“Impressed beyond belief...”

Ranked #28 of 40 Restaurants in Maryville
Maryville, Missouri
“Impressed beyond belief...”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Moving to Maryville from Omaha, I was afraid I would not be able to find a good Mexican restaurant to eat at in this city. My experience with one other restaurant in the area did not make a good impression. I found out about this gem from a coworker and VERY glad I decided to check them out.

Lets start with service... I got addressed by each and every person who came by my table. One of them I believe was the manager. Great teamwork as well... my server did not have to do his job alone. And speaking of my server, awesome guy! Very personable. He made plenty of great suggestions for my meal when he saw I was struggling with the menu. I did not linger at my table waiting for a drink either... he kept me hydrated with water and margaritas.

My food was out to me immediately... tortilla chips, warm queso and salsa the minute I sat down; a margarita within a minute of the request; and my entrees and appetizers out within 10 minutes. No, the restaurant was not dead... there were at least 8 other tables that were occupied.

The value was great as well... the server recommended a burrito that was filled with meat and veggies (no skimping on the meat either) that was nearly the size of my forearm... $10. Combine this with the fact that I had two appetizers a le carte and two drinks, my bill was aroudn $20 after taxes. You cannot beat prices like this on quality food. If you want to keep it cheap, you can easily keep your meal under $15.

Food was AMAZING... I seriously could have photographed the freshness of that burrito and slapped it on any billboard in the city. Drink were perfectly mixed... I didn't gag on tequila or wonder why there was not enough in them. I'm really impressed they offer both queso and salsa with their chips... some places I know charge you more is you want queso.

I was very impressed with this restaurant. I look forward to going back!

• Visited June 2014

Maryville, Missouri
“Sub par would be generous”
Reviewed February 17, 2014

Place seems to be busy a lot. I guess when you go to a Mexican place to eat and get your taco in a shell like you can buy at the store, that'll bring the review down. It's not difficult to fry your own shells. I do it at home all the time. Everyone's food was poor-average. Best food was kids cheese crisp.

Visited August 2013
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“I like it, but we have few options here in Maryville”
Reviewed February 13, 2014

Really this restaurant deserves four stars from me, simply because this is one of the better options in Maryville. I gave it three because I still have the ability to drive to a better mexican restaurant.

The salsa as mentioned before is extremely bland, but that is awfully typical for a place like this. The food is plentiful and I honestly have never had a bad dinner at the place. The service is usually pretty good, but sometimes you had to flag them down to actually get you a refill. The place is your run of the mill generic mexican place.

Advice: Pick up a local school newspaper or local paper as they (in the case of the Northwest Missourian) always have a half off one entree or more coupon.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank ChrisS817
Overland Park, Kansas
“You won't starve”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Standard Mexican decor, music, extensive menu. I wasn't very hungry, so I ordered off the ala carte menu. Apparently they don't do small portions, the 2 tamales I ordered were covered in beans, meat, cheese and sauce. Of course there was the standard chips and salsa. I agree with other reviews, chips are good, salsa is more like a bland tomato sauce. I even tried to spice it up with some of the hot sauces on the tables. Tamales were good, nothing special.

Visited October 2013
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
“We were never seated.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Restaurant is very clean, food looks delicious. Me and a friend walked in on 10/18/13, we waited 5 minutes to be seated. Which is very good! As soon as our server walked us out into the dining area, he asked us where we would like to be seated, I requested a booth, he pointed to 2 big open booths where we would sitting by strangers, I declined and pointed towards a booth that would sit 4 people and said a booth like that? He said ok, handed us menus and walked off, leaving us in the middle of the dinning area with a crowd staring at us. The table I pointed at was cluttered with plates and drinks.

I've never ever had this happen to me. We weren't seated, and I wasn't going to sit at a table that hadn't been cleaned off yet. I mean dishes and glasses were still piled up on it. I put the menus he handed us onto the table near us, walked out and told the server who was getting ready to sit the next group "I just got a call and need to meet my friends at another place." His response? "Ok."

Don't get me wrong, the place looked great, the food I saw looked so good. But my personal experience was extremely poor.

• Visited October 2013