All reviewssmall breakfast arealove seatbest westernsgreat night sleepfitness areahot tubroom was cleanhotel staythe check in processnice poolfree breakfastfront desk personnice place to stayhotel roomking bedwould definitely stay here againmo
Reviewed October 5, 2010

After reading some glowing reviews , we made the mistake of booking this hotel during a busy weekend. We were placed in an upstairs smoking room (we were told no non-smoking rooms were available, despite being on a "wait list" for over 6 weeks.) When we questioned this on check-in, the cranky and overwhelmed front desk staff very loudly berated us. No elevator, no bell staff, and a very steep and narrow stairway led to the second floor. Left our larger bag in the car, then hauled what we could upstairs. Our second floor room was unbearably stuffy, with foul dead air, and absolutely no ventilation. Window was sealed shut. Carpet was ripped; you could see were the center of the room had been vaccuumed in the not too distant past, but thick layers of dust were visible under every piece of furniture. Surfaces were visibly soiled. Lousy bed, but the worst thing was , the blanket did not even fit-it was much too small for the king sized bed. The aggressive and hostile front desk staff refused to accept a cancellation-insisting that we would be charged whether we stayed or not. We never ventured down to the free breakfast-put off by the foul odors . Given all the wonderful reviews we read, I want to offer another perspective of this hotel. Our experience was very different than any of those we have read.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank jinfresno
Reviewed June 26, 2010

We were very pleased with everything about this hotel. The rooms were spotless, and the beds were extremely comfortable. What a nice selection of food they had at the continental breakfast ! (eggs,sausage, biscuits & gravy, rolls, juice, various types of fruit,etc.) This is definitely a place we will stay at again.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank FiftyStateTraveler
Reviewed September 17, 2009

Stayed here for 2 nights while in Missouri for a family reunion. The ctiy itself is small with nothing to do and no where to go, so it was nice finding a hotel that was comfortable enough to stay in when the family festivities were over. The hotel was clean enough. There was a swimming pool and jacuzzi. which the kids loved. Vending machine for convenience. The fitness room is small - literally the size of a walk in closet with 1 treadmill and 1 stationery bike. The rooms were fine. Nothing luxurious about them, but they were o.k. Continental breakfast was served and it was good. I was satisfied with the hotel choice. Another relative stayed at some Inn up the street and he liked our hotel better. This may be the best place to stay in Mexico, as I've heard complaints about the Days Inn, Budget Inn, and I think the Red Roof Inn. There are not many hotel options.

Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank imani99
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Teal Lake Inn for a family wedding in Martinsburg. The price was unbelievable. I don't think I have ever paid so little for such a lot! The room was clean, quiet, roomy, and well-equipped. We had 2 queen beds, a refrigerator and microwave. The breakfast area was VERY clean, and the staff were extremely pleasant and cheerful. The pool area was pretty good - they seem to have a bug issue - some small beetles (dead and alive), but nothing that made us stay out of the pool or hot tub. The breakfast was one of the best I have ever had at a hotel that offers hot breakfast. One thing I found a little concerning was that the outside access doors did not lock, so I suppose anyone could come in who didn't have a room at the hotel, but it's a pretty safe area and it didn't keep me from sleeping at night or worry me that my teenage kids were walking to and from the breakfast, vending, or workout areas alone. I would stay here again! I also encouraged the rest of my family to stay here next time instead of cramming into my relatives' homes for a family event!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank ArmyNurse2
Reviewed December 13, 2008

The beds are very hard and the hotel is in need of some renovating. The staff is great however you have to drive 45 minutes to Columbia, Missouri to eat.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)