“You get what you pay for.”

Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I decided on an impromptu trip to St. Louis for the weekend. Since we planned to site see and check out the music scene we wanted to stay someplace inexpensive. The woman at the front desk was friendly, we arrived late, and the weather was rainy so it was pretty quiet. The room was pretty small, nothing fancy. The room had a kitchenette which I can see might come in handy. The bathroom appeared to have been remodeled. What I thought was odd was that the hotel didn't provide shampoo, just bath soap which after two uses was gone. There was also no hair dryer which I thought was a standard item found in most hotels these days. According to the sign in the bathroom unless you paid extra, you could get clean towels at the front desk but there would not be any cleaning in your room which is fine by me because I don't care for cleaning people in my room especially if I am only there a day or two - I am pretty neat. There was no "Do Not Disturb" sign to put on the door, and I was surprised when housekeeping pounded on the door the next morning. We thought we might stay another night, but when we checked with the front desk the rate practically doubled so we thought we would go elsewhere. It was ok. It was a little far from the downtown area, but if you are passing through and want to stay someplace cheap it wasn't horrible.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sonyastravels
Region39, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about your room. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

I am eager to respond to your concerns regarding our hotel amenities. It is our mission to provide a clean, comfortable room at a great rate for business and leisure travelers. To that end, we don't put items like shampoo bottles, shower caps, or face lotions within a room prior to a guest's arrival. That's because although these things are perceived as being "free" at other hotels, you still end up paying for them in your nightly rate. However, given our commitment to your satisfaction, we do have a limited supply of complimentary sundries available upon request at the front desk. Doing business this way allows us to continue to offer great rooms at exceptional rates. I am truly sorry that we were unable to communicate our offering effectively to you before you arrived.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Upon arrival to this hotel it seemed cramped and crowded. However, once I spoke to the front desk staff to check in and the manager, I was placed at ease. GREAT customer service with plenty of places to eat. The room was great with all the amenities I expected. If you are looking for a place that is both economical and convenient....look no further !

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Don L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our company motto is "Excellence Every Day, Every Way", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I have stayed over 3 weeks with the amazing staff at the Westport St. Louis Extended Stay. They have an incredibly awesome and accommodating front desk staff and management team. They do everything to make your stay incredible. Clean Rooms, Wood Floors in Kitchen and Bathroom areas, clean Studio Style Apartments, Comfortable Beds, Great Recliner and Cable along with FREE WiFi for your Cell and Laptop and anything else you need to connect. I highly recommend checking out this hotel, this is not a fake ad, this is truly from a client whom travels quite a bit and knows the St. Louis market, you will be happy for the price that you choose this hotel. If you don't like the smell of the room stay off the 2nd and 3rd Floors because they are for smokers who smoke inside, Hotels can't do much about those rooms, so choose the first floor. They just remodeled the whole inside and out and its a well looked after property. Your right next to a 24 hour quick trip, Hooters, tons of Restaurants and Westport Plaza with more bars, restaurants, clubs and shops. Everywhere else is anywhere from 20-200 more per night plus taxes, parking and additional hidden fee's plus wireless... Why pay for that when your only going to sleep in your room while gone.

Room Tip: Remember to choose the GROUND FLOOR if you want none smoking. Floors 2 & 3 are hit or miss and r...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

Howie - It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. The staff and I are very proud of the improvements which have been made to our property and even more excited to hear they are impressing our guests too. Our goal is to provide each of our guests - whether they are staying a night, a week, a month, or longer - great service and a great room at a great price. It is extremely rewarding to know we have done just that with you.

Reviewed July 28, 2012

The hotel was remodeled recently, and the general condition of the room was pretty good for the price paid, no odor, clean room. Staff was friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again if traveling there.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. The staff and I are extremely proud to know that we not only met your expectations, but exceeded them as well.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Conviently located. Nice area friendly staff. Room was clean ample amount of towels. Love the cable channels

• Stayed: July 2012
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at the Extended Stay America St. Louis - Westport. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our company motto is ""Excellence Every Day, Every Way"", and my promise to you is that we will continue to operate according to this practice; after all, that's how Extended Stay Hotels(sm) got to be the largest extended stay lodging brand in North America.

Reviewed May 17, 2012

I should have heeded the warnings for this place from the earlier reviews! Never again will I stay at this location. Although my room was clean, it smelled of old smoke. I went to the store and bought Lysol spray and Fabreeze. I sprayed everything from the carpet to the drapes. There was an old nasty looking recliner in the room. I sprayed it and covered it with a baby blanket I had in my car. This was a business trip, generally we don't know how long we are going to be in one place, so I booked it till the end of the month. I actually only stayed 6 days. I informed the lady at the desk and she told me I would be recieving a refund for the days not used and that I had a corporate rate for my company. After I checked out. I called the office and was informed that since I only stayed 6 days, not 7, that not only did my corporate rate not count, bu I was changed to a daily rate. It was a direct contridiction to what I had been told while I was there. Needless to say, I never got my refund. All I can say that if I had known I would be charged the daily rate, I would have chosen a nicer place to lay my head. The room was nothing to brag about. There were people living there who looked like vagrants walking the halls. The room and hall smelled awful. I may have had bed bugs as I felt things crawling on me, but I didn't seem to have any bites..until the day AFTER I checked out! I was very dissatisfied with the "I don't care" attitude of the staff. There was only one lady there who seemed to care...and she wasn't the Manager. I wouldn't recommed this place to my worst enemy.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have slightly less noise. The kids running down the halls won't echo so much.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheryl J
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd., responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

Reviewed May 14, 2012

Room 113 has bed bugs. Manager refused to acknowledge that this was a possibility stating there were none discovered upon examination and offered to put me in another room. RIGHT! And even though I was given a refund, what concerned me was the lack of responsibility to take precautionary action for the next guest staying in that room. The bites I received have all identifying markers of bed bug bites and the eradication of them from my luggage and clothing has been a huge inconvenience as well as painful. Buyer Beware! This hotel was sold out with insurance adjusters/contractors.....hope they don't experience what I did. Horrible experience!

Room Tip: Bed bugs in room 113. The manager stated they had an exterminator come out and couldn't find an...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank eddy c

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
Days Inn - ST. Louis/Westport MO
#6 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - Central
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Comfort Inn Westport
Comfort Inn Westport
#10 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Red Roof Inn St. Louis Westport

Been to Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd.

Address: 11827 Lackland Rd, Maryland Heights, Saint Louis, MO 63146-4205
Location: United States > Missouri > Saint Louis > Maryland Heights
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Price Range: $63 - $133 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Extended Stay, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotwire so you can book your Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Extendedstay St. Louis Westport Hotel Maryland Heights
Extended Stay America - St. Louis - Westport - East Lackland Rd. Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO