Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
St.louis
“Worst place to stay”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Beaware of this hotel. Rooms were not at all clean. They smell like hell and also the carpet is dirty. Tried to change the room but the issue remains same. They are not at all good. Never ever stay in this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Maddy - Thank you for the feedback about your stay at our hotel. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the level of cleanliness at our hotel were not in-line with our company's standards. I discussed your comments with the team, and we are working hard to get these issues corrected.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tschwab@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better experience the next time you're in the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Nice staff. Incredible location .
The rooms are nicely equiped maybe more pots and pans would be a good idea.
Had a very good overall experience .
Could use a more frequent cleaning of trash deposit areas.
Everything worked perfectly
Would recomend it again for work or for pleassuer .

• Stayed April 2013
Percy - Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the staff and hotel accommodations.

St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lack of staff, poor housekeeping, inept management. A terrible experience. Walking from the parking lot to the room late at night is nerve wracking. The office is often unattended. The housekeeping staff can be very rude and is not thorough; they seem to rush through cleaning the rooms so that they can congregate and smoke. No one is supervising so they get away with it. Unsanitary. Unsafe.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The overall service you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am going to be personally following up with all staff to ensure our proper standards at the front desk and also in housekeeping are followed. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tschwab@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.
cleveland,ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

From the outside the hotel looked pretty new. Actually it's newer than the other extended stay. The other down the street doesn't have an elevator.
The hallway smelled like smoke and so did the room. When we were checking in, this guy was at the front desk complaining because he didn't have a phone on his room and he was told he gets a bigger screen tv. We joked with the poor girl (Erin) at the front desk because he was giving her a rough time.
We got to the room and noticed we didn't have any hangers to hang our clothes. It wasn't even worth calling to get any. Erin called from the front desk to make sure we had what we needed.
I ate a candy bar and when I walked back to the night stand, there was an ant crawling near it. So I'm left to assume they have ants.
There was a chair in the room that had so many stains on it it was hard to look at. The shower has strains of hair in it, which I expected because most hotels like this don't clean their showers well.
No hotel shuttle so you have to have a car or take a cab. Cab ride is about $21 to the airport.
I really don't like extended stays anyway but it just confirmed why I don't.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank tayshan1
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the cleanliness of your accommodation. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Standard cleaning procedures include a thorough cleaning and disinfecting of kitchens and bathrooms. Additionally, prior to making any room available, we inspect it to ensure that our normal procedures have been followed. Given the account you described, there was clearly an unacceptable break down in our regular operations, so I have met with my staff to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Spartanburg, South Carolina, USA
Reviewed March 19, 2013

This was an experience I'll never have again in my life. The room was terrible, stains all in the carpet, bathroom was half cleaned, parts missing off recliner, holes in walls, dirt and food under microwave, poor lighting and the tv kept cutting off all the time. They are under new manangement and up can tell.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Hardy8539
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, March 20, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The overall experience you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am personally working with the staff and new management on the cleanliness of each guest room. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tschwab@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I will never stay at an Extended Stay America EVER again!!! I had many problems while I was there and even had to deal with their corporate headquarters and insurance provider. From top to bottom this is a bad company. Multiple people in management positions and corporate employees told me lies about reimbursements and avoided or never returned my calls. I thought about taking them to small claims court but decided bad karma and a terrible review on this website would suffice. Due to my experience at this property I could likely not even physically get to sleep if i was in one of their rooms and they are lucky I am not posting a more detailed review of my experience.

Room Tip: A couple of friendly front desk clerks did not make up for the horrible experience I had
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank onebadreview
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, February 28, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not completely enjoyable and that follow up to your issues was not to your satisfaction. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I would like to discuss your stay further at your earliest convenience. Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at tschwab@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed February 7, 2013

After a one night stay at another property which was disgusting I moved here for a week's stay that eventually turned into two weeks and multiple rooms. The staff and management were amazing especially Lisa and Erin and all the other front desk staff. I will stay here again. They made me feel like home!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the staff made you feel at home. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#5 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Courtyard St. Louis Westport Plaza
Courtyard St. Louis Westport Pla...
#7 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.

Property: Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.
Address: 11827 Lackland Road, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146
Location: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Maryland Heights
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Extended Stay, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extendedstay St. Louis Westport Hotel Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO