“Wonderful place to stay.”

Country Hearth Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Mexico
“Wonderful place to stay.”
Reviewed May 2, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and I really enjoyed myself. The friendly team of Chris & Kris made my stay worthwhile. The pool wasnt open but they were in the process of updating everything. I had a brand new air conditioner (i know this because they installed it while i was there) and new microwaves and fridges. The friendly customer service and the accommodations made my stay worth the value.

• Stayed April 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I stayed here out on necessity. Probably the best thing that could happen to the outdated run-down facility is bring in a dozer and a dump truck.
The poor manager was nice, but what's a man to do with a building that is in disrepair. Dirty grounds, poorly serviced rooms, carpets were worn and stained. Bath room had outdated shower ect. with draping wall paper. AC unit was broken and sounded scary when it started up. You get the picture.
My room did have a new refrigerator. Get that out before the dozer comes. :-)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
South Elgin, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this motel during the Miss Missouri pageant, June 8-10, 2012. I booked a suite hoping that it would be a little better than the average room but I was a little disappointed. The room was good sized and this was a nice place once upon a time however they seem to be letting maintenance and housekeeping falter. Spotted carpeting, no exhaust in the toilet, light fixture full of dead bugs, housekeeping could be better, lack of groundskeeping, pool water was cloudy, all things that could be corrected which would make it a much nicer place.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Gary M
Flushing, New York
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here on a busy night for them, and by reading some of these reviews, we had expected less when we arrived. However, from the moment we checked in, until the moment we checked out, the people were really friendly. Maybe the recent management has changed since the last few reviews because it was a wonderful stay. The rooms were clean and the pool was fantastic. My kids loved it!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed February 14, 2012

The place is clean and well maintained. It has fast service at the front desk. They have fast check-in and out. The pool is warmer than the YMCA in Clay County, MO, it does not shock the system at all, because it is at the right temperature. It was a pleasure to be in the pool area because they have 4 units to warm it up or you can jump into the whirlpool just a few feet away. My wife liked the whirlpool for her back, I liked the pool for a workout of walking for half an hour until it closed at 10pm. The people have worked over the last 5 years on all the rough edges that the previous reviewers have brought up and resolved them all. They leave 1 or 2 vehicles in front for asthetics and transportation. They have air freshners in the halls. They do preventative maintenance throughout the facility. We were looking for the complaints and found none left. We have stayed in Hilton, Hyatt, Best Western and cruised on Carnival, Princess and Holland America, this inn rates up there with a great place to stay. We have even stayed at Hurd's in Republic, MO, which is a 1 story 20 unit truckers motel for $34 a night. The Country Hearth Inn iin Mexico, MO rates a stay like ALL the others that we have stayed in. Oh and they are friendly like all good places to stay, it's the customers you have to watch out for, they bring their attitudes with them as all humans do. Also it is very handy to go from here to the MO Veterans Home to see my Dad there which is 3.5 hours from Kansas City, MO. The City is cool to look through and has buildings from 1895 that I and my wife saw. Extra towels and pillows are no problem, we needed 2 extra pillows each and new towels after our swims, they went straight away to fulfill our request.

Room Tip: The security lights outside make great night lights, just close your drapes and you can sleep even d...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Reviewed November 17, 2011

When we pulled up there wasn't a car in the lot and the building looked so worn and weathered we thought it was out of business and that we had the wrong location. We saw the flashing Open sign and went in. We had reservations, but once we saw the place and the rooms, we canceled and stayed somewhere else. The carpet in the 2 rooms we were shown was rolling in spots from what looked like water damage, especially near the heating/cooling units. There was a strong smell of mold in the rooms. Like other reviewers have stated, the hallways smell strongly of smoke. There are nicer hotels for the same amount close by, I would suggest looking at one of those instead.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed July 23, 2011

There were a few minor problems, but I stayed 3 nights and overall it is a good place. The rooms are about like a Red Roof Inn. Small, but adequate with a tv, fridge, microwave, one cup coffee maker and hair dryer. The outside of the building looks a little worn, but inside is ok. The hallway smelled like cigarettes, but my non-smoking room was fine.

It was sweltering hot during my stay and when I got here, my room was not cool. The a/c air felt cool, but not cold. And there was no fridge in my room. I went to the front desk and the lady (who I assume is one of the owners) said "oh, you want a fridge?" Well, it was listed in the room description when I booked, so I expected a fridge, and yes, I do want a fridge. She said it would be no problem to bring one in for me. However, there was the a/c problem. They offered me another room, which turned out to be a suite with a jacuzzi! I was surprised at the upgrade. I ended up taking a different room, but I was pleased with the way they tried to accommodate me.

The towels are cheap and it really takes two to dry off after a shower, so I asked housekeeping to leave me two extra towels (there are two automatically and I was the only person in the room) and the woman questioned me as to why I needed TWO MORE TOWELS since it was just me. As far as I'm concerned, I'm a paying guest and I should be able to have extra towels if I want them. One reason I needed an extra was for the pool, but then she informed me there are pool towels available at the front desk. I didn't realize that, so I did ask for one extra towel. They left one the first day of my stay, but the second it was back to the standard. They also never left more shampoo or soap, even though it should have been obvious from the trash that both were used. The original bar of soap was broken into small pieces, so I threw it away. The fact that there was no soap on the counter and the broken one was in the trash should have been a clue. So I was a little displeased with housekeeping.

The pool was nice and the water temperature was good. The hot tub didn't have many bubbles...some of the jets weren't working....so it was nothing great. Breakfast was pretty standard fare for economy hotels. Bagels, pastries, and cereal. They also have a waffle maker and you have to ask at the front desk for a cup of waffle batter. But they brought it quickly and the right amount was pre- measured into the cup, so all I had to do was pour it in and wait for my waffle!

One complaint I had was the noise from the floor above. I could hear every step the people upstairs made. If I stay again, I might request a 2nd floor room for that reason.

I didn't try the computer, but I saw a sign on the printer that it is 25 cents/copy. The wireless internet was ok.

Overall I was pleased with what I got for the price ($50/night).

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexico
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingdom City
Motel 6 Kingdom City
Motel 6 Kingdom City
#2 of 6 in Kingdom City

Been to Country Hearth Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!