My wife and I stayed here on a drop of a dime. We flew in from Mexico and didn't want to drive all night home so we looked on expedia and found a room for 89 dollars plus tax. We gambled and were not disappointed.
The person working the service desk was great. I forget his name but he was a short black dude. He apologized like 10 times because the valet and bus service was not 24 hours. Either way for that price I was not going to complaint. Not only that but we arrived at midnight.
I will say that with this being a casino, such services should be available around the clock. If a casino expects 24 hour gambling, the least they can do is have 24 accommodations.
The room was fabulous. Not much on a view as you overlook the parking garage but if you play it just right you can park your car within view. The parking lot was well lit, and it provided ample places to park. In addition to all this the parking was free. The bed was a king size bed, with a 32 in television and a work area with a pull out couch. The room was clean and well maintained. This place is fairly new and it shows. The bathroom was over the top. The toilet is separated from the rest of the bathroom and it has a perfect area for my wife to place all her getting ready apparatuses. The tub was a one person sit in tub, and the water pressure was amazing after an 8 hour flight.
Overall I was very pleased with this stay. It is a bit of a drive from downtown St. Louis, I would put it as a 30 minute drive on a good day. You have to fight downtown traffic and airport traffic but it is fairly reasonable. The place was under construction while we were there so, as far as its full potential I would say this place isn't there yet. There is a lot of construction going on inside of it. And that's putting it mildly. They are literally hanging ceilings and replacing walls from a tornado that ripped through there early 2013.
I am not much on casinos but they have plenty of slots, and a private areas with about 20 poker tables for tournaments. They also have a bunch of restaurants. Like I said they are still under construction so as far as a number I cannot say. We on the second floor at a all you can eat buffet. It was amazing!! 6 different cuisines to choose from and about 100 different pastries. All this is for 16 dollars plus tip. You will not leave this place hungry!! They also have higher class restaurants but at the time they seemed to still be in the constructions phase.
Overall the stay was wonderful. I would like to say that we will return but we live 8 hours away. The hotel portion of it is definitely high end and the guest relations manager deserves and atta boy for coaching their staff on how to treat people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While you are here, we invite you to discover exciting gaming with non-stop entertainment and gourmet dining. Test your luck on our extensive selection of over 2,100 slot machines plus over 57 table games. We also have a number of dining options from fast, delicious burgers at Celebrity Grill to a more upscale experience at Final Cut Steakhouse. There is something to settle everyone at our seven dining venues. The excitement doesn't stop there! Don't forget about Boogie Nights. Dance the night away with the Ultimate 70s & 80s dance club open every Friday and Saturday from 9pm - 3am. Experience fun and excitement all under one roof. If there is anything we can to enhance your stay, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.855.STL.GAME. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrahs Hotel Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Saint Louis
- Harrahs St Louis Casino Hotel
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO