All reviews boogie nights large casino st louis nice room shuttle service gambling charlie rodeo comps hops arch missouri
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Stayed here with my mother during the World Series. While looking for the best way to travel to the game, I asked the Bell Captain. He responded that they provide a shuttle to the airport where we could catch the Metrolink to the stadium. When I asked the shuttle driver about returning, he gave me a card to call. I called the number after the game and was told that the shuttle was no longer available. That was inexcusable. We rode the train back to the airport where we had to wait 30 minutes for a taxi ride. Got back to hotel 2.5 hours after the game. Beds were comfortable.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank hover35
Reviewed October 26, 2013

REALLY......trying to nickel and dime you....never coming back....Even if your room is ready ...Even if it's free.....if you come before three you pay a ten dollar charge....you are here to gamble ....never had a casino charge for coming to early.....guess if anyone has traveled you want to be there before the traffic gets bad...when going to this casino we had a five mile backup and that was at noon.....traveled for miles just wanted to shower change clothes and GAMBLE....But we didn't want to give into this practice of paying because we are here before three.....so we gambled for one hour ..couldn't find any place open for a meal..nothing opens till four...so then we decided we would not gamble the amount we usually would play we would just hang out and never come back to this casino....when harrahs was the owner you never had these problems....we will not be coming back ....instead we will find another casino to play....Our host made all the arrangements so we had no idea of this stupid rule...Oh Slots ....half are cashman......don't bother stopping here...

5  Thank NyGambler
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed here on a drop of a dime. We flew in from Mexico and didn't want to drive all night home so we looked on expedia and found a room for 89 dollars plus tax. We gambled and were not disappointed.

The person working the service desk was great. I forget his name but he was a short black dude. He apologized like 10 times because the valet and bus service was not 24 hours. Either way for that price I was not going to complaint. Not only that but we arrived at midnight.

I will say that with this being a casino, such services should be available around the clock. If a casino expects 24 hour gambling, the least they can do is have 24 accommodations.

The room was fabulous. Not much on a view as you overlook the parking garage but if you play it just right you can park your car within view. The parking lot was well lit, and it provided ample places to park. In addition to all this the parking was free. The bed was a king size bed, with a 32 in television and a work area with a pull out couch. The room was clean and well maintained. This place is fairly new and it shows. The bathroom was over the top. The toilet is separated from the rest of the bathroom and it has a perfect area for my wife to place all her getting ready apparatuses. The tub was a one person sit in tub, and the water pressure was amazing after an 8 hour flight.

Overall I was very pleased with this stay. It is a bit of a drive from downtown St. Louis, I would put it as a 30 minute drive on a good day. You have to fight downtown traffic and airport traffic but it is fairly reasonable. The place was under construction while we were there so, as far as its full potential I would say this place isn't there yet. There is a lot of construction going on inside of it. And that's putting it mildly. They are literally hanging ceilings and replacing walls from a tornado that ripped through there early 2013.

I am not much on casinos but they have plenty of slots, and a private areas with about 20 poker tables for tournaments. They also have a bunch of restaurants. Like I said they are still under construction so as far as a number I cannot say. We on the second floor at a all you can eat buffet. It was amazing!! 6 different cuisines to choose from and about 100 different pastries. All this is for 16 dollars plus tip. You will not leave this place hungry!! They also have higher class restaurants but at the time they seemed to still be in the constructions phase.

Overall the stay was wonderful. I would like to say that we will return but we live 8 hours away. The hotel portion of it is definitely high end and the guest relations manager deserves and atta boy for coaching their staff on how to treat people.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Upon checking in Brianne was respectful but would not do a cash deposit when I had express to her about having to wait for 3 weeks for my credit card to be refunded the previous times we stayed there. Finally a manager on duty came out and did tell me that they'll do it these time but never again will they accept a cash deposit. The rooms curtain had cigarette burns on it and the bed sheets apparently they don't have a fitting one or whom ever dressed the bed did a very poor job on it that when I pull the covers over me I pulled every single one of them leaving the bed exposed. Aroma cafe had great service and outstanding breakfast. Upon check out miss Saneka was very rude because once she pulled up the account on her screen she started laughing as if what she read on the screen was some type of joke about me and my guest. We try to contact her over the phone to ask her what was on that screen that she found so funny and made her laugh at us. I can understand the casino being remodel and that I am willing to trade off for a high standard customer service not whatever I experienced as far being hassled for a credit card at check in or the laughter of Saneka at check out time. If I was in in the joke I would of laughed too but apparently it was all on her screen not for me to be part of it. Hopefully someone will see these and take the appropiate actions in order to maintain a high standard of customer service.

2  Thank Randi T
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As casino hotels go, this one isn't the best or the worst. The bed was very comfortable and the room was quiet (I was there on a Monday night so I can't vouch for the weekends). The only real drawback is that the furnishings, and in fact the whole hotel, really needs to be refurbished. The decor is very outdated, the carpet needed replacing ... the whole room just looked "old".

The worst part for me was that the room is seriously unfriendly to business travelers. There are almost no available power plugs except in the bathroom. They do have complimentary WiFi but it was slow. It would be easy enough to install "power stations" as some other hotels have done, and I would strongly recommend they do it.

• Trip type: Traveled on business