“About what you'd expect...”
Review of Mandarin Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mandarin Restaurant
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Checked out the Mandarin for their Fri/Sat Seafood buffet. At $9 I wasn't expecting much and thankfully they met that expectation.

Service was great- friendly waiters and hosts. No issues there. Though nothing remarkable to note.

Food was good... the frog legs were amazing. Appetizers were pretty average. Crab legs were pretty limited, though I was one of two tables in the restaurant and it was gearing up to close. Some of the selections were a little cold, though cannot say there were any bad items in the buffet.

The restaurant had clean facilities for the most part. They really need to look into napkin dispensers for the tables or possible having them in the buffet line... the staff didn't check on my table until I went up for more, so I never got a chance to tell them I needed more.

Will say this... if I was not dining on a budget, I'd have been a lot harsher. Though for $9 all you can eat ANYTHING, this was adequate. I'd recommend going... chances are I will be back.

There are newer reviews for Mandarin Restaurant
Reviewed February 13, 2014

The Mandarin looks like an excellent Chinese place, but really has sub-par food. I always feel really horrible after eating here, not being of overindulgence, but maybe there is something in it like MSG or just too much oil.

When it was $5 I did not mind so much the horrible feeling and the low quality of various chicken dishes, but now that it costs $20 for two people to buffet, I find myself craving Chinese Food from a land far away.

The staff has always been really nice and they recently expanded the variety of food options, but the quality is really bad.