This was my first time staying at this hotel, which is attached to a casino. Check in was very fast. There are two different "towers-Island and Mardi Gras" where the rooms are located. When going on the elevators to your room, you have to enter the elevator, and then insert your room key into the key slot, then press the floor button. Once on the floor, there are security cameras in designated places in the hallway.
The room itself was very nice. Heavy, cream colored -four-panel doors, bifold,-louvered white doors for the closet. A large gold dressing mirror attached to the wall. When you enter the room's 'foyer", there are marble floors, which extend into the bathroom.
Bathroom-Exquisite. Marble floors, nice deep tub, which looks like an rectangular jacuzzi tub without the jets. Gold water faucets, and shower. Towel ring attached to the vanity, Kleenex, a lighted round magifying makeup mirror attached to the wall
( Loved this! ), Gold trimmed rectangular mirror that spread across the wall over the vanity. Nice amenities: Soap, lotion (nice scent), shampoo, conditioner, and hairdryer. Very good water flow from the faucet.
Negative: It was a strand hair on the ledge of the bathtub ( another poster said this earlier about their room as well) and on the floor under the vanity.
Closet: Has an in-room combination safe on the shelf, which you need a credit card to use, an iron/ironing board, and luggage rack.
Bed: nice duvet cover, and throw on bed. Bed was high from floor, but I didn't think it was the most comfortable I have slept in. It was a little firm for my tastes.
Room: Has a round table with two arm chairs, and a lamp, ice bucket , 2 glasses (real) on a tray and ice tongs ( which I'd never had in a hotel room before-nice touch) Also, has an alarm clock and granite tops on the nightstand and the dresser, which had a widescreen flat-screen tv on the top of it.
NEGATIVE; Tv has a VERY LIMITED number of channels. 2 are hotel channels, you get CNN, USA, TBN, ESPN, another sports channel, and the local channels only ( 2 4 30(12), 5 , and 11). Was very suprised at the lack of channels, although this is a casino hotel, I guess they expect you to be gambling, not watichg tv in the room. They do, however, have "On Demand" entertainment, for a fee. You can select from a variety of for-a fee- programming: Adult, television shows on demand, music video channel, tv internet ( Keyboard is next to tv), and a few others.
There is a fitness center in the hotel, need your room key to enter. I did not see a business center or an area to print out an airline boarding pass like in most hotels.
POSITIVE; Free parking, always a plus
I had breakfast in the "Eat Up" breakfast buffet. for $11.00. It was just ok at best, and overrated, in my opinion. Food choices included bacon, sausage, cream of wheat, grits, oatmeal, biscuits, gravy, eggs w/cheese & chives on it, pancakes, plain and blueberry, made for you omlets, salad, fruit salad , melons, juice, coffee. I have had better at Hometown Buffet.
There are other restaurants on the property as well: a steak house, an Italian eatery, a Cafe, and the Voodoo Lounge ( Where they tape Harrah's Lucky Break Kareoke Contest ) every Wed. night, to be televised on Saturday nights. It's a lot of fun to watch the performances.
Overall, the hotel is nice ( but very pricey), and I would recommend it to anyone, especially if they play in the casino on a regular basis, and receive a free room as a comp.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While you are here, we invite you to discover exciting gaming with non-stop entertainment and gourmet dining. Test your luck on our extensive selection of over 2,100 slot machines plus over 57 table games. We also have a number of dining options from fast, delicious burgers at Celebrity Grill to a more upscale experience at Final Cut Steakhouse. There is something to settle everyone at our seven dining venues. The excitement doesn't stop there! Don't forget about Boogie Nights. Dance the night away with the Ultimate 70s & 80s dance club open every Friday and Saturday from 9pm - 3am. Experience fun and excitement all under one roof. If there is anything we can to enhance your stay, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.855.STL.GAME. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrahs Hotel Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Saint Louis
- Harrahs St Louis Casino Hotel
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO