“Great place to take the family” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Mark Twain Landing

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Monroe City
Mark Twain Landing
Missouri City, Missouri
“Great place to take the family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

This campground is an awesome place to visit. Its very clean, RV sites are large with concrete pads, fun activities, a large water park that is just super fun to be at. The grounds are very well kept, the staff is very friendly, takes care of issues immediately. Great place to take the family
fun for all ages.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sophiee S
Brian S, Public Relations Manager at Mark Twain Landing, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review. We are so glad to hear you had a wonderful time staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2013

We have gone to this campground in the past and were looking forward to it again. We reserved 3 nights and got our confirmation via email. We wanted to extend our stay by one night and called but we were told we had to send a request via email. Odd but we did as asked. I asked to stay another night and received a reply back that we were already booked to leave on the night I had asked for. I sent another email and didn't hear back so we decided to just leave our reservation as is. Then I got a call that we hadn't checked in as expected and were we still coming. So I called and was told that despite not replying to my last email or receiving a new confirmation that we would be charged for the extra night. I was told that the manager wasn't available to talk to me and that if I thought I was going to have a bad time then perhaps I shouldn't come at all! The lady on the phone, Alice, was rude and unfriendly. So instead of getting my money for three nights they opted to only keep my deposit after I told them we would just cancel! We found a great place to stay instead with friendly people who appreciate our business. Very disappointing.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank smeichel
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. Please accept our sincere apologies for responding so late to your comments. Since your visit we have changed many of our policies to better accommodate our guests. First and foremost being that we will never ask you to send an email to change or modify a reservation, let alone make one. We'll gladly take care of everything over the phone or in-person the way it should be. We sincerely apologize for the hardship that was caused during your stay and please know we are working to improve.

Travelers are raving about these Monroe City hotels

Wentzville, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Absolutely terrible experience. The people there were very unfriendly and extremely rude. The bungalows were dirty and uncomfortable. There is no water pressure to even take a shower; in fact I am surprised the toilet even flushed. I have been here in the past and never had an issue until the recent management change. The new managers name is Paula (what a gem she is) she basically runs the campground how I envision Fidel Castro would run one, with no respect for her patrons. She was very short when spoken to and always had a terrible attitude towards me and my 15 other campers. Also do not get one of the golf carts from them because they try to make you pay for the wear and tear on the cart by the end of the weekend. The same crew as the campground runs the water park and it shows. Admission is extremely high, bar was not properly stocked, and the food is well overpriced.

As I said before, I have stayed here in the past multiple times; needless to say this will be my final stay.

Room Tip: find a different campground.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Mike B
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Mike and please accept our sincere apologies for the late reply. Paula is no longer with us and we are doing our best to make changes to the campground that our guests have asked for. One of our most important goals is the have our managers meet the campers and ask for their input. We have also made improvements to the water park including a rebuilt lazy river, repairing two water slides and hiring professional bartenders so you can expect the drink you request. We'll also try our best to make sure the bungalows are better for future guests so they don't have the same problems you did. We might not win your business back but we are listening now and will do our best to avoid this happening to anyone else.
Peoria, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed in a rustic cabin this weekend and it was what I expected - rustic. I did not however, expect to pay almost $200 for two nights to receive so little. Basically, what it got us was the cabin, which was completely up to us to clean and provide linens and towels; a playground; a few ponds (one of which you were allowed to keep the fish but none were caught); a pitiful looking mini golf course and a small outdoor pool. That's it. I received soooo much more at the Country Inn & Suites I stayed at the weekend before!

There's more to do at Mark Twain Landing ... for a price. Tie-dye a shirt for $10, go the waterpark for $25 an adult or $20 a kid (OUTRAGEOUS!), rent a golf cart for $50/day, etc. We were really disappointed and actually ended up going into town to a great public pool for $4/person. If the waterpark were included it would be worth it but without - just a big disappointment.

Room Tip: The rustic cabins were next to water treatment grounds and it smelled like sewage.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank Katie S
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Katie and please accept our sincere apologies for the late reply. Since your visit we have made many changes to our campground including a nearly complete remodel of the rustic cabins you mentioned. We have also rebuilt the entire miniature golf course from the ground up and cleaned up both the pool and water park areas. Thank you again for being honest with your comments and know that we are listening to all of our guests and will continue to do our best to improve.
Saint Louis, Missouri
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

I have been camping for over 30 years and have been to all different campgrounds in the United States and have never been treated so badly in my life. Just like the other review rules apply to certain people. They just like their regulars. They were rude from the moment we pulled in. Our family has never been treated with such disrespect ever! They say they have cable but the cable does not work. They say they have wifi and the wifi does not work. The hook up for the water had so many people attached to it that when I took a shower it was like a trickle. We spent $182.00 for 3 nights and pulled out after 1 night and went and stayed at another campground down the street called the Hitching Post. I highly recommend staying there! Amazing people that know how to treat customers with respect!!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
8 Thank Kim K
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Kim and please accept our sincere apologies for the late reply so many months after your experience. We are doing our best to improve certain aspects of the park where our guests told us we needed help. Those include improvements to the internet, cable, water and just about every other amenity we have. We really do value your business and please know that we will always be listening to our guests from now on and making further improvements.
Morton, Illinois, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2013

My parents had a reservation here for the weekend to go fishing. My mother ended up going into the Emergency Room the day before with balance and heart issues. My father was told..."unless there is a death in the famlily, nothing will be refunded". While he was focused on getting my mother back to health, I called, called and called to try to talk to the manager. Finally, after 12 hours of trying and 6 phone calls...I finally got through. She had absolutely no sympathy at all. Policy is policy. Paula is the manager and is not responsive to customer needs. From what I gathered, her staff isn't stellar either...they could barely look up the reservation. I would look to another place to stay if I were you.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
9 Thank Angela B
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review Angela and please accept our apologies for the late reply. We are doing our best to make some changes at the campground so the type of experience you had won't happen to anyone else. While we cannot correct your situation, please know we are listening now and will strive to make our park better for everyone.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2013

This will be our 5th year going to Mark Twain Landing. There are 8 families that go for a total of about 30 of us with about half being kids and young ones. We generally stay 4 days It is great for us because some of us that do not have campers rent cabins and we can all stay right accross from each other. The cabins are not the best but how often are you really in them? they serve thier purpose. I do not recommend them though for famlies with allergies. The kids LOVE the playground and you can't beat the deal you get for the waterpark if you stay there. We always have a great time. The campground is clean, most of the staff are pretty nice and there is ALOT of activities for the kids and grown ups alike. We will contiune each year as it is a great outing for all of us families who live in MO and IL to meet up and spend quality time together.

Room Tip: We always rent the family bungalows not good for people with allergies or asthma but they are clean.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Smallen1007
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. It's great to hear that you enjoyed staying at our campground, we are really trying hard to make changes and upgrades to better serve our campers and water park guests. Some of our cabins have been completely remodeled and are available for rent now and we are doing our best to make them more accessible for those with allergies. Thanks again for your feedback, we are always listening!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Monroe City
Garth Woodside Mansion Estate
No photo provided
Harbor Inn
#1 of 3 in Monroe City

Been to Mark Twain Landing? Share your experiences!