All reviews kids enjoyed the pool area small town feel best hotel in town small breakfast area love seat driving for hours no elevator hot tub breakfast biscuits great night sleep fitness area hotel stay room was clean very pleased with our stay vending machine cold cereal free breakfast
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Stopped at this hotel on our way of a bike trip with no reservations the girl at the front desk was extremely helpful and upon noticing we were riding harleys made sure we got a bikers discount. It is a great thing that the best westerns do this had several other stops to make made me look for a best western every time

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Raymond C
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Was working in town and staying at Days Inn because it was $25 cheaper a night, the only thing it did not have that Best Western did was a pool and hot tub. I really needed the hot tub for my back so that last night in town I checked into the Best Western, Before I rented a room a went to see the hot tub to be sure the jets were powerful, I also asked to see a room. Looked ok so I checked in.
When getting into the hot tub I smelt something like perspiration or something, something that made me breath through my mouth it was so bad. I was hurting so bad I had to stay in and massage my sore muscles, I felt like I was bathing in someones horrible dirty body oder and dirt. It was horrible. After returning to my room I showered with soap to get whatever it was off my body. Now my swimsuite smelt like this too.
I called the front desk to nicely inform them of the oder so they could check it and maybe run some cleaner or chlorine through it. I told them I would love to use it again but the oder was too bad for me.
I got a call about 15 minutes later from the night manager telling me that he and someone else went in there and checked it out and there is absolutely NO ODER in the hot tub or pool area. Now Im sure he did not get his nose down in the hot tub. I asked him if he got down on his knees and smelt the water, I got no reply. He just insisted that he verified and someone else was with him and verified there was NO ODER and there has NEVER been an oder in their pool area. I then asked him if he could check the chlorine level and maybe run some through it to clean it so I could maybe use it in the morning. He then suggested that this did not need to be done as the chlorine level was fine. Hmmmm I got off the phone feeling like a liar and that I was just called out on it or something. I was speechless.
The next morning I went to make a cup of coffe in their coffe pot and looked in where you put the water and it was discusting. I could not believe it. I took it downstairs and asked for the manager, the head of housekeeping told me she was the only one there at 630 am and took it from me and said she will wash it. Hmmmm no apology just left off to wash it.
The extra $25 I spent on this room for this kind of treatment and my experience here has been very disappointing. I wish I had stayed at the Days Inn. Staff is not helpful for friendly at all. I went down for another cup of coffe and the head of housekeeping seen me and just looked away, a guest asked her how she was and she replied, oh... trying to hang on with a discusted voice. The staff here has made me leave here feeling like a liar and not welcome at all. Will NEVER return.

Room tip: my room overlooked the roof of the pool. Might request a different side than the pool
Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Kamela_C, Director of Sales at Best Western Teal Lake Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2013

Thank you for taking time to provide your feedback. I am very sorry we did not exceed your expectations, as we always strive to do so. We looked at the spa, and smelled it the same evening you reported the issues and several nights since then, actually it gets checked daily as required for a safe and healthy environment. Unfortunately we have not been able to smell what you encountered. We have also discussed your feedback with other customers to investigate what we are missing. I'm sorry to report we are not finding what you encountered. Maybe we use a different brand of cleaner and chorine then your custom to using. I'm not sure and really sorry. Thanks for mentioning the coffee pots, we have addressed the hard water build up with our housekeeping department and have begun the vinegar solution clean out for them. Once again Thank you for providing your feedback we do take it to heart and use it to improve. Have a nice weekend!!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stopped here on the way home from an event and the rooms were nice but the beds were not pillow top like the prior Best Western. However, I the staff was nice and the rooms were excellent. I had left a few personal items and the desk supplied me with the items I forgot to bring. Also we left a cell phone in the room and the staff is going to mail it back to our home address so we are very lucky.

Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Carolyn M
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Fifteen to Twenty mile off the interstate. Easy in and out. Clean, quiet, and comfortable. Breakfast area pretty small and might be congested if property is full. Did not see any staff at desk on several trips to the lobby area.

Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Richard B
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Rooms were clean, breakfast was average with waffle machine, oatmeal, pastries, fruit, juices, etc.. Staff was not well informed on the business meeting we were attending i.e., what time the shuttles were running, free goodie bag upon arrival that we had to ask for next day, etc..

Date of stay: October 2012