“Rooms way over priced !!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel

Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
Ranked #13 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Carbondale, Illinois
“Rooms way over priced !!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Stayed in a 3rd floor "non-smoking" room and it was anything but non-smoking. The room wreaked of cig smoke and was not clean at all. When I booked I upgraded to to a Deluxe King for $207 a night. What a rip off ! Stayed in nicer hotel rooms for a lot less. When I complained about the smoke smell, front desk gave me the lame excuse the second floor was smoking and the smell drifts up throught the vents. Drive a few miles away to stay if you are here for the casino is my recommendation.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stephen S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Rapid City, South Dakota
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 5, 2014

Traveling military family and was sold when the on-line hotel information said "luxury hotel" & "pet friendly" all in one.. Paid our pet fees signed our pet policy, took our dogs out two-three times a day, walking them through the front lobby. On the third night at 8pm they sent three bouncers/security guards banging on our door like they were the police telling us we had to vacate the premises because we were not in a pet friendly room and they didn't allow dogs over 50lbs... Not our fault but we packed up & left.. 5yr old daughter in tears, se thought they were going to take our dog, when we asked questions and pointed out they were wrong the receptionist just looked at us & stuttered.. She was clueless!! Their scare tactics they used to kick our family out was unnecessary, it was their mistake, and they all leaned up against the front desk and snickered at us as we rolled our stuff through te lobby! They allow drunk people to stagger all over their building and roam the hall ways, but my dog was the problem... Their web sites are misleading and are a trap! Their employees are clueless... Please don't give this place your business!!

• Stayed May 2014
4 Thank Kristylyn26
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

room updated and very comfortable - great steak house. Maids very helpful offering extra bottled water and extra coffee. check in fast. Parking garage easily accessible. Bell hops will come to garage.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel 2 nights and played in the Casino 6 hours in 2 sessions. The hotel is much improved since Hollywood bought it from Harrahs- friendly service and decor and upkeep of rooms is nicer. Lots of decorating improvements in both the public spaces and rooms. Bed very comfortable and housekeeping efficient with very clean room. Valet service is quick and efficient at the hotel and we used it 3 times. Loved the "Aroma" coffee shop with such friendly and efficient help. I was there at closing one day and saw how they clean the pastries counter and shelving. I figured they did it once a week ( took it all apart) and the clerk said "oh no we are required to do this each day" .
The casino is very large with both table games and slots of all types galore. Free coffee and soft drinks. Friendly slot and beverage service. I did not win- but others in party did- and hey they have to pay the light and gas bill someway.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Motion22
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

Not only are the rooms 1970's ish. The place is filled with smoke. The casino machines are the tightest I've ever seen. Ever since harrahs left it. The place has gone to shhit. They cut corners everywhere. Way understaffed all the way down to valet.

• Stayed April 2014
4 Thank Chrispyszka
Jefferson City, Missouri
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Going to a casino you should expect to lose money unless luck is on your side. After staying here I realized after leaving I had left over $300 (my fault i know) of items in my room. I have called numerous times to only get transferred to lost and found and each every time I have been transferred to an answering machine. The fact that I do not have my items is no longer an issue, I needed to know if I should be repurchasing the items I left behind and left a message for them to call be back to confirm whether or not they had the items. I have never heard a word. This casino was my third choice as the other two were completely booked. I can see why this one had plenty of availability now...

• Stayed April 2014
5 Thank Jamnd
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2014

We were on our way to our final destination and decided to take an overnight break. Checking online with Priceline.com, we booked a room at this hotel because we wanted to gamble a little for entertainment as well for just one night....Holy Cow! Only after we had unloaded the luggage and carry it up to the counter did the staff offer to carry it up to our room for a fee...LOL!! Then, while we were struggling to get through the doors...tired, worn out and carrying luggage...Staff just stood there watching us!! Never offered to help hold the door or anything. I guess if you don't have a tip in your hand at this place you don't even get courtesy!! Next time we'll stay at Ameristar!!!

Room Tip: Don't use an online service to book your room!! We got stuck in the very last room at the end of...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Foodgod1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
River City Casino & Hotel
River City Casino & Hotel
#15 of 121 in Saint Louis
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#14 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. Louis - Westport
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel St. L...
#3 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel? Share your experiences!