“Best Western Teal Lake Inn”

Best Western Teal Lake Inn
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Mexico
San Diego, United States
“Best Western Teal Lake Inn”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

Nice property. Very nice pool! I stayed to vivist my son at school and had an excellent and convenient stay thanks to Best Western Teal Lake Inn. Thank you! I will definately come back again and stay here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Macomb, Illinois
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We stayed for one night in Mexico Missouri at Best Western Teal Lake. We were very happy with the hotel. It was clean and quiet. We go to Columbia Missouri every year, and we will definitely stay at Best Western again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Osborne, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Hotel was fairly clean but carpets were stained & sofa bed that we wanted to use had blood stains on it. Needless to say we didn't use the sofa bed & used an air mattress that we had brought with us in case the sofa bed was uncomfortable. Non-smoking rooms with two beds were unavailable during our stay.Only smoking rooms

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Randolph, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Teal Lake Best Western is hands down the best motel in Mexico, Mo. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, beds are the pillow top variety which surround you in comfort, pillows fluffy and plentiful. I had an executive suite with desk, love seat (I believe this folds out to make additional bed), fridge and microwave and large HD television which you can position to watch from anywhere in the room. This motel's staff (especially Melody) is friendly and helpful and will assist you as needed and requested. The hot breakfast is a dependable nourishing way to start your day with everything from biscuits and gravy, eggs and toast to a simple sweet roll or cereal. The outside doors lock automatically and are quite secure. I will stay here again, and recommend it to anyone heading to this community!

Room Tip: Executive suites are like having your own little apartment with everything you need for one night to...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
mason city il, United States
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped at this hotel on our way of a bike trip with no reservations the girl at the front desk was extremely helpful and upon noticing we were riding harleys made sure we got a bikers discount. It is a great thing that the best westerns do this had several other stops to make made me look for a best western every time

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Raymond C
Saint Charles, Missouri
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Was working in town and staying at Days Inn because it was $25 cheaper a night, the only thing it did not have that Best Western did was a pool and hot tub. I really needed the hot tub for my back so that last night in town I checked into the Best Western, Before I rented a room a went to see the hot tub to be sure the jets were powerful, I also asked to see a room. Looked ok so I checked in.
When getting into the hot tub I smelt something like perspiration or something, something that made me breath through my mouth it was so bad. I was hurting so bad I had to stay in and massage my sore muscles, I felt like I was bathing in someones horrible dirty body oder and dirt. It was horrible. After returning to my room I showered with soap to get whatever it was off my body. Now my swimsuite smelt like this too.
I called the front desk to nicely inform them of the oder so they could check it and maybe run some cleaner or chlorine through it. I told them I would love to use it again but the oder was too bad for me.
I got a call about 15 minutes later from the night manager telling me that he and someone else went in there and checked it out and there is absolutely NO ODER in the hot tub or pool area. Now Im sure he did not get his nose down in the hot tub. I asked him if he got down on his knees and smelt the water, I got no reply. He just insisted that he verified and someone else was with him and verified there was NO ODER and there has NEVER been an oder in their pool area. I then asked him if he could check the chlorine level and maybe run some through it to clean it so I could maybe use it in the morning. He then suggested that this did not need to be done as the chlorine level was fine. Hmmmm I got off the phone feeling like a liar and that I was just called out on it or something. I was speechless.
The next morning I went to make a cup of coffe in their coffe pot and looked in where you put the water and it was discusting. I could not believe it. I took it downstairs and asked for the manager, the head of housekeeping told me she was the only one there at 630 am and took it from me and said she will wash it. Hmmmm no apology just left off to wash it.
The extra $25 I spent on this room for this kind of treatment and my experience here has been very disappointing. I wish I had stayed at the Days Inn. Staff is not helpful for friendly at all. I went down for another cup of coffe and the head of housekeeping seen me and just looked away, a guest asked her how she was and she replied, oh... trying to hang on with a discusted voice. The staff here has made me leave here feeling like a liar and not welcome at all. Will NEVER return.

Room Tip: my room overlooked the roof of the pool. Might request a different side than the pool
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Kamela_C, Director of Sales at Best Western Teal Lake Inn, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations, as we always strive to do so. We looked at the spa, and smelled it the same evening you reported the issues and several nights since then, actually it gets checked daily as required for a safe and healthy environment. Unfortunately we have not been able to smell what you encountered. We have also discussed your feedback with other customers to investigate what we are missing. I'm sorry to report we are not finding what you encountered. Maybe we use a different brand of cleaner and chorine then your custom to using. I'm not sure and really sorry. Thanks for mentioning the coffee pots, we have addressed the hard water build up with our housekeeping department and have begun the vinegar solution clean out for them. Once again Thank you for providing your feedback we do take it to heart and use it to improve. Have a nice weekend!!
Missouri City, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from an event and the rooms were nice but the beds were not pillow top like the prior Best Western. However, I the staff was nice and the rooms were excellent. I had left a few personal items and the desk supplied me with the items I forgot to bring. Also we left a cell phone in the room and the staff is going to mail it back to our home address so we are very lucky.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Carolyn M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Mexico
Days Inn Mexico
#3 of 6 in Mexico
Super 8 Kingdom City
Super 8 Kingdom City
#5 of 6 in Kingdom City

Been to Best Western Teal Lake Inn? Share your experiences!