“Clean Room”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Moberly
Lake Forest, California
“Clean Room”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

The Moberly Inn and Suites provides a fairly restful nights stay. The room was very clean and sparsely appointed. Bed comfort was adequate. The front desk Clerck was extremely helpful. The free breakfast buffet was awful. I expected a little more for the price paid.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank 25R0bertD

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Spent overnight and enjoyed my stay. Based on feedback from others in our group who stayed at other Moberly lodging, it was the right choice. The hotel was quiet and the room has been updated with new bathroom, mattress, heat/air, and television. Maybe new carpeting is coming soon. I had to sleep with the heat off, however, since the blowers were a little loud and breezy, even on "low".

The hotel was somewhat hard for me to find, as I passed by 3 times on highway 24, and never saw it. There apparently isn't a sign that I noticed and the building resides at a 45 degree angle to the street. The only "big" sign is blocked from view while traveling east by the overpass. I even sat in the Lowe's parking lot trying to figure it out, while the establishment was less than 100 yards in back of me.

My only disappointment: I travel with a video player, and although the television has a variety inputs, none were accessable by using either the television controls or remote, as if they are locked out from guest usage. The ample selection of cable TV channels filled the void.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Victor63021
St. Louis
Reviewed October 16, 2013 via mobile

I pick this hotel on a solo motorcycle trip around Missouri based on reviews here. I found the hotel to be very clean and not run down. I believe they take care of the property. My only problem, and it was a big one for me, was I could not get my iPad to connect to the wifi. A search for networks to join revealed no choices. I called the desk for assistance and was told there was nothing to be done except call the 1-800 number in the room, because the hotel "has nothing to do with the internet." I asked the clerk to call on my behalf, which she begrudgingly did. A 45 minute conversation with the "internet" people resolved nothing. So, I feel fine recommending the hotel, unless you have need for wifi internet.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Matthew R
Tipton IA, USA
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was a Best Western before turning into local/ private ownership. Stayed on ground floor in back, so our bikes were 5 ft. from our room door. Great Mexican restaurant attached to the property. Hot breakfast buffet was great. Rooms were clean and quiet. Furnished towels to wipe die the bikes. Staff was very friendly and helpful and location is at a major intersection. We will stay again!

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank SchellyO
Crawfordsville, Indiana
Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is a large construction project going on in the Moberly area, so the 3 local motels are almost always full. Get your reservations in advance !

For a non-chain motel the Moberly Inn is a good value. They have upgraded the rooms, some do have mini-fridges and microwaves. We stayed in a king room for 3 nights, no big complaints. It was a bit musty smelling, but the weather was very hot and humid.

Breakfast is ok, some hot foods each day. The eating area is in a smoky smelling bar area, which I did not enjoy, and the TV's blaring Fox news which is not my favorite.

I have stayed at all 3 local hotels, and this is the one I return to, it offers the best value for the money, is relatively clean, and quiet.

Room Tip: we like the rooms on the back (south) side of the motel, away from the highway.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MarkJaci
Dianne G, General Manager at Moberly Inn and Suites, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
You are correct about making reservations! It is a very busy time here in Moberly. We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service, clean rooms and overall great stay is our main goal. We hope to see you again soon!

Have a great rest of the week!
Oxnard, California
Reviewed August 31, 2013

The breakfast changes everyday. The pool is clean and has a large amount of chlorine, but I was not able to smell it, which is good. The rooms are okay: Comfy bed, flat t.v. good selection of coffee, clean towels. They do not have microwaves and/or mini refrigerators in any of the rooms. You will have to go to the front desk and they will heat up the food for you. I personally wouldn't do that. The tub looked clean, but had a little bit of mold in one corner of it. Carpets are DIRTY. The best thing of this hotel is that there's 2 gas stations, pizza hut, Wal-Mart, CATO, subway, an China King in a walking distance. Also their wifi password changes every Friday. Almost forgot, let them know you want a room away from the vending entrances.

Room Tip: Let them know you do not want a room next to the vending entrances
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank 444melissaf
Thank you so much for your comments. We strive to provide the best service in the area. I will cover this review with my staff so we can improve our service.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing you again!
Springfield, USA
Reviewed August 25, 2013

A nice, clean hotel right in the middle of commerce. Everything was clean and comfortable. The friendly & helpful staff was stellar and the best "Continental" breakfasts were served. The pool was large and clean, no odor of over-chlorination and even has a handicap lift for the pool. If there was a fitness center, I did not see it. Obviously I didn't care. Despite being near the highway, the traffic is not heard in-room. There are some drab features, such as the smoky, nearly empty bar between the hotel and its restaurant. For the price and service, though, I'd definitely book again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dianne G, General Manager at Moberly Inn and Suites, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thanks for the nice review. We are glad you had a great stay. I have a great staff and they will always try their best for our customers. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to the area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Moberly
Comfort Inn Moberly
Super 8 Macon
Super 8 Macon
#3 of 4 in Macon
Americas Best Value Inn & Suites

Been to Moberly Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!