“Great get away”

Ranked #14 of 17 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Brownsville, Wisconsin
“Great get away”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Had an excellent weekend get away only a few hrs from WI.
Plenty of gaming opportunities with 2 casinos under one roof. Excellent restaurants. Charlie Gito's Italian and Kelly's English Steakhouse.
The casino is within about 1/2 hr drive from the St Louis Arch($14 adults) to ride to the top.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Neenah, Wisconsin
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Check-in was fast and efficient, and the employee was pleasant. They do not have a lot of smoking rooms, but I did get one, and it did not smell like smoke. The beds were full-size rather than queen, but they were quite comfortable.
The room was clean. It had a refrigerator, flat-screen TV, ironing board, complimentary water, single-cup coffee maker, and hair dryer. The shower was high-pressure with plenty of water flow. The climate control for the room was easy to operate.
Check-out, like check-in, was fast and efficient. One of the ashtrays broke on the bathroom floor, and they didn't charge me for it since it was an accident, which was rather kind of them.

Room Tip: I was in the Island tower
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Enjoyed our one night stay here - rooms were clean and comfortable. If you like casinos this one seemed like a nice one, and the restaurant Charlie Gittos was very good. A bit of a drive outside of St. Louis.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Lake Ozark, Missouri
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We stayed overnight for the KISS concert next door at Verizion Amphitheatre. Did research on all the hotels in the general area of St. Charles and found the best rate here, although I booked about 2 months in advance. Liked the convenience of being so close to the venue.
Opted for the parking garage, never had a problem finding a space close to the elevator. Front desk was a short walk away. The front desk staff were extremely friendly. I wish I'd gotten the name of the bubbly blonde lady, she was so great at what she does. Awesome first impression!
We were booked in a "luxury king" in the Island tower. (*Based on other reviews, I think we'll request the Mardi Gras tower next time).
The room was nicely appointed with newer furnishings, nice flat screen, fridge, etc. I liked the extra lighting, mirrors, various outlets in the room so you could get ready while someone else was in the bathroom. Also, the bedding and bed were amazing! ****Wish all hotels would get the concept of ditching the nasty bedspreads/throw pillows, and go simple with CLEAN soft white sheets that "sandwich" and cover the duvet and are washed everyday. We slept so well. Bathroom was pretty roomy, a DEEP soaker tub/shower combo (that is, if you like tubs, which we don't), fluffy newer towels, great lighting, and amazing SHOWER. I think that's the best water pressure we're ever had in a hotel room! Only complaint, lots of random hair (ewww) all over the pretty marble- like floors in the entry and bathroom when we walked in. Kinda gross.
Since we stayed on a Monday night, lots of things were closed. Sammy's (soooo bummed about that) and the Voodoo Lounge with the piano bar was closed too. We opted for Charlie Gittos, which was very good! They had several other outlets still to choose from.
We aren't huge gamblers and are non-smokers, so we didn't spend much time in the casino. The security people checking ID's at entry were so VERY friendly. The entire property constantly REEKED of smoke. But hey, it's a casino, right? They do offer a Non smoking side which is a bit more tolerable. For a Monday night, it was pretty busy. The two food places inside the casino were super busy even at 1am. And the bar was packed. Maybe due the concert goers.
It was so convenient to our venue and a great price ($89 plus tax). I'd consider staying here again for an overnight stay for another concert, quick fun getaway, or even before a flight at STL. I hear they offer shuttle service! (But I'd check shuttle hours before even considering).

Room Tip: Hallways are super long. We were at the very end. Long haul to ice machine.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Tolono, Illinois
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We stayed two nights at the Harrah's hotel and casino. Our room was nice. The comfort of the beds was awesome! It was like sleeping on a cloud! The pillows were just as nice. The shower head in the bathroom felt so good you didn't want to get out. They had a deep bath tub/shower in the bathroom. The service was good and they made our trip very nice. We stayed in the Island Tower. They have several restaurants in the building from buffet, steak, pasta and quick stop restaurants. The staff in all areas were very good. We will stay here again. It is about 25 minutes to downtown St. Louis where we went to a ballgame. I would have given a better rate on cleanliness but the carpet int he hotel room hallways needed to shampooed bad!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I really like this hotel/casino. It is big and spacious and bright. The rooms are nice, especially the ones in the Mardi Gras Tower. Just as a previous reviewer mentioned I made a reservation for the Mardi Gras Tower versus the Island Tower. When I arrived they had put me in the Island Tower, but I requested and received a room in the Mardi Gras Tower. I had to wait until one was ready, but from a previous stay I knew it would be worth the wait. The Mardi Gras rooms are larger, brighter and newer. I like the casino which has a wide selection of games.
I ate in the Grill and the new Steakhouse. The Grill food was good; the Kelly Steakhouse was outstanding. The service in both restarants was exceptional. That is another consistent feature of this hotel, the great staff. If you ask nicely, they will even print out your boarding pass for you. Ms. McClellan at the front desk was fantastic and extremely customer service oriented; she always had a nice smile and helpful courteous manner on the two occasions I interacted with her.
In addition, the hotel has a very good complimentary shuttle from the airport to the hotel and back to the airport. You simply call the hotel when you arrive at the airport and they will send a shuttle to pick you up. That is a tremendous savings since taxi fare would be about $30 each way with tip. The shuttle drivers, Dave and Ollie, were so nice. It was pouring rain when I arrived and Dave was there with an umbrella to assist me from getting drenched. I look forward to a return trip to this hotel.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the Mardi Gras Tower; they are the nicest.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed August 2, 2012

After driving 8 hours it was a nice place to stop. I'm not just saying that cause we won a little....lol....it really was nice. We did go down to the casino for a bit....and then slept very well in the nice king bed! The dogs slept well too....My bad, but I thought it was a $100 refundable deposit...and with the great rate we had...well it was a good night! Only to find out that their was a refundable deposit of $50....but they kept that $100! So, yeah, now the room rate wasn't as great as I thought....so be careful with that if you take your pups in there with you! Whew.....Anyway, everyone was super friendly and helpful and we had a good night.....quick coffee and donut at the bistro and back on the road. All and all a nice one night stop!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank froggeede
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
River City Casino & Hotel
River City Casino & Hotel
#16 of 120 in Saint Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St. Louis
Holiday Inn Express Riverport St...
#15 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Airport - Riverport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#11 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverport
Homewood Suites St. Louis-Riverp...
#12 of 17 in Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. Louis Westport Plaza
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#1 of 17 in Maryland Heights
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel? Share your experiences!