“Stay at the Holiday Inn Express! (Within walking distance of this DISGUSTING place!)”
Review of Super 8 Moberly MO

Super 8 Moberly MO
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Moberly
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

This was a nightmare! I called 3 days prior to our stay to make a reservation! The woman on ththe phone was very pleasant and helpful! She answered all questions and gave me 3 options for room choices! I told her I wanted a non-smoking room with 1 queen bed! I was told there would bbe a refrigerator and microwave in our room! We also specified that we wanted non-smoking. We were only staying one night and the woman said it would cost only $56 + Tax! What a great price! Upon arrival we go to the front desk to check in. We find out check in isn't until 2pm! What!?!? Why weren't we told this?? We had things to do that day and we needed to check in first. Now we had to leave and come back at 6 because we had so many things planned for ththe day! We had to change our clothes at restaurants and gas stations. How embarrassing! When we finally check in the price is almost $80! Honestly they're lucky we even had tthe money because we usually only carry what we need! We soon realized they gave us a room with 2 double beds! I told them thats not what I asked for and she said they were all out of 1 bed rooms! I told her that I had made a reservation 3 days ago so there shouldn't be a problem! Again she stated they were all out and I stated ththat they shouldn't "reserve" rooms to people that they don't have available! I could see there was nothing we could do. We decided to stay. We get to our non-smoking room and I have to laugh because our room was right next to and also right across from smoking rooms. The whole hallway was like that with smoking and non-smoking rooms all sitting next to each other! So we attempt to open our door and it seems to be jammed or something! It was very hard to open and close the door as it was not on the hinges correctly and the door would get stuck! We basically had to lift the door a little and slam it to get it shut. Judging by all the slamming doors that night and morning, I'm assuming others had the same problem! When we finally get in our room we switch on the light and nothing happened! It was still pitch black. At first I thought the lightbulb was out. Then the light finally started to flicker on. It was very very dim but at least we could see in our room now. Barely. It took between 5 - 10 minutes for the light to completely turn on! There were 3 lamps in the room. None of them worked at all! The bathroom light worked great. The vanity light worked ok. There was a refrigerator as promised however no microwave! There was one in the lobby but we were told we'd have one in our room! Honestly this place was disgusting with mold on our shower curtain! The vanity was falling apart! I was afraid to sleep in the bed, but did so as I had no other choice. The next morning we decided to check out the breakfast. After getting my ok but not great food I sat down at a table in the lobby and began to eat. I started to look around as I ate! There were 3 (that I saw) dead roaches in the breakfast area! If there are dead ones there are live ones! I was disgusted and decided I was done with breakfast! We quickly left after that and WILL NOT be back! We met up with some family that stayed at the Holiday Inn Express! (Literally within walking distance of this disgusting place!) I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU STAY AT THE HOLIDAY INN!!!!!!! They are only a little more in price, they have a swimming pool AND fitness center! (super 8 does not have either), they have a wonderful breakfast, and very clean nice rooms! We will be staying there from now on!

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank sunflower_52690
Super8Moberly, Manager at Super 8 Moberly MO, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about the SUper 8 Moberly, Missouri. I want to apologize for the confusion in our check in time and the inconvenience that this caused you and your family. It is through guest comments such as yours that we strive to improve our service to our guest.

The staff and I hope that you will give us another chance to treat you the way you expected to be treated on this last visit.

There are newer reviews for Super 8 Moberly MO

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed 3 nights so we were able to meet several of the staff members. All were very friendly and happy to help. We missed the breakfast deadline, but the woman cleaning it up let us help ourselves first. It's nice to meet people who enjoy their jobs!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to let the Staff and I know that you enjoyed your stay at the Super 8 Moberly, Missouri. Your comments help to reinforce that we expect the staff to be friendly.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Our room was comfortable, we had all the amenities that we could expect, the price was right, the hotel was in a convenient location, the breakfast was adequate for our needs. We were able to come and go with ease. Just wish the exits were in better places....the traffic could be hazardous at times.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I appreciate the time that you took to respond, about your stay at the Super 8 Moberly. I am happy that the location worked out for your reunion. Please keep the Super 8 in Moberly in mind when planning your next reunion. The staff and I look forward to your return.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

After bicycling from South Kansas City to Moberly, the Super8 was a welcome respite - A/C worked well, proximity to food (Hardees) was convenient though a wider variety would have been nice, and breakfast the next morning was great.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

Reviewed July 26, 2013

a good stay, clean rooms and good bkfst. The only problem was that the bathroom next to lobby was out of tp. But at least they had a bathroom near lobby, not all motels do.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Reviewed July 23, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moberly
Comfort Inn Moberly
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Super 8 Macon
Super 8 Macon
#3 of 4 in Macon

Been to Super 8 Moberly MO? Share your experiences!