“Technical Foul on Coach's”
Review of Coach's Pizza World - CLOSED

Coach's Pizza World
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Springfield, Missouri
“Technical Foul on Coach's”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Coach's - you should be benched. On the recommendation of other trip advisor reviews, I stopped at noon there for lunch today while in town on business. Boo! The lunch 'buffet' as it was billed, had a total of 3 very sad, small pizzas and some cheesy (tough/chewy) bread - all that obviously had been sitting there for some time. The salad bar wasn't set up, even though the buffet purportedly started at 11:00. The one employee I saw working there set up the salad bar about 10 minutes after I arrived; it was a very, very basic, no frills, disappointing salad 'bar'. NO fresh pizzas were ever brought out in the 30+ minutes I was there. I came in hungry, and left hungry, as I paid for one piece of bland pizza, which I didn't finish, 2 pieces of bread, and one small salad. To complete this lousy experience, the men's room had a broken toilet seat! Seriously folks, I cannot recommend this establishment. Surely there are other, better places in Mexico, MO to eat.

• Visited September 2013
3 Thank Robert W
jmwry5, Owner at Coach's Pizza World, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
As the owner and "Coach" behind Coach's Pizza it might be helpful for the general public to understand that my place is full operation 7-day a week restaurant- but it is also a mission. As a full-time teacher and actual varsity Coach I have employed hundreds of young people over many years to provide real job experience and opportunity. That mission means that we have some unique challenges compared to large-chain restaurant you might find in the city that employs college students and life-time professional wait-staff. It does not mean we make excuses for poor service, however. Quite the contrary, we STRIVE UNBELIEVABLY to serve AMAZING FOOD (all the pizzas and subs are made here by scratch I might add), and to SERVE THE COMMUNITY (we donate weekly to many causes, charity, schools, etc). If you ever come and find something truely unsatisfactoy please let me know- I am easy to find. My email is COACH@SOCKET.NET. We aren't always perfect, sometimes things go wrong (who is always perfect?), but we try VERY hard to get it right. Thank you to the many many many travelors that have visted from Chicago, Houston, Dallas, England and literally all over the world. Thank you to the hundreds that have come in for class reunions summer after summer. Thank you to the community that has recognized not only the good food, but the good thing we are trying to accomplish. To those and others, thank you.

Mexico, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Old World flavor and style.”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Great experience the first time,which was a few years ago. We're still enjoying every bite of it to this day. Well worth the visit. You'll be back!!!!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Kelley L
Lenexa, Kansas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

It's hard to find great chicken alfredo pizza, but they had it! My fiance had never had it before and he even enjoyed it! Good Job Coach's!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Hollie M
Rolla, Missouri
“A Saturday Stop During Miss Missouri”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

We travel to see the Miss Missouri pageant every June. Coach's has become our family's Satruday stop after the parade. The food is fresh; tasty and the staff is always helpful. The decor is fun.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Charmed1994
Mexico, Missouri
“Awesome Pizza - Great Local Owner”
Reviewed March 25, 2012

This was the first restaurant we visited when moving to Mexico Missouri. Without a doubt, this is one of the best pizzas I've ever had. And the value for your money is great.

1 Thank Michael V