“wrong direction”

Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel
Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed February 11, 2013

rooms are dirty,buffet stinks and overpriced, requested microwave didn't get it. told of free internet, no such thing. poor service, if any. put down 3k to gamble gave them very good action, made me pay 4 @#@### dollars for a beer. won a little money and cashed in, they treated me like I robbed the casino. what a @#@@# joke of a casino.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
9  Thank carl r
There are newer reviews for Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is our first time staying overnight since it became Hollywood. We are locals who gamble here a lot, but wanted to be close to the airport for our early morning flight.

They gave us a comped Suite. It was the largest suite I every stayed in . The whole top two floors are Suites. There was a huge whirlpool tub if you want to relax.

We found the slots to be a bit tight this time, and they are under construction in half the casino. We do not understand why it would take forever to do this, but it has been quite a while for about a fourth of the casino to be down.

The comps seem to be a little more generous than Harrah's so far (Since the November 1st takeover), but we will see how long that lasts. It does appear that they are trying to improve on many things, but in the end they will need to loosen their slots somewhat to compete with Ameristar across the river.

We had a very nice dinner at Charlie Gitto's Italian restaurant in the casino. A first class place with terriffic food and not all that pricey for what you get.

This is still our home base casino and we hope they will continue to make improvements as promised to this property.

Big Jim

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keno777
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel/casino several times when it was Harrah's, and this is the first as Hollywood. The place is showing serious signs of wear and tear. This is the first time anywhere I've had to get a different room due to smell. Second room wasn't much better. Casino still decent, as was the buffet. Overall, this place does not have the WOW factor anymore.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank JohnH91
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Really nice room, extremely clean, lovely bathroom.
They let me check in early. Staff was very friendly.
The service was very good, I needed some extra towels
and didn't have to wait 5 minutes before they brought them.
Food is great, try the prime rib on Thursday!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Don't waste your money playing slots here. Look around before you throw your money away at the slots. Much tighter than when it was Harrah's. I didn't see anyone winning and spoke to several "regulars" who felt the same way. Gambling is supposed to be entertainment but how entertaining is it to go to a casino with nothing but cold machines where you can't even win enough to play for a little while. The drink and change people were not very friendly and I got a general vibe of discontentment from employees as well as patrons. Just not a fun place since Hollywood took over. They have taken sheer greed to a whole new level and have tightened their slots to a ridiculous level.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Serena S
Reviewed January 12, 2013

We recently spent three comped nights at this hotel, that was recently converted from a Harrahs property. The hotel room was very nice, clean, with a refrigerator. The only problem we had was upon doing the check-out in the room, found there was an error which we had to go to the front desk to correct. The staff at the desk were efficient and friendly. The casino is under some renovation. The buffet is average.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I stayed with my dad at the New Hollywood casino on January 1st. The hotel was excellent, rooms were clean, nice and beds very comfortable. The Staff was very nice and pleasant. Only bad side was they did not have a swimming pool or hot tub for when you want to relax when your not gambling.

We went to the Casino it was okay. I went to the bar in the Casino sat down to have a few drinks and play some video poker. I waited almost 45 minutes until a bartender came up to get my drink order. There were 3 bar tenders and only about 4 other guest at the bar. They were occasianly making drinks for when the waitresses came up with the orders from guest through out the casino, but they weren't very busy at all. Half of time the bartenders where standing around talking to each other and one was constantly leaning against the counter. They looked at me several times, so they knew I was there. When the bartender finally came up to me and took my order, which was a Long Island Ice Tea, I watched him as he went to the cash register with my credit card. He started to talk to the other bartender and showed him my credit card, they both looked at me and laugh. I guess they thought it was funny using a credit card for buying drinks. I had two Long Islands, which where Highly Over Priced, cost almost $9.00 for just one!!! The Casino Queen only charges about $3.00 for a Long Island Ice Tea.

This is the second time we been to the New Hollywood Casino. Each time bad customer service! The casino is nice but they need to do something with their staff!

Room Tip: Get a room close to the elevators if you have trouble walking. Their hallways are very long!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#13 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#15 of 17 in Maryland Heights
River City Casino & Hotel
River City Casino & Hotel
#15 of 121 in Saint Louis
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, St. Charles
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel? Share your experiences!