I have stayed at the Harrah's Hotel and Casino property in suburban St Louis over 40 nights in the last year. The hotel has two separate towers, the "Island" and the "Mardi Gras". The Island contains the "luxury" which in this case means "standard" rooms on the lower eight floors. The top two floors of the "Island" tower has more expensive suites. The lower seven floors of the "Mardi Gras" tower contain "premium" rooms, which are a bit larger and have a few more amenities than the "luxury" rooms. The top two floors of the "Mardis Gras" are also home to more expensive suites.
First, let me in no particular order list what I believe to be the positive aspects of the Harrah's- St Louis Hotel.
Friendly service from the front desk and all service people.
Top notch linens, down pillows and comforters on the beds
Clean, modern rooms
Quiet, effective heating and air conditioning in the rooms
Aesthetically pleasing colors and motifs in the rooms and common areas.
Large, comfortable bathrooms (including large tub/shower) in the Mardi Gras tower.
Ample very hot water from the shower/tubs
Accessible free ramp parking and easily available free valet parking
Good, reasonably priced restaurants.
Easily achieved comps on rooms and food via the casino.
Now for the "needs improvement" category.
Hotel has no swimming pool.
Property is located across the road from a landfill(dump) which tends to send it's stinky air on a regular basis to Harrah's- you don't smell it all the time but when you do.... p..u
Television selection offered in the rooms is scanty at best
Water pressure from room bathroom showers is rather weak
Bathrooms and shower/tubs in "Island" tower are small.
I hope these short lists help in all intrepid travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- While you are here, we invite you to discover exciting gaming with non-stop entertainment and gourmet dining. Test your luck on our extensive selection of over 2,100 slot machines plus over 57 table games. We also have a number of dining options from fast, delicious burgers at Celebrity Grill to a more upscale experience at Final Cut Steakhouse. There is something to settle everyone at our seven dining venues. The excitement doesn't stop there! Don't forget about Boogie Nights. Dance the night away with the Ultimate 70s & 80s dance club open every Friday and Saturday from 9pm - 3am. Experience fun and excitement all under one roof. If there is anything we can to enhance your stay, please do not hesitate to call us at 1.855.STL.GAME. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harrahs Hotel Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Maryland Heights
- Harrah's Saint Louis
- Harrahs St Louis Casino Hotel
- Hollywood Casino St. Louis Hotel Saint Louis/Maryland Heights, MO