“Where's maintenance?”

La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Maryland Heights
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This hotel has been just short of a nightmare! Our shower barely works and when trying to take a bath I had to strain to get the tub stopper into position, when it finally did screw down, black slime backed up into the tub. YUCK! Earlier the same day I was awakened by a child running up and down the hall to the elevator and the heavy smell of cigarette smoke. So if you're a light sleeper, or someone with breathing problems or allergies you should know these walls are thin! That afternoon I had the pleasure of spending 20 minutes listening to room service talking on her phone and repeatedly slamming the door to the room she was supposedly cleaning. How she can properly clean a room while running in and out of a door all while holding a phone to her ear is beyond me.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Jody D

A TripAdvisor Member
Warrensburg, Missouri, USA
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The staff was friendly had always helpful. The cleaning staff was superior. Our room was always clean and comfortable. Best beds around! Quiet and Right next door to a QT...what more could a travler ask for !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 9, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on the 4th, 5th and 6th of July and found it very comfortable and in a decent location. The rate was very good and not being there before I was a little wary. But we were pleasantly surprised. It's a little hard to find as the motel is located behind a small strip mall and not visible from the street. Located beside I270 it is convenient to various attractions. The room was comfortable with a small fridge and microwave. The room our daughter had was larger but without those amenities. Service was very friendly and breakfast with waffles and such very good. Overall a good value for the money and I'd stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank pierceky
A La Quinta traveler
Kansas City, Kansas, USA
Reviewed July 8, 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank A La Quinta traveler
Reviewed July 4, 2013

I have stayed at this Lq location several times upon visiting STL. Very comfortable stay. Front desk staff very friendly. We have never had any issues with our stay. I prefer this location over the Dorsett Rd. Lq. This location is newer and not as creepy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Took the wife on a weekend getaway to Saint Louis. Great location near the Westport Plaza which has Restruants, Jazz Club, Comedy Club, etc... This hotel is well maintained although, the universal weight machine in the gym was broken, which limited my workouts. There were a lot of kids in the area of the hotel in which we stayed. So, it was a little noisy in the morning. The hotel takes pets which was wonderful. The staff was professional and helpful. We would highly recommend this hotel if you are staying in the Saint Louis area.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2013

The good: Nice location, airport shuttle(more on that later), very attentive staff.
II was arriving here ahead of my husband, as we were coming from two different locations, so the shuttle from the airport was important. I waited at "18" and after about 29 minutes realized that I needed to call....Virginia, who answered ( and who makes everything happen at this hotel) assured me that the shuttle would be there soon. And it was. The driver was very friendly and she and I chatted all of the way to the hotel. Even though I was quite early for check in I was cared for efficiently and quickly...Our room was clean, and cooled, so what if it was HOT outside!
Breakfast was what you would expect, with items being replaced quickly. I noticed that there were guests coming "down for breakfast" almost right at the stated end time...yet, the staff did not begin putting the buffet away till the late comers were seated.....
Just beyond the "breakfast room" was a very lovely area with several seating areas comprised of chairs, tables, and shaded areas for breakfast "al fresco" we really enjoyed a more natural place to eat.
BTW this hotel does offer smoking rooms...not many but some.....I am grateful for this feature. For non smokers I will say that there is no evidence of the smell of smoke through out the hotel with the exception of the hallway around room 417.
Check out was a breeze and if we pass this way again would definitely stay at this location!

Room Tip: This hotel has smoking rooms. Those I am aware of are on the 4th floor. We had one and it seems that...