“nice small town hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mexico
Gurnee, United States
“nice small town hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

Above average small town hotel, a little further out of town than other properties but only by a couple of minutes. If you have to bring a lot of stuff to your room make sure you get a first floor room. Good staff, nice pool area; breakfast area was nice and well.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KB_Manager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Teal Lake Inn, responded to this review, November 20, 2013
We appreciate your positive review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed our complimentary hot breakfast and indoor heated pool. Our staff does a great job in attending to our customer needs. Thank you, and we hope to see you again during your visit to Mexico, MO.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Springfield, Missouri
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

The motel has been around for probably 20 years or so. It has changed hands a few times but both times I've stayed there on weekends it has been a good experience. I have never been there during the week as a business traveler.
The room was clean with two queen-sized beds. It was a room that allows smoking but I actually could not detect any smoke smell in it. They were out of non-smoking rooms and I took what I could get.
The beds were comfortable, it had a good-sized flat screen TV with cable, and the heating/cooling was controlled by a wall thermostat. There was a fair choice of breakfast rolls, donuts, biscuits and cereal as well as hot breakfast that consisted of sausage, scrambled eggs, cubed potatoes, and gravy.
The motel was quiet and we slept well. The maids cleaned the room to spotless condition every morning. There is an indoor pool and a hot tub built into one area along with a rudimentary fitness area.
The only thing I would have liked to add to the motel was an elevator to take guests and luggage to the second floor. It seemed a little pricey but compared to the other motels in town it was the best by far.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
KB_Manager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Teal Lake Inn, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you for your comments. We are delighted that you enjoyed our property and pool. We hope to see you again during your next visit to Mexico, MO.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

Love this place!!!! Very clean and staff was very nice and breakfast was good as well. Rooms were clean and roomy and didn't have a problem with anything at all it was a very pleasant experience. We always stay here when we come to Mexico Mo to visit family.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

KB_Manager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Teal Lake Inn, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Thank you for your compliments about our motel and staff. We are glad to hear that you have been a repeat customer with us. In a few months, we will be doing some major renovations in all the guest rooms, including new carpet, furniture and fixtures. These renovations should further enhance our guests comfort and satisfaction. Once again, thank you for your positive comments and we hope to see you again soon.
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

I'm in the military and have traveled to Mexico every month for the last year. Staying in various hotels, including the Columbia Marriott, which is where I usually stayed. I will say I regret that I haven't been staying here.
First, it's clean! The rooms are spacious. Nice sitting area, comfortable bed (albeit small pillows). Nice size fridge, coffee pot for individual cups, good water pressure--and did I mention clean!

Staff was friendly, although my key did lock me out of the outside door and the attendant sent me back 3 times, she did open it for me on the 3rd time. I think that could have been improved!

The room was very quiet, I have to be up very early so I REALLY appreciated this.

The breakfast is great. You're not going to a restaurant, but there are eggs (protein--YEA!!), a waffle iron, coffee, fruit, bread and jams--pretty great in my mind, and comfy clean sitting.

Great price, two big thumbs up!

I really like the pumpkin or cinnamon candles that were burning when you come in--I loved that smell through the place-nice touch.

One improve, the back curtain by 228 is falling apart--a little eye sore. Fix that and the place otherwise looks very nice.

Thanks!

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
KB_Manager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Teal Lake Inn, responded to this review, November 7, 2013
Thank you for your positive review. Our number one goal at Best Western is to provide a clean and comfortable facility for our guests. We are glad that you enjoyed our spacious rooms and complimentary hot breakfast. We will certainly fix the curtain that you mentioned in your review. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again in the future.
Oxford, Mississippi
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

This hotel has changed hands several times that I know of. It was old 20 years ago and remains old. The breakfast wasn't much to talk about and the decor was old. BUT, that said, I still got a good night's sleep. The trouble is that Mexico MO doesn't have a variety of selections. Stayed there because I am a member of the BW rewards club.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

1 Thank rgrcpa
KB_Manager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Teal Lake Inn, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback about the room decor. We will start renovating all the rooms in a few months, including all new carpet, furniture and fixtures. Our lobby has already been renovated this year, and we receive a lot of compliments about our indoor pool and Jacuzzi. We appreciate your constructive criticism about our breakfast, and will work on improving it. We hope you give us another chance during your future travels.
Owensville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

been staying at this hotel/location for 14 years dating back to previous ownership and holiday inn days .....proud to say the hotel rooms and everything is greatly improved from the dreary days of the holiday inn express.....looking forward to staying here again only thing bad was breakfast was a little cold

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

San Diego, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice property. Very nice pool! I stayed to vivist my son at school and had an excellent and convenient stay thanks to Best Western Teal Lake Inn. Thank you! I will definately come back again and stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexico
Days Inn Mexico
#2 of 6 in Mexico
Super 8 Kingdom City
Super 8 Kingdom City
#5 of 6 in Kingdom City

Been to BEST WESTERN Teal Lake Inn? Share your experiences!