“Great as always”

Ranked #9 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Mattoon, Illinois
“Great as always”
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I was treaveling to St. Louis area on business and I decided to say at thid Drury as I always make it a habits to stay at Drury Inns. This was just as gooas as any I have stayed at. I think this Drury Inn had the most polite staff i have ever encountered. It was a nice way to be greeted after a long day working away from home...Keep up the great work

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank smokeyjsbbq

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Woodridge, Illinois
Reviewed April 4, 2012

My family stayed at the Drury this past weekend for a tournament that we were attending and our stay was average at best. At $89 I felt it was over priced.

The lobby and meal area is very nice. Both areas have been updated and show very well. The guestrooms however were very small, including the smallest bathroom I have ever seen. The rooms were very dark (dreary) and decor was outdated, plus the beds were terrible. Not one of us got a good nights sleep. Service was average, about what I would expect from a hotel of its size. The only pool is outdoors so based on weather you may be able to enjoy it, and there was a small fitness room with relatively decent equipment.

In regards to the free breakfast and evening kickback, they are nothing to rave about. Free is Free and dont expect quality. The food was average quality and was limited in quantity and selection. Upon check in you get drink tickets and the actual drinks come in very small 6oz plastic cups, not that I expected a full pint. Again it was free....just dont expect high quality. On the plus side the hotel is right next to Bandana's which has some decent BBQ, although Pappy's is probably better but in this case convenience wins. Another thing that was free was the wi fi internet service. Although the service is complimentary, it is SLOW and downloads or streaming are virtually impossible. I wanted to make sure my device was not the problem so I logged on with my Ipad, laptop, and Android phone to use the service and all 3 crawled at the the speed of molasses. I cant see this being a plus for any business travelers.

All in all I think it is an OK hotel. There are certainly better ones in the area, and at comparable cost. Dont let the lure of free breakfast and the evening kick back be your sole deciding factor.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank ChgoMikeR
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport, responded to this review, April 13, 2012
We appreciate hearing from our guests and thank you for the feedback from your recent stay. We will share your comments regarding the décor of the hotel with our design team and have addressed the internet issue. If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know how we can help. Again, thanks for the feedback and we do hope we will have a chance to see you as our guest again soon.

Kevin Wheeler
Drury Inn & Suites-Westport,
Riverview, Michigan
Reviewed March 22, 2012

What a treat we had a the Drury Inn last week. The staff treats you like guests in their home. There were two desk clerks checking me in and they were efficient but greeted me as if I had been there many times instead of this being my first visit. The evening reception was so fun - the staff, including Corey (one of the desk clerks) and the hostess, were superb. They made sure everyone had everything they wanted, taking empty plates, getting more soft drinks, and, in the case of Corey, entertaining the guests. We made a joke of him trying to be professional - he was just having way too much fun - and we enjoyed him immensely. The reception offers so much variety - hot dogs, baked potatoes, mac n cheese, salad, soup, and even more. They even offer beer, wine, and a small list of mixed drinks - all for no extra cost!!!! We will definitely put the Drury on our lists of places to return.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed March 21, 2012

Once again our stay at this Drury Inn on Dorsett Road in Maryland Heights, MO was a delightful one. The entire staff was friendly, helpful and made us feel right at home. The biscuits at breakfast are the best that we have had on the road. We highly recommend this hotel for your stay in St. Louis because of staff, cleanliness, and easy access to highway 270.

Room Tip: Corner room at front of hotel are large.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed January 28, 2012

I would only stay here if I ever have to be in the St.Louis area again. Even if it means longer than usual commute across town. The staff are great, the amenities and rooms very nice for the price. The 5:30 kick-back (evening appetizers for the uninitiated) is just icing on the cake.

Highly recommended! I review quite few locations on Trip Advisor, and I couldn't want a better place to stay on my 200+ nights/year on the road (at least until I win the lottery...)

Room Tip: any room is good: quite, large, clean.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Robert B
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The staff was excellent. They were friendly, helpful, and seemed to really enjoy their jobs. The breakfast and 5:30 snack were enough for a meal. The hotel has very easy access to highway 270. I would highly recommend this hotel to any St. Louis visitor.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Lebanon, Missouri
Reviewed December 12, 2011

We always stay in Drury Inn if we can. The staff is always great. The rooms are cleaning and comfy.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Smile002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Westport
#4 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Creve Coeur

Been to Drury Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!