“Authentic Cajun Food”

The Bayou
Ranked #1 of 31 Restaurants in Monett
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 8, 2013

My husband and I were traveling and found this place on trip advisor. We were so impressed!!!! The food absolutely made us feel like we were in New Orleans. The red beans and rice and gumbo were delicious. We travel a lot to south Louisiana and knew we wouldn't be disappointed when we heard our servers accent. We will definitely be back when we pass through Monett, it is just plain, good cajun food.

There are newer reviews for The Bayou

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Oh man! It's good! Gumbo is unreal good. I had a special they serve occasionally. It's 1lb boiled shrimp and 1lb boiled crawfish. I was peelin,suckin,drippin and grinnin!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We had a large group and the waitresses were very on the ball and constantly making sure our glasses were full and that we had what we wanted. The only thing is I noticed some in our party were getting a little antsy because the food seemed like it took forever to come out. The restaurant wasn't even that busy. It's the bar that was booming in the other part of the building. Maybe they were catering to them first. Not sure. We do love going there from time to time and I was happy with everything. Just stating what some of the other guests were feeling because of how long it took to get our meals. We'll be back! Everyone loved their food once they got it!

1  Thank ThadH781
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I ordered a steak cooked medium. It was served very rare. They did immediately take it back and rebook. The staff was very friendly but they also close early.

1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed July 6, 2013

We are locals and the Bayou is our favorite restaurant in town. Great Cajun food, awesome ribeye, service is always good. I highly recommend the Red Beans and Rice, and the Gumbo.

1  Thank Steve B

Been to The Bayou? Share your experiences!