“You get what you pay for but the staff does make it better”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed December 20, 2012

Well as the extended stay america is a sister hotel of the studio deluxe plus. The extended stay america is better but not were I would recommend staying.

Staff- the staff was good and tried to help me in almost every way. They even had a cook out on fourth of July and always was able to get me extra towels.

Cleaniness- It was ok but I do not think they clean everywhere when you stay longer then a week and they defiantly do not clean the dishes. Your toilet is probably just wiped not actually cleaned.

If you want to only spend 50 dollars a night it is worth it but other then that I would not go here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank frank w
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to thank you for your positive comments about our staff at the Extended Stay America St. Louis Westport. It’s great to hear that the staff was helpful and also that you enjoyed our 4th of July BBQ.

I am so disappointed that the cleanliness of your room during your stay was not up to your expectations. Please understand that we maintain strict quality control standards, which demand that every room is inspected prior to making it available to our guests. Clearly there was a failure in our system during your stay. In response to your comments, I’ve personally met with all of our staff and used your review to demonstrate in which specific areas we can improve.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at tschwab@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I do a lot of traveling for work and was looking for something economical yet accommodating. However, this extended stay is worse than a cheap motel anywhere. I had to switch my room twice. Upon entering my second room, the smell was horrid (smelled like trash or feet), but I kept the room anyways since I was told that there was no other rooms available. Later on that night when I got into bed, I discovered small black hairs all over the place. It seemed as if the bed sheets were never changed from the previous hotel guest. I have stayed a Extended Stays before but this has been my worst experience yet! No customer service at all.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. The level of housekeeping you described is not acceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience. I am personally following up with the staff and management at the hotel to ensure that these type housekeeping issues do not happen again in the future. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at tschwab@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided on an impromptu trip to St. Louis for the weekend. Since we planned to site see and check out the music scene we wanted to stay someplace inexpensive. The woman at the front desk was friendly, we arrived late, and the weather was rainy so it was pretty quiet. The room was pretty small, nothing fancy. The room had a kitchenette which I can see might come in handy. The bathroom appeared to have been remodeled. What I thought was odd was that the hotel didn't provide shampoo, just bath soap which after two uses was gone. There was also no hair dryer which I thought was a standard item found in most hotels these days. According to the sign in the bathroom unless you paid extra, you could get clean towels at the front desk but there would not be any cleaning in your room which is fine by me because I don't care for cleaning people in my room especially if I am only there a day or two - I am pretty neat. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign to put on the door, and I was surprised when housekeeping pounded on the door the next morning. We thought we might stay another night, but when we checked with the front desk the rate practically doubled so we thought we would go elsewhere. It was ok. It was a little far from the downtown area, but if you are passing through and want to stay someplace cheap it wasn't horrible.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonyastravels
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Upon arrival to this hotel it seemed cramped and crowded. However, once I spoke to the front desk staff to check in and the manager, I was placed at ease. GREAT customer service with plenty of places to eat. The room was great with all the amenities I expected. If you are looking for a place that is both economical and convenient....look no further !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Don L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have stayed over 3 weeks with the amazing staff at the Westport St. Louis Extended Stay. They have an incredibly awesome and accommodating front desk staff and management team. They do everything to make your stay incredible. Clean Rooms, Wood Floors in Kitchen and Bathroom areas, clean Studio Style Apartments, Comfortable Beds, Great Recliner and Cable along with FREE WiFi for your Cell and Laptop and anything else you need to connect. I highly recommend checking out this hotel, this is not a fake ad, this is truly from a client whom travels quite a bit and knows the St. Louis market, you will be happy for the price that you choose this hotel. If you don't like the smell of the room stay off the 2nd and 3rd Floors because they are for smokers who smoke inside, Hotels can't do much about those rooms, so choose the first floor. They just remodeled the whole inside and out and its a well looked after property. Your right next to a 24 hour quick trip, Hooters, tons of Restaurants and Westport Plaza with more bars, restaurants, clubs and shops. Everywhere else is anywhere from 20-200 more per night plus taxes, parking and additional hidden fee's plus wireless... Why pay for that when your only going to sleep in your room while gone.

Room Tip: Remember to choose the GROUND FLOOR if you want none smoking. Floors 2 & 3 are hit or miss and r...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Howie - It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. The staff and I are very proud of the improvements which have been made to our property and even more excited to hear they are impressing our guests too. Our goal is to provide each of our guests - whether they are staying a night, a week, a month, or longer - great service and a great room at a great price. It is extremely rewarding to know we have done just that with you.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel was remodeled recently, and the general condition of the room was pretty good for the price paid, no odor, clean room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again if traveling there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I are extremely proud to know that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them as well.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Conviently located. Nice area friendly staff. Room was clean ample amount of towels. Love the cable channels

• Stayed: July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America St. Louis - Westport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#8 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
#9 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
Quality Inn Florissant
Quality Inn Florissant
#1 of 3 in Florissant
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.

Address: 11827 Lackland Rd, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146-4205
Location: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Maryland Heights
Ranked #17 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Price Range: $71 - $83 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extendedstay St. Louis Westport Hotel Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO