“Amazing Place To Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed in Room 323 which looked out over Madison the downtown area. We had a corner suite with glass around and view of the Chicago Opera House and the Canal. The staff at check-in was upbeat and very helpful in getting us to the parking and up to our room. We had our two little poodles with us and as always La Quinta is our choice for their pet friendly policy. WOW was all I could say when we went inside the room...the bathroom had double entry doors, glass walls and walk in shower with room for several! The decor was very tasteful, modern and the room seemed to have been recently remodeled--if not they have been taken care of nicely. The wireless internet did not require password and was FAST. The TV was large screen and we had more than enough channels to click through. Our concierge was kind enough to use a highlighter and map out exactly where all the walkable restaurants were close by and what type of food they served, and provided coupons for free appetizers at some. The only minus I have (and this is for anywhere I stay) is that I always have to track down more coffee for the room. Why can't you leave more than two pods???

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 10, 2014

We stayed a this hotel with our two Golden Retrievers. The staff were all first class from making the reservation to Terrence who checked us in at 6pm and was there & 7AM checking the breakfast! The room was clean and nice. Parking was ample. The dog exercise area needed some clean up, but was more than adequate. Access was convenient and in a quiet neighborhood. We did not explore dining (ordered in) or other amenities in the area. The breakfast offering was not as good as I hoped for, but will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 3, 2014

I've been coming down to St Louis from Chicago a couple times a year for about 15 years now - first for work and since to visit friends I made from coming down for work. From the very beginning I stayed at the Westport LaQuinta because it was the closest hotel to the office. Since I've been coming down simply to visit, I've tried a couple other places that were more convenient to where I was visiting, but I've come back to LaQuinta to stay - it's my home away from home in St Louis.

Very clean, very updated rooms, comfortable chairs and beds, great desk / work setup with screaming fast wifi, very nice free continental breakfast, friendly and efficent staff. I've never had any hint of a bad experience here. Just a consistently satisfying stay time after time. Very competitive rates too. You'll pay twice to three times as much at the prestigious 'name' hotels, they'll nickel and dime you with parking and internet fees, and you won't have a more comfortable stay. After probably 30 or so stays over the years, I realized the LaQuinta was way overdue for a review, and I'm happy to finally write it.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Romo2004
Reviewed April 2, 2014

Charles who checked me into the hotel is an excellent employee. He did everything he could to welcome me and make my stay comfortable. He even checked to see whether I was happy with my accommodations.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Bonnie C
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We booked this room via Priceline to avoid leaving our home (2.5 hours away) at 4 am or worse to catch an early outbound flight from Lambert. We arrived late evening, were checked in quickly and cordially, and easily got on the airport shuttle schedule for the next morning. The beds are comfortable and the bathroom is nice. Overall, clean and comfortable hotel. We skipped the breakfast since we had to be at the airport so early and would have time to eat there before our flight. Looked to be standard waffles, cereal, fruit, coffee, and juice. 15 minute van drive to the airport with front door service to our airline drop off point. Especially since I booked through a discount site, I spent just a little more than I would have for a few days at park and fly and avoided driving through STL rush hour and/or leaving my house so early. So worth it! It was easy to call the hotel for a pickup when we landed in STL a few days later; we easily caught the shuttle since the driver was already there and were back in our own vehicle about 30 or 40 minutes after landing.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank mcmullen_k
Reviewed March 30, 2014

I always stay here while in St. Louis because they most graciously accept animals. The staff are wonderful and they have a moderate breakfast bar with waffles. This place is located close to highways and makes getting around South St. Louis easy.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 29, 2014

They couldn't offer us the specific type of room as the place was really booked due to some party and convention event, even though it was requested ahead of time on the reservation. However, they did give us an easy in and out room and knocked the room rate down by a good margin. So as far as im concerned, excellent. They did try to accommodate though, not like they said "we don't have anything".

The hotel is big. Literally. Rooms are also big and well kept with no odd smells. The bathroom though could use an update as it was worn and obsolete. So I have to knock a star off. The outside area is plenty and there is a pool, Jacuzzi, gazebo and some benches and tables I couldn't care about as it was during a cold spell. But certainly lots of areas for gatherings and kids if you need them.

Location is decent, right next to a QT so you will never go hungry or thirsty, but anything else requires a drive.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maryland Heights
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham St. L...
#2 of 18 in Maryland Heights
Downtown
Hyatt Regency St. Louis at The Arch
Comfort Inn St Louis - Westport
#6 of 18 in Maryland Heights

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport? Share your experiences!