“Not a family friendly hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport

Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Perryville, Missouri
“Not a family friendly hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I have always been impressed with Drury hotels and I have stayed at the several times and enjoy all the extras. The hotel was very clean and all of the free extras are great. The rooms are rather small compared to some other Drury hotels and their competition. If you have kids that like to use the pool then good luck. There were people smoking around the pool and you couldn't hardly get away from it so we didn't let the kids play too long before we had to get away from the smoke. The next night there were people drinking and smoking poolside. They had there feet in the water while they were smoking and drinking. I had to watch my kids be heartbroken because I told them that they couldn't go swimming that night because I was not going to let them be exposed to this. I called the front desk and I was told that they didn't allow smoking the pool area but when I went down and said something then I was told that do allow it and that we could just try to go to the other side to get away from it. That wasn't possible in this situation. I was very disappointed because I have had excellent experiences with Drury in the past. I won't be staying at this one again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank familymanMO

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Missouri, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

Drury is always wonderful. It is so clean and with all the upgrades. The staff are great and the breakfast is always hot and good. The staff are always friendly and so helpful. First had reservations at Days Inns and it was disgusting. Left and was trying to find a room at 11 at night with three small children, including a 3 month old baby. Stopped and one Drury and they wee booked but the clerk stopped and searched for us another room. He got us a room at another Drury just 5 miles away. Will stay again and again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Davis, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

A very friendly staff, cocktails and food at night, decent breakfast in the morning. About a 1/2 hour from downtown STL. No fresh fruit for breakfast and the coffee is just ok. But no one has good coffee out here.

• Stayed July 2013
Maryville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2013

Really great friendly, caring staff. Nice perks. Extremely clean. Called me by my first name, when I called the front desk. MORE ELECTRICAL OUTLETS THAN ANY HOTEL THAT I HAVE STAYED IN. The outlets were safe and intelligently located at the desk and at the bed. To me that alone was worth it, from a business trip perspective. Definitely meets Drurys' consistent high standards.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul-Scheberle
Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were simply blown away by this hotel! Clean hotels are an absolute must for me and this one did not disappoint. Our room was spotless; the bathroom was spotless; the hallways were vacuumed and clean; the gathering room for meals was clean. Speaking of meals...what hotel can you stay at for $89 a night and get an incredible "snack" time at 5:30 that includes meatballs, mostaccioli, salad, nachos and cheese, broccoli soup, all the soft drinks you want, as well as limited alcoholic drinks? Oh yeah, free popcorn and sodas start at 3:00. Just sayin'. All the staff from the front desk people, to the food servers, to the housekeeping crew all had pleasant expressions on their faces and would actually speak when spoken to and not just grunt and look like they wanted to escape for a smoke. 85% of the hotel is smoke-free, I believe, which is better than nothing. I prefer a completely smoke-free hotel, but Missouri is a bit behind in the whole healthy kick that other states have implemented. I saw one of the managers in the hall and told him I would be writing a rave review. He immediately stuck out his hand and shook mine and sincerely thanked me.

Room Tip: Top floor houses the smoking rooms. If you don't want exposed to carcinogens, ask for a ground f...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank IllinoisMusicMom
Riverton, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Staff was top notch from the moment I walked in. During the welcome reception you didnt even have to get out of your chair to throw anything away. they came and got it. They also made meaningful chat with you. Not just the standard "Hi, How are you?". The food was good, Rooms were clean. Breakfast was great as well. If you don't care for what they have there is a Bandanas Barbeque right next door.
I will be back.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Fordman9870
Columbia, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

The staff at this Drury Inn impressed me as I walked in the door. Friendly smiles and greetings all around. I had reserved a room in order to attend an event across the street. On my arrival, the king I had asked for was not available immediately. I was offered the choice of waiting a short time or switch to a room with 2 doubles.As I was traveling by myself, it really didn't matter to me, but the manager offered me 50% off my room rate for accepting the other.
Every person I saw during my stay made a point to say hello, ask me if everything was ok, and wish me a great day, all with smiles.
The room I stayed in was comfortable, clean and in great shape.The bathroom is a little small, but it worked for me. The LG flat screen was great, and I love free WiFi. The room had plenty of outlets for my laptop and phone charger. I hate when you have to unplug a light to plug in my own items, but that wasn't the case here. The room had a small refrigerator and microwave, which is nice for families.
I grabbed some breakfast before heading out, and the selection was good, hot food hot, and cold food cold.
I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo