Even in the scorching summer heat it was a soothing experience. The rooms are tastefully done, specially the led lights below the bed is a neat idea.
One of the surprises is the food which is made from local produce and was pretty delicious.
The staff was amazingly courteous and helpful. All in all a worthy experience...

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank drkarthiks

Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed for just one night and a day just to try out as the hotel is new. We were very impressed with the room, services and food. Everything was just superb. I will recommend this property for sasan gir.
Manoj Dholakia

7  Thank MDPQC1
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I am a frequent visitor to Gir and this time my travel agent booked Asiatic Lion Lodge and tell me to try a new lodge. The whole Atmosphere at Asiatic Lion Lodge is like a Local Habitat like Ness. Sight is located near the buffer zone & its like we are in jungle. Gazebo where we enjoyed bird watching with a cup of coffee. We found some rare birds in and around lodge. Surprise is food at the lodge, its so delicious and also less of oil and spices. We enjoyed a wildlife film show on a big screen is great. We found a new concept of a sign board where we can write our safari experience and Lion or Leopard sighting details.
On way very few sign boards to find the way to property is a small difficulty we had otherwise its
Over all a good new lodge with little difference from others in Gir.

6  Thank MBT2110
Reviewed June 2, 2014

I have been to Gir many time before as I am very fond of photography. As a walk in tourist I reached this lodge, entered inside by driving around little 300 mtrs from Haripur road. After getting my room get settled. I went on a birding trip of lodge, a such a nice trip,view a wild life film in evening and the surprise is food. Food is very good, its less of oil but very tasty..
Sitting near a natural water stream up to late till 11 is very thrilling, there are so many type of jungle calls we hear. Rooms are very good.
As a photographer I enjoyed the place.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank devangs
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was my second visit to Sasan Gir. I was with friends here and we stayed at Asiatic Lion Lodge near Club Mahindra Resort. I am amazed and don't know where to start but from state of the art cottages to real gujarati food, from cottages designed like a hut in jungle from outside and a five star luxurious room inside, a river facing cafeteria to open amphitheater, a set of chairs outside room to green enviornment it was all here. And no need to say that was all wi-fi enabled. In short live in between Lions with the coziness of home. I was also provided help by the staff to book jungle safari. Saw a group of Lions eating deer. Try this place once and I bet you will go there again.

• Stayed: May 2014
4  Thank 1vijay
Reviewed May 31, 2014

i have been to Gir several times and explored the place, everytime its been thrilling experience. being adventures, always looking for something new and exciting. this time apart from exploring jungle, i have tried changing usual hotels and guess what, i have got the best experience ever. strongly recommend every jungle lover to try this NEW HOTEL, its just couple of months old but kind of hospitality and food i have got is sure shot unmatched. i would go ahead and say its MORE than VALUE to my monies.... not only hotel service but these hotel people helped us getting Jungle Safari and to my surprise for the first time i witnessed three Male Lions together, having their food treat ;) The jungle treated me (as always) during early morning and late evenings and rest entire day and night was delightful treat to me in this hotel. MUST TRY for all, be it individual or family. highly recommended.

Room Tip: try to get room near Gazebo.... its an excellent location
5  Thank RajivPatel13
Reviewed April 12, 2014

A friend & I actually stayed here a couple weeks before they officially opened on a promotional special arrangement. Not only is the place about as perfect as you could imagine, the service is off the charts too! The rooms are extremely comfortable & spacious with one of the most comfortable beds I've ever slept in on the road. Bathroom is exceedingly well done as well. The food is amazing, & the staff super polite & helpful.

But, hey, you come to Sasan to see lions, right? Asiatic Lion Lodge arranged for us to ride in a jeep with experienced guides who took us on a morning safari. The only mistake was they should have told me to put away my 70-200 mm lens & to get ready for closer-up photography. I thought we'd be fortunate to see wild lions at around 150m. As it turned out, these guys really know their stuff. We not only saw 3 lions in two separate sightings, but they were all much closer than I anticipated, & the last one--a big male walked right by the rear wheel of our jeep above which I was standing! Any closer & I would have gotten lion mane hair on my trousers! Wrong lens--I needed a wide angle!

Later my colleague told the lodge's owner that he'd come here a few years before with two photographers, stayed in another place, done two safari's & seen no lions. This lodge's owner softly told us, "You come with us, & I'll guarantee that you'll see lions."

We were there surveying for photo tours. We're coming back & we'll be staying with here!

Room Tip: I had one of the rooms way at the back, nice view in the morning. And sit out on your porch at nigh...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
#1 of 30 in Gir National Park
Saavaj Resort
Saavaj Resort
#1 of 21 in Sasan Gir

Been to Asiatic Lion Lodge? Share your experiences!